PS4 Cirqus Voltaire Screenshot

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I do like the idea of being able to customize TPA tables. Flipper/rubber types/colours etc.

Modding the lighting via virtual bulbs would be awesome.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I was going to suggest mirror blades but that would no doubt have a very large performance hit.

Being able to swap out the chrome rails for black anodised versions might be cool on some machines though :)

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
Then I want to be able to swap out incandesent bulbs with LEDs :) with the option to put whatever color bulb wherever I choose. That would be cool or warm if you prefer :p

I brought something like this up for the lights awhile back and didn't seem to get much interest (maybe the way I explained it...), but I for one would love to be able to change the bulbs (or really it's just the color of them) to be able to 'color theme' the tables. And, as light bulbs are meant to be changed, I think there is a strong argument to be made that it would not constitute and aftermarket "mod" and not go against the "as it left the factory" stipulation in their license agreements with Bally/Williams, Gottlieb, Stern.

I'd pay $1 a table extra (for the one's I wanted to mess with) to be able to color theme them.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
I was going to suggest mirror blades but that would no doubt have a very large performance hit.

Being able to swap out the chrome rails for black anodised versions might be cool on some machines though :)

Love Mirror Blades, but they would definitely not be allowed by the licensing agreements FS had to sign.

blipsqueak

Jun 14, 2012
What is with these people who ask if they are going to have to buy everything again? When a new album came out in the 80s, I bought them. Then CDs came out. Where are my discounts I should have received? I purchased some same music on CD, second time buying it. No discount?

People be real. They said they are going to give PS3 owners a discount but they sure don't have to.

LOL, I like the analogy to the music thing, however, it's a little flawed. TPA has only been out for what, 1.5 years? And we've been buying stuff ever since... At least I have. I've bought all of the packs so far. Did you really buy a tape and then buy a CD a few months later? No. Stereos had tape decks and CD players for YEARS. Not that I'm getting rid of my PS3, but still.

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
I know the screenshot is a work in progress, and I cannot tell from the glow on the neon tube, but I hope they will include the "lightning bolt" art on both ends of the neon tube like it has on the real machine. Kudos to FarSight for putting the missing art on the center ramp into the PS4 version!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
LOL, I like the analogy to the music thing, however, it's a little flawed. TPA has only been out for what, 1.5 years? And we've been buying stuff ever since... At least I have. I've bought all of the packs so far. Did you really buy a tape and then buy a CD a few months later? No. Stereos had tape decks and CD players for YEARS. Not that I'm getting rid of my PS3, but still.

Ok let me step in here.

In the snes/genesis days. If you owned the snes version of earthworm jim and then a few months later bought the playstation and the playstation version of eartworm jim with new cd quality music and extra frames of animation...did you get a discount? No. Seperate system. Seperate product. Seperate purchase.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Are we still talking about this? *sigh*

I agree with superballs! This is going to warrant an additional purchase. I think FarSight mentioned...or maybe it was someone else, mention something about a discount for all those that purchased all the tables or so. I think that is more than fair. They could just charge full price for these tables and STILL be in the right.

blipsqueak

Jun 14, 2012
MUCH better analogy. And yes, I agree. That said. I will buy them all again either way (am I a sucker? maybe, but yes definitely for pinball). I just probably would have held off had I known they were doing PS4 right away! (who am I kidding, I would have bought them all anyway - maybe for Android though) And it seems like they could have done a nice PS4/Vita cross-buy which would have been ideal. I think the whole PSN "cross-buy" in general is what got me on track on that thinking. I felt like I was buying stuff for "PSN" since it went to both PS3 and Vita. Stupid PS4, ruining everything :p

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.