PS3 Version 2.0.4 (NA) Bugs & Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Hey Jeff, we're trying to duplicate the bug you've described, thus far to no avail. Anything you might be doing that we're not? We'll try it on a retail system too and let you know.

I just reproduced it, seems like you just BARELY need to get it in that lower level lock for the bug to happen.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hey Jeff, we're trying to duplicate the bug you've described, thus far to no avail. Anything you might be doing that we're not? We'll try it on a retail system too and let you know.

I just reproduced it, seems like you just BARELY need to get it in that lower level lock for the bug to happen.

I've had it happen in 3 of 4 games so far, so it doesn't happen evey time, but it shouldn't be too hard to reproduce.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Let me start off by saying that I enjoy the newly released tables so far. However, there are quite a few bugs.

As mentioned above about the high scoring, it's out of order. (Small thing really) Now here's where things get interesting. I was playing a game of No Good Golfers on the PS3 and only completed 3 of the standard goals. When all of the balls drained, it stated that I had completed all standard goals. I was like, "WTH?!" No I didn't. So I'm currently on wizard goals that I didn't even deserve to go to and mind you...no trophy for that, as expected.

Oh and the Elvira table (Party Monsters), the plunger is a bit off. I can't really explain it. Maybe I should do a vid to show you all. Is it me, or does that table STDM a lot? LOL Kind of like Gorgar.

Lastly, are any of you experiencing having Taxi and Harley Davidson show up in the options to play, but can't unlock it? I am. Oh and I know this is the PS3 forum, but I wanted to say the same for the Vita version.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Let's try and find something positive with this update...
Any improvements spotted yet?

Has the Goal detection been improved?
Have they given up a dual stage flipper on/off option?
Has the Medieval Maddness flipper gap been fixed?
Gorgar sounds stopping addressed?
Low res Black Knight table graphics replaced (in selection screen or in game)?
Backwards cabinet artwork fixed?
Shooting the ball through Rudy's mouth fixed?

Hopefully some of those were fixed.

I bought the new tables, but I am going to wait to play them until I find out more about this update... I don't want a repeat of 2.02!

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
It seems the high scores for Elvira & No Good Gofers are all wrong...
The bottom 2 high scores on Elvira are to high and on NGG, they are all way to high...

db63c.jpg

21l0lsn.jpg

I compared this to the default scores on my iphone (I only pay for the ps3 tables, but use the iphone to play the demos) and noticed two things:

1. The scores for NGG and Elvira are completely different
2. I don't have a screen shot, but the scores are exactly the same as Harley Davidson, meaning that the game somehow accidentally put the Harley scores for both of these tables. Probably has something to do with the fact that pack 6 was released before pack 5

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Didn't take long to find a bug for Elvira.

I had just scored the jackpot in multiball by hitting the two ramps, and the table suddenly reset on me and went into demo/attract mode.
I believe (for the sake of trying to reproduce this), I had simultaneously scored the million shot for the left ramp as I did this.
Then the flippers went dead, the score was 00, and the game was in attract mode. It's just sitting there like that now (TPA thinks I'm still playing)

Last edited:

EvanBingham

Aug 19, 2012
can't get the top 5 local high score trophies for elvira and ngg...

also if during elvira multiball you hit both balls into the bbq pit, the balls kinda get stuck for a while. Elvira for me plays extremely well though and so far no huge issues with ngg.

EvanBingham

Aug 19, 2012
btw the last update had this too...but the funhouse right plunger is misaligned for some reason. When the plunger is at rest it is pushing the ball up quite a bit

EvanBingham

Aug 19, 2012
Let's try and find something positive with this update...
Any improvements spotted yet?

Has the Goal detection been improved?
Have they given up a dual stage flipper on/off option?
Has the Medieval Maddness flipper gap been fixed?
Gorgar sounds stopping addressed?
Low res Black Knight table graphics replaced (in selection screen or in game)?
Backwards cabinet artwork fixed?
Shooting the ball through Rudy's mouth fixed?

Hopefully some of those were fixed.

I bought the new tables, but I am going to wait to play them until I find out more about this update... I don't want a repeat of 2.02!

I've been hitting most of the goals easily so far...
The dual stage flippers are still there and I'm starting to like them
So far it seems like the gorgar sound has been fixed.

someone else mentioned not being able to lock a ball in the lower playfield of black hole but i was able to do that too.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
I don't know about you but beating my own highscore is one of the biggest motivations in the game besides getting the Standard and Wizard goals. With the super high default scores this will become an issue very soon.

And now tell me: how can this slip quality control if you install the game, click on every menu item and play a game or two to test if everything is alright in the release version of the PS3? Not IOS, not the test version - the final retail version where developers cannot say "this and that will be fixed/replaced in the release". I thought Farsight has learnt this lesson... :mad:

Dont Troll Me

Apr 29, 2012
you know how can we give proper feedback when we don't even get patch Notes of any kind, i still hate medieval madness with a passion and its one of my favorite tables i know it sounds weird. i like other tables like creature from the black lagoon, monster bash ect ect. i want no good gofers :)

creature from the black lagoon: the bumpers sound weird or is it just me :/ , nothing else as of yet

is there patch notes? maybe i am missing them or did they just add tables again and that's all

give us patch notes i want to see it as a paying customer or just say there is no patches just updates for addon tables, does no one else care at all??

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Elvira and the Party Monsters 3-Ball Multiball Bug : During 3-Ball Multiball, if you hit the Party Punch Ramp first then the Monster Slide Ramp to score the Jackpot, the table goes back into attract mode and becomes unplayable but stays in the camera view you were playing in. This does not happen if you hit the Monster Slide Ramp first then the Party Punch Ramp to score the Jackpot. You must exit to reset the table.

EvanBingham

Aug 19, 2012
Elvira and the Party Monsters 3-Ball Multiball Bug : During 3-Ball Multiball, if you hit the Party Punch Ramp first then the Monster Slide Ramp to score the Jackpot, the table goes back into attract mode and becomes unplayable but stays in the camera view you were playing in. This does not happen if you hit the Monster Slide Ramp first then the Party Punch Ramp to score the Jackpot. You must exit to reset the table.

I didn't notice that and I've tried it twice...I thought you have to hit the monster ramp first for the jackpot anyways?

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Had a few games of both the new tables. Hoping they dim the pop bumpers on NGG they are super bright, maybe it's just because I was playing them at night after work. The ball flew off the table ( right side ) quite a few times on NNG think my score was in the 70 million range. I'm in love with Medieval Madness now just because I know they corrected the flippers this time and it is way better then before, some castle shots from the left flipper bother me still.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
NNG quote Bud "Now head for the cellar !" Buzz "You're in the wrong game idiot" ,awesome almost cracked up from laughing to hard, don't think that was in PHOFtWC and I never played this one in real life.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
And now tell me: how can this slip quality control if you install the game, click on every menu item and play a game or two to test if everything is alright in the release version of the PS3? Not IOS, not the test version - the final retail version where developers cannot say "this and that will be fixed/replaced in the release". I thought Farsight has learnt this lesson... :mad:

I think they can't test on a retail ps3 until the game is published on psn. But that's just me reading between the lines.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Well, Black Hole is officially busted for now. When shooting a ball into the lower playfield lock, absolutely nothing happens and neither nudging nor calling the attendant helps. :(

I've had it happen in 3 of 4 games so far, so it doesn't happen evey time, but it shouldn't be too hard to reproduce.

I got a reply from Bobby on this:

"We can repro it today – not sure what the issue was yesterday. We’ll track it down and get a new patch submitted."

Logo Lou

Oct 31, 2012
I joined because I couldn't take it anymore!

I know it has been mentioned time and time again, but this is MADDENING. I love Farsight, donated to both kickstarters, buy all the tables, but the quality control on PS3 is horrible! I didn't mind waiting for patches and I didn't mind the table release delays... if it meant all the bugs would be worked out. A few minor things here and there I can deal with, but theire are MAJOR issues time and time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.