Round 2 Audio Interview: Post Your Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Any comments about losing a certain segment of customers because of TPA's ridiculously easy difficulty settings? Any plans to do something about it on the PS4?

While i agree table difficulty varies per tabke at times very inaccurately i believe the kast few months are finding a lovel balance

And essy? I trust youve sampled tng?

Lol

Couldmyoumgive an example?

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
Any comments about losing a certain segment of customers because of TPA's ridiculously easy difficulty settings? Any plans to do something about it on the PS4?

definitely bring up the issues people have with the difficulty but losing customers? don't wanna piss on booby's corn flakes.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
What is the outllook like for other em machines that arent releases, mostly focusing on 70-89s bally and gottlieb, i want it all lol

Weren't the last EM machines released in 1979? I didn't think any came out in the 80's.

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
I've supported FS all I could in the past, bought 4 copies of PHOF Williams and recommended it left and right. But since I've realized that the end product is not what they tell you ("We want our videogame version to play exactly the same as the table played when it was new" as stated in their Kickstarter) I'm not buying anymore. That's one lost customer, and I bet there are more out there. I will however return and buy again as soon as they stop wussifying the tables for the modern lazy gamer. So I think my question is fair. Of course, if this is to sensitive an issue, forget about it.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
I've supported FS all I could in the past, bought 4 copies of PHOF Williams and recommended it left and right. But since I've realized that the end product is not what they tell you ("We want our videogame version to play exactly the same as the table played when it was new" as stated in their Kickstarter) I'm not buying anymore. That's one lost customer, and I bet there are more out there. I will however return and buy again as soon as they stop wussifying the tables for the modern lazy gamer. So I think my question is fair. Of course, if this is to sensitive an issue, forget about it.

I agree with you regarding their cognitive dissonance when it comes to mission statement and execution.

karl

May 10, 2012
Man. I wish each poster was restricted to one post in these interview threads. (including me of course) Things are getting out of hand a bit lately.

Poor Jeff has to sort trough the debate to find the good questions. Voting starts after ;-)

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Man. I wish each poster was restricted to one post in these interview threads. (including me of course) Things are getting out of hand a bit lately.

Poor Jeff has to sort trough the debate to find the good questions. Voting starts after ;-)

Maybe we should make a rule that our official question is in blue text or something.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012

Well... from OP

ONLY RULE: Please limit yourself to posting 1 question per round, as this will make it more fair to everyone, and easier for me to select the questions.

karl

May 10, 2012
I was thinking more about what we are doing now. Anything but asking questions :)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Any chance for a higher resolution option for android?

Ryan already has the high res models in place, but the tests he had done on the hardware Farsight owns indicates that most Android devices will suffer from performance issues from the high poly counts.

I would like to see a beta build with this feature enabled so Ryan could gather more performance data to aid him in optimizing the code for high res table models.

Case in point was the decision to remove the curly wires from Dr Dude to get performance back for older devices.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Of course you are correct, we all prefer waiting a month or so for an audio interview with pre selected questions.......

Well, as you know, this isn't the only source of communication from Farsght. I agree the communication could always be better, but really they provide just about the same as most developers (facebook/twitter announcements and a newsletter), plus Mike and Ryan are good communicators here on the forum. This interview is just extra, and is it a bad thing that the questions are "pre selected"? I could just come up with the questions myself, but I think it's cool that this is a community effort.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

Thanks Karl :) Maybe next time I should add a new rule for that.

silverjaguar7

Sep 26, 2012
Ryan already has the high res models in place, but the tests he had done on the hardware Farsight owns indicates that most Android devices will suffer from performance issues from the high poly counts.

I would like to see a beta build with this feature enabled so Ryan could gather more performance data to aid him in optimizing the code for high res table models.

Case in point was the decision to remove the curly wires from Dr Dude to get performance back for older devices.

This definitely needs to be an option, I don't think that us players with higher quality devices should suffer or get lower resolution options than iOS devices just because some players have low end siht phones.

Last edited:

skykid3k

Dec 21, 2012
Question now that in the last interview Bobby said Tee'd Off was a go now that ROM Emulation for the Gottlieb Tables is possible, are they any plans of bringing say Haunted House to The Pinball Arcade?

And could we see ROM Emulation for Black Hole implemented in the future?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Last edited:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
If I remember correctly, farsight wanted to offer trials on PSN but Sony doesnt allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts