PS3 Tournament 9/17/13 - 9/24/13

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'm in 69th place right now. Already a winner! I used to run disc golf tournaments with my brother and my friend Brett. Brett and I would be in the scorers tent after the first round checking and posting scores. When we'd get to someone who shot a 69 be would always say "already a winner" but it took me 2 years before I realized what he was talking about. It was so dumb it would crack me up every time.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm one place out from making gold. My ToM score is sorry, as is my Champ Pub. If I could just get those out of the basement, plus improve my Pin*Bot score by 1 million, I think I'll have it. I can already tell it's gonna come down to the wire for me.

schiapcom69

May 1, 2013
I'm in 69th place right now. Already a winner! I used to run disc golf tournaments with my brother and my friend Brett. Brett and I would be in the scorers tent after the first round checking and posting scores. When we'd get to someone who shot a 69 be would always say "already a winner" but it took me 2 years before I realized what he was talking about. It was so dumb it would crack me up every time.
im 71th,but i dont know a lot of tables like Pin bot Dr Dude e Centaur.

Vyrastas

Mar 26, 2013
I've never done one of the tournaments before so I'm in the bronze bracket I guess. Ran through all the tables last night and got up to #70... almost in the top 10%. I wasn't thrilled to have to play CV since I hate that table and suck at it, but surprisingly I ended up Joining the Circus on my 2nd game. :cool:

Anyway, my goal is to try and get into the 10%.

The league I'm in, where it's a tournament every month with completely different tables than the previous month, we only get one shot. You can practice all you want beforehand, but once the tourney starts, it's first and only score posted. What I like about that is it gives average players like me a chance to actually excel when the top players have a bad stumble.

Yeah my weekly league is like this... one game on each table and you're done. I wish they would do a tournament like this on PS3... would be more interesting to me.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yeah my weekly league is like this... one game on each table and you're done. I wish they would do a tournament like this on PS3... would be more interesting to me.

What league you in, if you don't mind my asking? I'm in the OC Pinball League.

cammanchee

May 29, 2013
Man, it would be nice if the tables like Centaur and Whirlwind would allow/count rollover scores like Pinbot does for the tournament so it would be such a pain trying to get as close to the rollover score as possible. I did have the high score on Centaur for the bronze tournament with a little over 9,987,000, after having a game of 13,860,000 to see if it counted the rollover scores and realizing it didn't. Earlier today someone posted a score of 9,998,810, and I just played a game not to long ago where I rolled the score twice by ball # 2 trying to get a score of 9,999,000 or as close as I could get before rolling over. I had a chance when I was coming up on the second rollover and was trying to best the top score. I had a little more than 9,999,000 and before I could get the table to tilt before rolling over, the ball hit an upper lane and rolled the score by 150 points. I decided to give up for today, but will probably try again tomorrow.

schiapcom69

May 1, 2013
I dont have a lot of time for playing unfortunately this tournament,so my tourney finish today.
Congrats to all here.
Anyway during the multiball on TOM and Circus Voltaire there are some rallenty,very very little,but the balls loose some frame with a strange effect..
I note this only on Ps3 version,on 360 is ok.
anyone note this little rallenty on Tom and CV during multiball ?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Man, it would be nice if the tables like Centaur and Whirlwind would allow/count rollover scores like Pinbot does for the tournament so it would be such a pain trying to get as close to the rollover score as possible. I did have the high score on Centaur for the bronze tournament with a little over 9,987,000, after having a game of 13,860,000 to see if it counted the rollover scores and realizing it didn't. Earlier today someone posted a score of 9,998,810, and I just played a game not to long ago where I rolled the score twice by ball # 2 trying to get a score of 9,999,000 or as close as I could get before rolling over. I had a chance when I was coming up on the second rollover and was trying to best the top score. I had a little more than 9,999,000 and before I could get the table to tilt before rolling over, the ball hit an upper lane and rolled the score by 150 points. I decided to give up for today, but will probably try again tomorrow.

I should have such problems. :p
Great playing!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
almost 100 point ahead of 2nd place :) Shut it down! Its OVER! and your winner by a mile....TOUGE_KILLER thank you thank you. :p

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
almost 100 point ahead of 2nd place :) Shut it down! Its OVER! and your winner by a mile....TOUGE_KILLER thank you thank you. :p

Okay, okay, we get it. Take the hubris down a notch, eh? Especially since of the 220+ players in the silver tourney, I only recognize a handful from these forums! Also, while it might be done for you, some of us are just trying to secure a space for the Gold level thank you very much. :rolleyes:

BTW...I thought of giving your Centaur score a run. Ultimately I got too nervous that I was gonna roll my score over so I tilted out with a ball in the shooter lane. I'm not familiar enough with the scoring on that table to know how many points simply launching the ball would have gotten me. Yikes!

I am so damn embarrassed by my scoring in ToM and Champ Pub. I've never been much of a fan of ToM, so that's me just knuckling up and gritting my teeth while playing, but even still I can't believe how sad my scores are on that. Champ Pub I only downloaded the day of the tourney, but even still, I can't figure out how to score on that thing! I'll have the ball in play a while and when it drains, I look at the score and think, "that's it???"

So S_S, become a cheerleader for us other guys of the forum in the Silver tourney. I know Brakel, Neglectoid, DarkAtosh, and ScotchYeti are all in it too. You've got your cushion, be the good sport!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
GO GUYS GOoooooo! :) I will commend you on your effort thus far and suggest you dont chase #1's that start with 9's. yes TILTING OUT is the way to not rollover...hence dont collect ball bonus, I had a 170+ Mill game on Dr.Dude and thought...CRAP I hope thers no ROLLOVER penalty! sure enough there was, so I quickly racked up a 99mill+ score on ball 1 and TILTED OUT!

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
If a dude can't be a little happy about his high score in a tournament in a thread specifically about that tournament, where *can* he be happy about it? I think we'll be okay here.

As for me, I'm firmly middle of the silver table. Yeah baby, yeah!

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
unless I get a good score on space shuttle, I am not gonna place in the gold. currently there are 7 people ahead of me that I must pass before I get a gold star.
I tried for about an good hour, to better my own score on space shuttle to no avail.

I guess I could try to get into the 99999999999999's on centaur (reminds me of when I was a lil kid, trying to 1up another kid when talking about large #'s) if really necessary.

As I have stated before I only play 2 of these tables regularly, so I am actually kinda surprised I have done this well.

Last edited:

ER777

Sep 8, 2012

Now if you just work on those ToM and TCP scores you might actually get a perfect 800, then I would be truly impressed!

I wish I had more time to go for the top 10 myself, but as it stands I'm just going to try to stay qualified for the gold tier.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012

well jpelter isn't in this tourney, and sirmoovenstein is in the bronze level.:p
just messing with ya. congrats. I agree with err777, go for a perfect score!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts