PS4 Cirqus Voltaire Screenshot

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
YES! thats why I posted it and the neon tube is lit up! hey syt can you work your side by side comparison magic please :)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
hey syt can you work your side by side comparison magic please :)

You mean like this?

1148813_556093724427483_335504064_n.jpg

I tried to scale the FS version to match the same size as the real image. Obviously they are at a slightly different angle, and I cropped the FS image to show as much as the one SKILL_SHOT posted.

So boys and girls (do we have any of those here?), can you point out the differences? What FS has done is captured about 95% of what we want, which is great. Now we're just fighting for that last 5%!!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I think what I notice most is the GI lights missing on the FS version under the left ramp, the menagerie ball having no reflections, and the chrome not picking up as many highlights as it should.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
It looks like the FS version needs to replace the "spotlight" with general room lighting.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
hopefully FS is trying to BLOW us outta are minds with optional lighting...this mode is a HID track light pointing over your table without glass look :p
:(

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I simply think there is a real opportunity here for level of realism. PS4 isn't being ported down to PS3, it's being it's own beast. Therefore the only restrictions in terms of what FS can do are the restrictions within the PS4 itself. This isn't TPA being put out during the iPad 2 and having to restrict itself despite what an iPad 4 can do. This is TPA being able to do whatever the system is capable of. And that is what we need to encourage them to do.

Encourage being the operative word here.

I'm guilty of being a harsh critic at times too, and I have to remind myself to temper my posts into something constructive. We did just that with the T2 skull, I think we can do that with this too. So to all you who are loving how this is looking, you're not wrong. But look at that side by side and tell me if (a) it can't be better, and (b) there's any reason it shouldn't. These are the perfect types of examples to really bring it on home, to show people who don't have access to real pinball and don't understand what it should really look like, and to raise up our voices and help FarSight over that hump and into what we all could agree on being the best looking virtual pinball out there.

Munky

Apr 28, 2013
Could it be a possibility to have the neon/menagerie ball colors be configurable? If they're going for realism, and the actual machine had different colors available, it would only make sense.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
FarSight already switches the color of the menagerie ball automatically to match the color of the neon. On the PS3 it changes everytime you load the table up new.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Beautiful shot! One day video pinball will look this good.

Anyway, I hope the PS3 receives some improvements from their work on the higher fidelity ports.
From what I've seen of the new Terminator 2 PS3 screens that might just be the case.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
FINALLY a TPA table with a realistic look to it!!

Please please please give the rest of the tables the same treatment, and please be able to pull this off on WiiU as well!

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
What is with these people who ask if they are going to have to buy everything again? When a new album came out in the 80s, I bought them. Then CDs came out. Where are my discounts I should have received? I purchased some same music on CD, second time buying it. No discount?

People be real. They said they are going to give PS3 owners a discount but they sure don't have to.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
What is with these people who ask if they are going to have to buy everything again? When a new album came out in the 80s, I bought them. Then CDs came out. Where are my discounts I should have received? I purchased some same music on CD, second time buying it. No discount?

People be real. They said they are going to give PS3 owners a discount but they sure don't have to.
Did you mean to post this in some other thread? Unless I'm missing something (quite possible - not feeling well today), I see a bunch of discussion on lighting, but nothing about pricing.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Did you mean to post this in some other thread? Unless I'm missing something (quite possible - not feeling well today), I see a bunch of discussion on lighting, but nothing about pricing.

Well no Sean, I see pricing discussion. The post right above you.:p

N

netizen

Very nice. What's going to happen with us loyal PS3 customers? Do we have to buy everything again? :p

you've given me a new signature quote, thx :D

Well no Sean, I see pricing discussion. The post right above you.:p

Meta

Or is it reading the thread?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.