PS4 pricing and discount thread

mrtangerineman

May 7, 2013
Quote from farsight on live stream tonight at twitch.tv
"farsight_studios: Its not 100% official yet, but I believe for PS3/Vita season pass owners there is a 50% discount for season passes on PS4."

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Quote from farsight on live stream tonight at twitch.tv
"farsight_studios: Its not 100% official yet, but I believe for PS3/Vita season pass owners there is a 50% discount for season passes on PS4."

Oh, did they say that would apply to season two? What they've said elsewhere so far is that if you own at least four of the tables in season one on PS3/Vita, you get it half-off on the PS4--but they haven't said anything elsewhere about season two.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
If it turns out to be a season pass discount then I will be VERY pissed if they do not take into account people who bought every single season 1 table individually, as I already had most before season pack 1 existed.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
If it turns out to be a season pass discount then I will be VERY pissed if they do not take into account people who bought every single season 1 table individually, as I already had most before season pack 1 existed.

I think they would have to since in the US there wasn't a season 1 pack until after all the season 1 packs had been released.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
It will be, since they said it would apply to anyone who bought at least four season 1 tables on PS3/Vita.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
It looks impressive on the PS4. There was a demo of Cirqus Voltaire and it looked really good. Still not my favorite table but it looked really good. If ever I would get a PS4, It would be cool to get. But I already spent a good amount for all the packs on the PS3. Why would I want to buy the same tables on another system? That's what's pissing me off about the next gen consoles. You spend all this money on DLC and Digital games you can't transfer it to the next gen without paying for them again.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
It looks impressive on the PS4. There was a demo of Cirqus Voltaire and it looked really good. Still not my favorite table but it looked really good. If ever I would get a PS4, It would be cool to get. But I already spent a good amount for all the packs on the PS3. Why would I want to buy the same tables on another system? That's what's pissing me off about the next gen consoles. You spend all this money on DLC and Digital games you can't transfer it to the next gen without paying for them again.

But they are giving us a big discount and I wasn't expecting that. If Rockst*r decides that it will make GTA V for the PS4 I doubt that they will be giving it to the people that bought it for the PS3 for free. The world of gaming business just doesn't work like that.

If you don't think the improvements to the PS4 version tables are worth a second buy then when you get a PS4 just buy new tables for it.

Last edited:

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Charging an upgrade fee IS fair, as these are not simple ports. They have invested time and money into the new version of the game and HAVE to be paid for that work. There is no way to know how many NEW sales they will get, if they upgraded everyone for free they would likely never get that investment back.

I have to admit though, I thought it would be more like a 75% discount rather than 50%. If, as mentioned above, the discount applies to anyone who has more than four tables in a season pack, then I think that's a little unfair as it would seem they are penalising people who have EVERY table to benefit those who have not. Its also extremely cheeky to charge people again for the pro packs, then again I think the pro pack idea is pretty cheeky to begin with.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
%75 might be reasonable. %50 not so much. I've already invested $100 on the older tables. If the %50 discount still stands it's another $50 on top of that regardless of lighting etc the gameplay is still the same. I could pay $20 for this that would be ok. I will still pick up all the tables FarSight plans to put out anyway. They will still get my money for the new tables.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I think those that give TPA a shot on the PS4 will understand why it's worth buying the tables again - at least your favorites. The lighting and physics improvements along with zero flipper lag and adjustable lighting "moods" makes the PS4 version of TPA a must buy for me. Plus you get to play with a much improved controller. I truly found my 30 minutes with the tables back at the Chicago Pinball Expo to be a different and much improved experience over the PS3 version. Everyone that reads this forum and has a PS4 owes it to themselves to at least experience it for themselves and make up their own mind.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
That is actually most of the tables if you notice that several of those listed are entire Table Packs; this is a really cool announcement. When you factor in that Zen has given an actual release date, allowed the majority of your previous purchases from PS3/Vita to carry over, runs it at 1080p at 60 fps, stereoscopic 3D support (AWESOME!), and a new Dr. Strange table with hints at even more exciting things to come next year, I'd say this is about as awesome of an announcement as I can imagine. Well done, Zen!

I make it 21 out of 30 tables, well over half, but I bet everyone has a favourite table that is one of those missing 9 though, I know I do. For some reason I really like Tesla.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Ah, thanks for counting, I couldn't remember how many tables were in the various packs.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I think those that give TPA a shot on the PS4 will understand why it's worth buying the tables again - at least your favorites. The lighting and physics improvements along with zero flipper lag and adjustable lighting "moods" makes the PS4 version of TPA a must buy for me. Plus you get to play with a much improved controller. I truly found my 30 minutes with the tables back at the Chicago Pinball Expo to be a different and much improved experience over the PS3 version. Everyone that reads this forum and has a PS4 owes it to themselves to at least experience it for themselves and make up their own mind.

Even if they don't have a demo (I wonder if they will??), with the PS4 everyone will still be able to see as much as they want of it thanks to the streaming; even at streaming detail those visuals should stand out pretty well.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Zen has a discussion area on the forum, so please use it. All the pricing discussion related to Zen has been deleted from this thread. Keep discussion related to TPA pricing on PS4.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Zen has a discussion area on the forum, so please use it. All the pricing discussion related to Zen has been deleted from this thread. Keep discussion related to TPA pricing on PS4.

A warning FIRST would be nice, I spent 30 minutes revising that bloody post and now I have to start from scratch.

I understand why you wanted it moved (you might have noticed I even suggested we stop the discussion in here but other people insisted it was relevant), so just deleting it outright is pretty bad form.

Last edited:

MetalGear_Yoshi

Dec 7, 2013
It will be, since they said it would apply to anyone who bought at least four season 1 tables on PS3/Vita.

So just to confirm, I bought the standard game with the first four tables (Arabian Nights, ect), so will I be eligible to buy the full first season for half price or only the version I've already bought?

Cheers.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
So just to confirm, I bought the standard game with the first four tables (Arabian Nights, ect), so will I be eligible to buy the full first season for half price or only the version I've already bought?

Cheers.

I thought FarSight meant at least 4 table packs. Everyone playing on the PS3 would have to buy the title game with the first four tables so I doubt that's what they meant.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.