PS4 pricing and discount thread

MetalGear_Yoshi

Dec 7, 2013
I thought FarSight meant at least 4 table packs. Everyone playing on the PS3 would have to buy the title game with the first four tables so I doubt that's what they meant.
Ah, ok. So we'll have to wait and see what the full price is to see if it's cheaper to buy a couple of packs for ps3 to get half off the PS4 version or just pay full price.

Thanks for the reply.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
And how about the promised discount ??

Turns out it's been changed, apparently by Sony's demand (I suppose the likeliest explanation is that there were just too many combinations required to make a "any four of these x DLC items" discount as originally proposed): you must own *ALL* all Season One tables on PS3/Vita in order to qualify for the discount.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Turns out it's been changed, apparently by Sony's demand (I suppose the likeliest explanation is that there were just too many combinations required to make a "any four of these x DLC items" discount as originally proposed): you must own *ALL* all Season One tables on PS3/Vita in order to qualify for the discount.

Fantastic! I have every single table on PS3. So I'll qualify here for the discount. Hopefully it's like 20 bucks or less.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
That's a bummer. I got quite a few of them, but stopped at some point tired of the controller lag and was going to wait it out for the PS4 release. Oh well.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
PlayStation Blog says it will be a 50% discount on PS4 if full season was purchased on PS3. For PS+ members, there is a 10% discount right now, no previous purchases necessary.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I think it's an either, or amount, not both. It's this price if you have PS+, or this other price if you have all the season 1 tables.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
PlayStation Blog says it will be a 50% discount on PS4 if full season was purchased on PS3. For PS+ members, there is a 10% discount right now, no previous purchases necessary.

Well, I've bought EVERY table on the PS3, and it's not showing the discount for me. Just the PS+ discount. Still shows as $26.99.
Maybe I need to do this directly from the PS4 instead of the website?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Well, I've bought EVERY table on the PS3, and it's not showing the discount for me. Just the PS+ discount. Still shows as $26.99.
Maybe I need to do this directly from the PS4 instead of the website?

First, make sure you're actually looking at the discount bundle, not the regular bundle--they are separate listings in the store, yes it is confusing!

Second, if the discounted bundle does say "unavailble," select it, and on its page there should be a link on the right that says "tell me more," and this will bring up a list showing you what you'd need to purchase in order to qualify for the discounted version.

Dec 7, 2013
But they are giving us a big discount and I wasn't expecting that. If Rockst*r decides that it will make GTA V for the PS4 I doubt that they will be giving it to the people that bought it for the PS3 for free. The world of gaming business just doesn't work like that.

If you don't think the improvements to the PS4 version tables are worth a second buy then when you get a PS4 just buy new tables for it.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I'm getting really sick of the complaining.

If it were free you could expect something shoddy like Zen where the only upgrade is 1080 P.

And I mean who fusses over. 15-30$ anyway? Are you unemployed or on a serious budget? Sheesh. 21 tables that would cost oh idk 100,000$ to actually own, for half the cost of a retail video game? And people still complain. Seriously I'm like ashamed for some of this community. You know Farsight has employees to pay. Sheesh.

I blame android/iOS for all the whining. People get shovelware garbage that's free or 1$, and it carries over to their barely improved phone they buy every year, with no graphics improvements, and now they expect the same out of hardware 7 years more advanced with heavy graphical enhancements... You know Farsight didn't wave a magic wand to get the graphics that good, it takes man hours and work and an expensive dev kit and resources... Yet people want it for free lmao. Shameful.

Last edited:

lqdsky

Aug 11, 2012
I'm having the same issue with no discount. It's saying that I do not own Monster Bash/Gorgar & Creature/Black Knight.
I do own these, so there is a screw up on Sony's side. I never had to contact Sony for anything. Does anyone know the proper
way I would get this resolved?

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
I was able to get the discount just fine.

In the PSN store there are 2 of the season pack 1 listings to pick from.
One that says "Season Pack 1"
And another "Season Pack 1 (discounted)" <-- pick this one

lqdsky

Aug 11, 2012
For myself, the issue of it psn saying that I do not own two of the table packs was from the discounted season 1 pack. I had bought the table packs individually. I'll contact Sony to sort it out.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
First, make sure you're actually looking at the discount bundle, not the regular bundle--they are separate listings in the store, yes it is confusing!

Second, if the discounted bundle does say "unavailble," select it, and on its page there should be a link on the right that says "tell me more," and this will bring up a list showing you what you'd need to purchase in order to qualify for the discounted version.
I see that, but NOW I can't get signed back in!! Frustrating.

frankiedf

Feb 6, 2013
So, Bobby King with Farsight said this on the pinball arcade post on the us playstation blog yesterday.

"Players who own all of the Season One tables can buy either of the Season One Packs for half price! "

Yet today, this turned out to be false. You need to own 4 of the pro upgrades for season one, scared stiff, star trek, attack from mars, and medieval madness, in order to get the pro season one table pass.

What gives?

Urbanshenkie

Sep 7, 2012
But they are giving us a big discount and I wasn't expecting that. If Rockst*r decides that it will make GTA V for the PS4 I doubt that they will be giving it to the people that bought it for the PS3 for free. The world of gaming business just doesn't work like that.

If you don't think the improvements to the PS4 version tables are worth a second buy then when you get a PS4 just buy new tables for it.

bf4 cod assassins and injustice all you could upgrade for 9,99 , so hell cheaper then 50%

Urbanshenkie

Sep 7, 2012
Took the words right out of my mouth.

I'm getting really sick of the complaining.

If it were free you could expect something shoddy like Zen where the only upgrade is 1080 P.

And I mean who fusses over. 15-30$ anyway? Are you unemployed or on a serious budget? Sheesh. 21 tables that would cost oh idk 100,000$ to actually own, for half the cost of a retail video game? And people still complain. Seriously I'm like ashamed for some of this community. You know Farsight has employees to pay. Sheesh.

I blame android/iOS for all the whining. People get shovelware garbage that's free or 1$, and it carries over to their barely improved phone they buy every year, with no graphics improvements, and now they expect the same out of hardware 7 years more advanced with heavy graphical enhancements... You know Farsight didn't wave a magic wand to get the graphics that good, it takes man hours and work and an expensive dev kit and resources... Yet people want it for free lmao. Shameful.

some of us have all the tables with pro on all platforms payed with euro's , do you ? wasted money on the xbox360 version ? and mutch problems in the begining with the ps3 versions. so ?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.