[REPORT] Bug Reporting / Issues

Joey2001

Dec 27, 2015
Hm, my problem is solved, but I don't know why.:confused:
After PBA is always crashing, I download FCM manually. That doesn't help.
Then I go back to an older ini-file and after starting FCM it will update the program again.:confused:
After that everything is OK and there are no crashes.
Thanks for your answers.;)

Florette883

Feb 20, 2016
Hey everybody,

sorry for my late answer. I was a little bit busy for some weeks. This Weekend i reserved for TPA. But..... my game exe crashes every time i select a table. Did everything you wrote above. Nothing helps.

So Robert to your question: Stuttering is my smallest Problem today but i recognise it is in connection with the steam updates. One day, no stuttering..... then a update and stuttering is back. Next update it is gone ????

So one question to NoEx.
First thanks for that amazing MOD, i love it. (I have sent you some Money for beer a few weeks ago ;) )
My biggest problme ist, that i use TPA one day and some days later somthing is updated and game crashes.
My thinking is to completely disconnect the PC from the Internet.
Installing TPA, run steam offline use MOD offline.
If there are new tables out, i only will update if you say it will run.
But....to run the MOD exe i need to be connected to get latest mod Version.
Can you Programm the Mod exe to update one time and than save the actual Version so i can disconnect and start the whole cabinet offline?

Did anybody think with me? I will bring TPA and MOD in care to use it anytime with no fear to look on a black screen on holy Weekend ;)

THX and best regards Flo - Sorry about my bad englisch

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Hello Florette883, first of all, thanks a lot for the donation, I could buy a lot of beers! :)

It's already possible to use the mod offline and save the actual working version, just run it once with an internet connection and double-click the traybar icon, an offline file (OfflineData.m0d) will be created, then copy the whole mod folder with this file to your cab, run it offline and it should work.

curtis

Aug 30, 2015
I, too, was experiencing the "crash when selecting a table". I tried some of the suggestions as mentioned by others. I even tried re-downloading the mod. But with no luck. On a whim, I edited the original setttings.ini file and replaced my current one (which had been working fine for weeks). Upon starting the mod, it "downloaded" a new version and now everything works again. I'm glad it works, yet find it odd that a new settings.ini file (with the same information/values) was the 'fix'.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
I, too, was experiencing the "crash when selecting a table". I tried some of the suggestions as mentioned by others. I even tried re-downloading the mod. But with no luck. On a whim, I edited the original setttings.ini file and replaced my current one (which had been working fine for weeks). Upon starting the mod, it "downloaded" a new version and now everything works again. I'm glad it works, yet find it odd that a new settings.ini file (with the same information/values) was the 'fix'.

I am crashing too. will try this.

Edit: had to try three times until it worked again. weird.

Last edited:

Florette883

Feb 20, 2016
[MENTION=5267]NoEx[/MENTION]. Thx , so i can use it offline. Yeahhhhh
[MENTION=4070]mpad[/MENTION], download FCM manually. Then I go back to an older ini-file and after starting FCM it will update the program again. I tryed that and problem is fixed.

@all. Are there any advatages of using win10. I use currently win 7 but thinking to update to win10. But i wont to ask you before.

Best Flo

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Just wondering if its me doing something wrong again...just ran the Mod...it auto updates...I restart the computer...start the mod...game loads...I select the table required...game crashes! It did this last time after the mod updated, but the problem was fixed when I altered something in steam. Not sure why its crashing this time...just wondered if its just me or theres something amiss. Thought it worth a mention just in case... I haven't sussed out getting it to work yet...but I'll keep trying.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
[MENTION=5267]NoEx[/MENTION] (or anyone with more clue than I have ;) )

Hi Noex...not sure if Ive done something wrong...but since the mod has had the ability to update itself, Ive been having problems running it successfully. It happened last month but after verifying something on Steam, everything worked again. Ive just had the same problems now and I've verified some files agin on Steam but that didn't make any difference. I also redownloaded the mod and used the new ini setting file (after making the relevant changes) but still the same issue. Basically, everything loads up fine, but as soon as a table is selected, or I go to view the leaderboards...it crashes. A message pops up telling me that something has stopped the mod from working, or words to that affect. Not sure if you have any idea what could be causing this...but happy to try any suggestions if you have any. Cheers Noex.

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
It's crashing because you probably don't have the latest build of the mod, try to redownload it again: open settings.ini file and delete the last line "CurrentVersion=X.XX", then restart the mod.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
It's crashing because you probably don't have the latest build of the mod, try to redownload it again: open settings.ini file and delete the last line "CurrentVersion=X.XX", then restart the mod.

Hi noex..the mod is running as the current version. Steam is up to date and the mod is 1.61. I have tried TPA without the mod and it runs fine. However, as soon as I run the mod TPA will load up and I can access various menus...but as soon as I start a game or try and check leaderboards etc, TPA crashes.

I've also tried running the mod offline to compare but I get the same results.

The machine has a dedicated computer that isn't used for anything else and was working with 1.60, although this same crashing did occur until it was recommended I verify the games in steam settings. However, I tried verifying this time but no such luck :(

I'll keep trying to see if I can find a problem, though computers aren't my thing. It would be interesting to know if this is just me, or wether anyone has experienced similar issues.

If you can think of anything to try...i will try it :)

Cheers Noex

Edit...Is there a way of pulling up an error log of some kind that could show the issues etc?

Last edited:

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Hi noex..the mod is running as the current version. Steam is up to date and the mod is 1.61. I have tried TPA without the mod and it runs fine. However, as soon as I run the mod TPA will load up and I can access various menus...but as soon as I start a game or try and check leaderboards etc, TPA crashes.

I've also tried running the mod offline to compare but I get the same results.

The machine has a dedicated computer that isn't used for anything else and was working with 1.60, although this same crashing did occur until it was recommended I verify the games in steam settings. However, I tried verifying this time but no such luck :(

I'll keep trying to see if I can find a problem, though computers aren't my thing. It would be interesting to know if this is just me, or wether anyone has experienced similar issues.

If you can think of anything to try...i will try it :)

Cheers Noex

Edit...Is there a way of pulling up an error log of some kind that could show the issues etc?

Have you at least tried what I said in my last post?

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Have you at least tried what I said in my last post?

Think so...I deleted the mod exe that I had already and then I went to download the mod from the site. It didn't say 1.61 if I remember rightly...but when I installed it it then update...after removing the line saying current version...which was 1.61 as it had already update prior. So I think I've done everything you mentioned...deleted the version I had...downloaded the new one...deleted the Ini file line saying current version xxx...ran the mod...excepted the update...TPA loaded...game selected...game crashed.

its certainly got me this time...ive no idea what's happening. Just wonder if anyone else has any issues or not. I'll keep trying things and perhaps wait to see if this is an isolated issue or not...just in case I mess about with too many settings :)

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
** Input Controls not working for me in NoEx Free Camera Mod **

I'm stumped ... :confused: ... Friday night my PC experienced the Windows 10 black screen of death (a whole different story for a different thread). Long story short I had to do a fresh reinstall of Windows 10. Windows 10 is now freshly installed. I re-downloaded Steam and got Pinball Arcade up and running just fine. I had a backup of my Free Camera Mod folder intact with all my backglass, Camera setups, freemod exe, and setup.ini. I executed the freemod exe file and it did its auto update and started up just fine ... But ... (and that's a big but) with Free Camera Mod running, it does not recognize any input controls. Only thing that works is I can move the mouse cursor around, but mouse buttons do nothing. Keyboard does nothing. Only thing on keyboard that works is ctrl+alt+del ... at that point I can only choose log off to get out. Task manager will not appear on top of Free Camera Mod. Like I said, mouse and keyboard are working fine in TPA without Mod running.

I have tried installing a fresh install of Free Camera Mod to a different folder and tried running it from there, but still same issue.

Has anyone else seen anything like this yet?

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Think so...I deleted the mod exe that I had already and then I went to download the mod from the site. It didn't say 1.61 if I remember rightly...but when I installed it it then update...after removing the line saying current version...which was 1.61 as it had already update prior. So I think I've done everything you mentioned...deleted the version I had...downloaded the new one...deleted the Ini file line saying current version xxx...ran the mod...excepted the update...TPA loaded...game selected...game crashed.

its certainly got me this time...ive no idea what's happening. Just wonder if anyone else has any issues or not. I'll keep trying things and perhaps wait to see if this is an isolated issue or not...just in case I mess about with too many settings :)

It's crashing because you don't have the latest version of the mod, simple as that; don't be fooled by the mod version (1.61), it will always display v1.61 even if the exe is not up to date because it's retrieving the version number from my server. The auto-updating feature is probably an issue in your case and re-downloading the mod won't fix it, the only thing you can do to get the last version is deleting the version line in Settings.ini then restart the mod. If the auto-updating window shows up but the game is still crashing there is probably something on your comp blocking the mod's update, check your AV, firewall, etc.

** Input Controls not working for me in NoEx Free Camera Mod **

I'm stumped ... :confused: ... Friday night my PC experienced the Windows 10 black screen of death (a whole different story for a different thread). Long story short I had to do a fresh reinstall of Windows 10. Windows 10 is now freshly installed. I re-downloaded Steam and got Pinball Arcade up and running just fine. I had a backup of my Free Camera Mod folder intact with all my backglass, Camera setups, freemod exe, and setup.ini. I executed the freemod exe file and it did its auto update and started up just fine ... But ... (and that's a big but) with Free Camera Mod running, it does not recognize any input controls. Only thing that works is I can move the mouse cursor around, but mouse buttons do nothing. Keyboard does nothing. Only thing on keyboard that works is ctrl+alt+del ... at that point I can only choose log off to get out. Task manager will not appear on top of Free Camera Mod. Like I said, mouse and keyboard are working fine in TPA without Mod running.

I have tried installing a fresh install of Free Camera Mod to a different folder and tried running it from there, but still same issue.

Has anyone else seen anything like this yet?

Start the game with admin rights.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
It's crashing because you don't have the latest version of the mod, simple as that; don't be fooled by the mod version (1.61), it will always display v1.61 even if the exe is not up to date because it's retrieving the version number from my server. The auto-updating feature is probably an issue in your case and re-downloading the mod won't fix it, the only thing you can do to get the last version is deleting the version line in Settings.ini then restart the mod. If the auto-updating window shows up but the game is still crashing there is probably something on your comp blocking the mod's update, check your AV, firewall, etc.

I'll hopefully get chance later to try everything out...if I'm still having no luck I'll double check the firewall etc. Failing all that...I shall record what I'm doing and perhaps it may show me doing something wrong. I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right...but also I also accept that human error can play a big part in my case. Ha ha. :) Cheers Noex.

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014

So for me ... I was starting the Mod with admin rights (right-click, run as administrator), but it still was not working. Then, I also went into the Pinball Arcade folder inside steam and went to the properties of the DX11 exe and set it to run as administrator as well. After that, input now works in the Mod, but the Mod crashes when I go to choose a table ... same as L33. This crash also happened to me last month after the mod updated, but I just kept fiddling around with it and it started working again. I'll play around with it later and if anything I do specifically makes it work, I'll post it.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
So for me ... I was starting the Mod with admin rights (right-click, run as administrator), but it still was not working. Then, I also went into the Pinball Arcade folder inside steam and went to the properties of the DX11 exe and set it to run as administrator as well. After that, input now works in the Mod, but the Mod crashes when I go to choose a table ... same as L33. This crash also happened to me last month after the mod updated, but I just kept fiddling around with it and it started working again. I'll play around with it later and if anything I do specifically makes it work, I'll post it.

Ive just re downloaded the mod and new files etc. As far as I can gather Ive downloaded and updated everything correctly. Still crashes when opening up a table. I've pretty much exhausted all my computer knowledge...if you manage to suss it out it'd be great to know what you did.

Ive only had these issues since the auto update function...not sure if that has anything to do with the crashes etc. Looks like Itll be a week of Zen this week :) Hopefully itll be something simple causing the issue...if I'm not the only one experiencing the problem, that may help in finding the issue perhaps.

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
The crash I'm experiencing when trying to choose table while in Free Camera Mod appears to be the same exact crash that is going on with Fireball and El Dorado outside of the Mod. Same crash ... after you select table, it freezes up for a moment and then crashes. I'm wondering if when TPA updates with a fix for El Dorado and Fireball (which will probably happen today), that it in turn fixes the weird Free Camera Mod crash as well. Maybe something glitchy with the actual PinballArcadeDX11.exe itself ...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.