PS Vita "Super Patch"

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
The patch is up for real right this minute.
Update 1.21 Major update.

What glitch was that?

The TotAN glitch? It's on the glitch list. When you get to the Genie battle most of the time it will not let you launch more than 1 ball so you cannot defeat the genie.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
The patch is up for real right this minute.
Update 1.21 Major update.

The TotAN glitch? It's on the glitch list. When you get to the Genie battle most of the time it will not let you launch more than 1 ball so you cannot defeat the genie.

Hmm. I guess I never got that one.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Hmm. I guess I never got that one.

Really? I know it has worked for people here and there. I've made it there probably 6 times and not once has it worked. Original release. First patch fix. 2nd patch that fixed the first patch. Deleted and redaownloaded etc... and it has never worked

FYI: Patch is 196mb and then you also have to re-download each table, but it prompts you and takes you to the store when you try to launch them.
Fingers crossed here too.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Hmmm...
So I downloaded and installed the patch. Then launched CftBL and it prompted me that I need to download the new version of the table. It took me to PSN and I re-downloaded the Black Knight/Creature pack and installed it. re-launched TPA, but neither table would launch, it still said I needed to get the new versions.
Went through the process again. Still doesn't work, but then it said Leaderboard access didn't work. Power cycled the Vita, still doesn't work so I am downloaded the new table pack for a 3rd time to see if they work.

Update in a few.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
On the 3rd download/install leaderboards are working again, but the tables do not. Just the "download the nw and improved version" loop.
I'm wondering if the patch to fix the tables has hit PSN, but the actual repaired tables aren't available on PSN yet.

Dinosaur Toy

Sep 10, 2012
game patches tend to go online on PSN before download packages appear on the PSN store. It's possible the replaced DLC packs have not gone live yet.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
AFM bumpers seem to be more active. Runs more smoothly. No Right orbit bug. As of yet, on all counts.

Is the lighting a little different on AFM? Is the ball more reflective?

The new, downloaded Creature runs at a much better frame rate!

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Yeah, that's what I'm figuring. The new table packs probably won't be available until this evening.

Hey Metalzoic,

NA Sony released the patch first before they updated the store which is why you may have run into that problem. The store should be updated by now.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Working great for me.

Downloading tables as we speak. All of them have come up right away.

A couple times I've had to close TPA after a download installs, but it works fine after that.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
Any improvement to the graphics? Some of those vita tables looked *rough*.

YES. A huge, pleasant surprise. There's not a low res texture in sight. Scared Stiff, Star Trek, Twilight Zone, Attack From Mars ... they're sharp and clean. Other tables that didn't need much graphical upgrades got a nice, but more subtle face-lift as well. So, the game finally runs, and looks, up to standard.

(I only have Season 1, would be nice to hear about Season 2).

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Tables that I've seen so far look and play great! AFM, Dr. Dude, MM, ST:TNG(got updated ramp art, I believe).

I'm kind of disappointed T2 didn't get touched up. I've always thought the playfield looked kinda low rez and the skull didn't look right, but maybe it's not that bad.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
Tables that I've seen so far look and play great! AFM, Dr. Dude, MM, ST:TNG(got updated ramp art, I believe).

I'm kind of disappointed T2 didn't get touched up. I've always thought the playfield looked kinda low rez and the skull didn't look right, but maybe it's not that bad.

i wish they did, too, and left Centaur alone. its different now. that is my only issue, the patch was great tho, imo.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014

Main patch notes said everything up to and including Pack 16 is patched. How do patched season 2 tables compare? How do tables past Pack 16 look (not related to the patch)?

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Main patch notes said everything up to and including Pack 16 is patched. How do patched season 2 tables compare? How do tables past Pack 16 look (not related to the patch)?

Pretty good. I just played Cactus Canyon for a bit and it looks much cleaner. It plays better too. No more annoying orbit collision issues. Centaur seemed OK to me. I wasn't a huge Centaur guy anyway. How is it different?

Firepower seems way faster! Did I see an animation on the star rollovers? The pop bumpers are more active as well. Again, more fine detail and better contrast on the playfield.

Space Shuttle looks great. The playfield seems like it has more fine detail.

The difference on CV is huge! Like CC and SS, it looks more colorful with much better detail and fine resolution.

BoP looks great! The right side zig-zagging return lane thing is more transparent now. The table is more colorful.

Basically, every table that got patched looks much better. Much more colorful, crisp, and they all play faster, more smoothly, and even the physics seem more realistic(not sure if that's real or it just seems better).

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts