PS3 Version 2.0.4 (NA) Bugs & Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Had the multiple balls in the plunger with NGG last night. Interestingly enough, finally went away a few games later when I was doing the 9th whole multiball (don't know name for stuff on this table yet, but the one where the gofers have screwed up the wiring) and its unlimited balls for a time. Had I believe 5, maybe 6 ball on the table at the same time, but once they were allowed to drain, it went back to 1 ball active.

budtki@verizon.net

Aug 20, 2012
from budtki:

the overpronounced white ramp plate dead center of upper playfield in gofers is annoying if not all together undesireable and does not serve a purpose except to obscur the upper playfield.

the upper loop shot(funhouse) with the cellar door is of a poor camera angle and takes away the fun and addicting concept of this game, shooting the cellar door is the premier shot and yet they seemed to have paid little attention to it

FUZZY MACHINES(poor resolution?) elvira, blacknight, gorgar, circus volitare..... these machines are not even worth the time as i feel i am playing a PS2 version.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
the overpronounced white ramp plate dead center of upper playfield in gofers is annoying if not all together undesireable and does not serve a purpose except to obscur the upper playfield.

the upper loop shot(funhouse) with the cellar door is of a poor camera angle and takes away the fun and addicting concept of this game, shooting the cellar door is the premier shot and yet they seemed to have paid little attention to it

FUZZY MACHINES(poor resolution?) elvira, blacknight, gorgar, circus volitare..... these machines are not even worth the time as i feel i am playing a PS2 version.

Hey, thanks for joining the conversation, but what you are referring to are not bugs specific to this update, 2.0.4, but rather opinions that should be addressed in other threads. Just look up the specific tables on the general forum page and express yourself their.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Spoonman I got it yesterday after posting my 3rd top 5 score 4th place below my highest score.

Ahh, so there is still hope. :)

Had the multiple balls in the plunger with NGG last night. Interestingly enough, finally went away a few games later when I was doing the 9th whole multiball (don't know name for stuff on this table yet, but the one where the gofers have screwed up the wiring) and its unlimited balls for a time. Had I believe 5, maybe 6 ball on the table at the same time, but once they were allowed to drain, it went back to 1 ball active.

Ditto.. Just had this happen twice in one night.

How much time do you think Farsight puts into testing each build? Some of these bugs happen with very little effort or play time.
I think maybe they are too focused on TZ and not giving enough care, love, testing, whatever to the others.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
We'll after they said "Oh we'll test on our consumer PS3 I just hung my head....REALLY!? Right dont try what the consumer will play just make sure it works on 360 and android....REALLY!?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
We'll after they said "Oh we'll test on our consumer PS3 I just hung my head....REALLY!? Right dont try what the consumer will play just make sure it works on 360 and android....REALLY!?

I keep getting the feeling that they can't test on a consumer machine before it is published. I think they can only test on developer box. Presumably for TZ it will be different since they will be publishing a closed beta.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
I keep getting the feeling that they can't test on a consumer machine before it is published. I think they can only test on developer box. Presumably for TZ it will be different since they will be publishing a closed beta.
I'm pretty certain that there are test/review PS3s out there. A gaming journalist friend of mine had/has one And we used to play pre-release code builds on that all the time, including disc-distributed builds of PSN games like Stardust HD and Wipeout. Other than the ability to run these code builds it was effectively a consumer PS3.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The visuals (table saturation and lighting) on some of the tables need work. I don't know if a different person handles the lighting on the PS3 version or if the post processing is handled differently than on the Xbox 360 version, but something is definitely off. While the lighting looks great on the core tables, the DLC tables are hit (Funhouse, Elvira and the Party Monsters) or miss (Medieval Madness, Cirqus Voltaire) while the lighting on all ten tables on the Xbox 360 are, for the most part, consistent and look great.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Have some DLC packs been removed for the US PSN store?? I loaded up my UK PSN account and check what table packs were available and up to DLC pack 4 was, i then loaded up my US PSN Store account and it was only showing 3 DLC packs for the US PSN store, what gives i wanted to download DLC pack 6??

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Have some DLC packs been removed for the US PSN store?? I loaded up my UK PSN account and check what table packs were available and up to DLC pack 4 was, i then loaded up my US PSN Store account and it was only showing 3 DLC packs for the US PSN store, what gives i wanted to download DLC pack 6??

It's there. Look under "New PS3 Add-Ons". Just Sony making things more difficult than needed.

thorphin

Jun 27, 2012
Okay, I've been playing this new update, and on several occasions, I've run into a bug when entering a high score. So far, every time I've gotten two high scores in a multiplayer game, I can enter initials for the first player, but when I'm asked to enter initials for the second player, all controls work EXCEPT for X. So, no letter selection. All you can really do is just wait for the table to time out and move on. Like I said, this has happened every time two high scores were earned in one play session. For me, this is on Cirqus Voltaire, Elvira and the Party Monsters, and No Good Gofers. I definitely know that this never happened before.

I don't know if it's related... but I just realized that immediately after this high score input problem, now there is an issue with my CV scores. Before this playthrough, I had the #5 score (around 12 million). I just got two scores above 25 or so million. Now, the high score list is:
LS 75,923,380
POP 45,000,000
LTD 40,000,000
ROB 35,000,000
ZAB 30,000,000

Don't recognize any of these.

REALLY hoping I don't have to start a new save game and lose all my goals progress (and scores) for 14 tables. Farsight, is there a fix? Possibility to add a RESET to DEFAULT scores option for each table? Don't know if that's easier than just fixing the underlying problem or not. In a pinball game, accurate score tracking sure would be great!

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
I just had the Ripleys table lose balls and basically freeze up. Calling the attendant didn't help, I had to kick out of the game.

So since this patch, I've had game stopping bugs on Elvira, NGG, Medieval Madness, Theater Of Magic and Ripleys.

No more TPA until the next patch for me. I'm trying to keep a forgiving mind, but this is getting stupid. :mad:

I will buy the taxi pack when it shows up just so that those tables that display will play, but that's it until everything that is not working is addressed. I don't mind when there is the odd thing that randomly happens on the odd table. The above is happening frequently, and with the introduction of this patch. That is a case of a flat out a broken game.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Anybody with PS3 on EATPM shoot up the right ramp just to have it go to the left ramp and spell ELVIRA even if your on L? twice in 1 game I wouldn't mind since you get the 3mill. shot but I wanted the EXTRA BALL.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I haven't really had much time to play since this update, but man does it sound like its got all sorts of problems.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I didnt expect less. This has got to be the buggiest game ever! seriously I've been playing games for almost 30 years....damn!, anyways this is #1 on my list!

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
It's too bad too, because it otherwise looks and plays excellent. I never had a ball transfer ramps, but the game ending ball lock glitch completely ruins it. A few of us here spent literally hours on games scoring in the hundreds of millions just to have this happen and waste the whole thing.

There's also a glitch where the machine randomly decides to reboot itself and go into attract mode, killing your game.

I won't be playing this until that glitch is confirmed fixed. Even then, don't know if I will... since it's too easy to rack up extra balls indefinitely and the high score becomes nothing more than an endurance contest.

Den

Nov 5, 2012
I'd like to report a bug in Elvira and the Party Monsters for both the PS3 and Vita versions. When I enter my initals as DEN (short for Dennis), the game writes HELLO DENNIS is the scoring tables, and the session does not properly end after I'm awarded a credit. The table is technically active because I can nudge the table, but I can't press start to get a game going because the first session does not properly end. I'm guessing this has something to do with the creator of the table being named Dennis and this was an Easter Egg of sorts that is glitching this version of the game?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I'd like to report a bug in Elvira and the Party Monsters for both the PS3 and Vita versions. When I enter my initals as DEN (short for Dennis), the game writes HELLO DENNIS is the scoring tables, and the session does not properly end after I'm awarded a credit. The table is technically active because I can nudge the table, but I can't press start to get a game going because the first session does not properly end. I'm guessing this has something to do with the creator of the table being named Dennis and this was an Easter Egg of sorts that is glitching this version of the game?

O: Cool find, though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts