PS4 pricing and discount thread

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
So, Bobby King with Farsight said this on the pinball arcade post on the us playstation blog yesterday.

"Players who own all of the Season One tables can buy either of the Season One Packs for half price! "

Yet today, this turned out to be false. You need to own 4 of the pro upgrades for season one, scared stiff, star trek, attack from mars, and medieval madness, in order to get the pro season one table pass.

What gives?

I think you need to own them all, actually, except TOTAN Pro which comes free on PS4. For Pro it's consistent with regular's "need to own them all" approach, I think he just expressed it too imprecisely in the blog--this is kind of a common problem with them.

frankiedf

Feb 6, 2013
That's putting it lightly, he was completely off the mark. It seems more like he had no idea and his confusion wound up misleading people.

Proofreading and apologies, does a lot of good for a company.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
If you stick around for a little while you'll find that clear communication is definitely not their strong suit. ; ) Neither is hitting deadlines or producing bug-free products. You either learn to laugh at it or GO MAAAAD~~

frankiedf

Feb 6, 2013
If you stick around for a little while you'll find that clear communication is definitely not their strong suit. ; ) Neither is hitting deadlines or producing bug-free products. You either learn to laugh at it or GO MAAAAD~~

I've been following the game since it launched on ps3, I am quite aware.

In this case though, it looks like this wasn't miscommunication.

I spoke with farsight. It seems that the discount IS supposed to work the way I thought it would, the way it was outlined in the blog post, and they are going to try and fix this with sony.

Good communication there on farsight's part.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Where are you guys seeing the PS+ discount at?
Mine is just showing at regular price for both the standard and pro-packs.

joeblow

Feb 26, 2013
Search the PSN store for "Pinball arcade season" to see all your pack options easily. If you own all of the packs of Season 1 on the PS3/Vita, then you can buy the PS4 discounted pack for $15 (or $18 if you own all the Pro versions too). If you are missing even one S1 pack, you can see that discounted option but can't buy it, and must purchase the regular versions instead (which have a 10% PS+ discount).

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I've been following the game since it launched on ps3, I am quite aware.

In this case though, it looks like this wasn't miscommunication.

I spoke with farsight. It seems that the discount IS supposed to work the way I thought it would, the way it was outlined in the blog post, and they are going to try and fix this with sony.

Good communication there on farsight's part.

Ah well that's good. Looks like I wasted some money buying up my missing Pro packs--then again I've already waited a month (supposedly due to FS and Sony ironing *out* the discount stuff!!) and didn't much feel like waiting longer. ; )

EDIT: They have now mentioned this in a reply on Facebook, saying "Pro is supposed to be discounted as well. There is something wrong on their end." Meaning Sony. And right below that, they follow up with: "Do you guys own season 1 basic? If so, are you not able to find the discounted season 1 Pro on PS4?"

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I do like that they made the base game, even with just one table, free to play, and free playable previews of the other tables. They were really lacking a demo on the PS3.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I have PS3 season one and season two pro packs. All tables pro for PS3. Why was I locked out from receiving a discount on the season one pro pack? All I could purchase for a discount was season one for $14.99. Be nice if I was given the choice to buy the pro pack for $5 more.
And then there is TZ and STTNG. Shouldn't I get those for free? Pro versions with balls included? For $100 kickstarters?
Happen to anybody else? I mean I am not surprised at all. Typical really. Business as usual.
Who do I email now?

Love their games, hate the business side of them.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Search the PSN store for "Pinball arcade season" to see all your pack options easily. If you own all of the packs of Season 1 on the PS3/Vita, then you can buy the PS4 discounted pack for $15 (or $18 if you own all the Pro versions too). If you are missing even one S1 pack, you can see that discounted option but can't buy it, and must purchase the regular versions instead (which have a 10% PS+ discount).

It's the PS+ discount that doesn't seem to show for me anywhere.
It shows the standard pack for $29.99 and the Pro pack for $39.99. No discount for either listed. If I go to check out it still shows them for full rate.
Weird.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I have PS3 season one and season two pro packs. All tables pro for PS3. Why was I locked out from receiving a discount on the season one pro pack? All I could purchase for a discount was season one for $14.99. Be nice if I was given the choice to buy the pro pack for $5 more.
And then there is TZ and STTNG. Shouldn't I get those for free? Pro versions with balls included? For $100 kickstarters?
Happen to anybody else? I mean I am not surprised at all. Typical really. Business as usual.
Who do I email now?

Love their games, hate the business side of them.

If the Pro Discount version says "Unavailable," click the "tell me more" link on its page to see why it thinks you don't qualify. (Currently it is set up to require you to have all the Season One Pro packs on PS3/Vita, which FarSight say is incorrect and something wrong on Sony's side--but it sounds like that shouldn't be your issue anyway.)

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
It's the PS+ discount that doesn't seem to show for me anywhere.
It shows the standard pack for $29.99 and the Pro pack for $39.99. No discount for either listed. If I go to check out it still shows them for full rate.
Weird.

On Facebook, people are saying the PS+ discount suddenly stopped working. One guy even says he contacted Sony about it and they said "to come back another day as the store probably isn't working correctly" (his paraphrasing, I think).

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
If the Pro Discount version says "Unavailable," click the "tell me more" link on its page to see why it thinks you don't qualify. (Currently it is set up to require you to have all the Season One Pro packs on PS3/Vita, which FarSight say is incorrect and something wrong on Sony's side--but it sounds like that shouldn't be your issue anyway.)

For me it said I didn't own Attack from Mars Pro and bride of pin bot pro. I own all pro tables for season one and two. I wasn't waiting. I needed the game NOW!

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
For me it said I didn't own Attack from Mars Pro and bride of pin bot pro. I own all pro tables for season one and two.

That's interesting. Does the PS3 PSN store show that you've purchased those two pro packs/upgrades?

I expect a patch or fix or give everyone free pro for season one.

Once money starts growing on trees around their offices, maybe...

Urbanshenkie

Sep 7, 2012
The discount doesnt work when i click more info he says that i did not buy the season 1 pack or season 1 pack pro
yeh duh . so even if you own all the pro tabels the discount links doesnt work..

the discount doesnt work for people that bought everything separately "what a shame"
And i played tales of the arabian nights for min or 2 and absolute no input lag

back to the laggie 150 euro ps3 version then.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
If the PSN store does not work correctly, that's on Sony. FarSight has no control over how PSN is interpreting your purchases. Please direct your ire appropriately.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
If the PSN store does not work correctly, that's on Sony. FarSight has no control over how PSN is interpreting your purchases. Please direct your ire appropriately.

That's cool. But FS should really get things like that verified before they make an announcement. Makes sure you can run the sale the way they want to. Would save them some headaches later. Or just say that there will be some sort of discount offered, but you will have to wait til release to see what it will be.

Urbanshenkie

Sep 7, 2012
Zen pinball 2 was delayes a week in US that a company with real balls. its time for fairsight to make things right , especialy for people that bought all there laggy & buggy ps3 tabels and or xbox360 disaster projects.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts