Round 2 Audio Interview: Post Your Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
There are plenty of trials of PSN games but no trials of DLC that I've seen.

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
Is there any chance of seeing a Stern Electronics table in TPA before the end of 2013? I'd love to see either Catacomb or Nine Ball, but Lightning, Quicksilver and Seawitch all look like they'd be great fun, as well.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
There are plenty of trials of PSN games but no trials of DLC that I've seen.

Well, Zen has trials. You basically download the entire table for the demo, but then it times out. When you actually purchase the game, it is an unlock code that is ridiculously small in size (talking kb). So it is possible with DLC.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'd really love to see the Vita problem with it not being optimized for that platform in the least be addressed, but that's not my question!

Mine is silly, but annoying all the same. Is there a reason for the chimes while entering in our initials, cuz I'd love to see 'em removed.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Early Pinball Arcade tables had fully transparent ramps, such as Arabian Nights, Funhouse, and others. A recent trend has been to "fill in" these ramps, making them opaque instead of transparent. This is a minor annoyance on tables like Cactus Canyon, but on tables like No Good Gofers, it interferes with gameplay. The real table has see-through ramps so that the player can see what he/she is looking at. Gofers, too me, is nearly unplayable for this reason.

Can you please stop this trend and patch Gofers with correct, transparent ramps like the real machine has? We've heard the excuse that its hardware related, but that simply does not hold water when launch tables like Arabian Njghts have huge, completely transparent ramps even on mobile...

night

May 18, 2012
Early Pinball Arcade tables had fully transparent ramps, such as Arabian Nights, Funhouse, and others. A recent trend has been to "fill in" these ramps, making them opaque instead of transparent. This is a minor annoyance on tables like Cactus Canyon, but on tables like No Good Gofers, it interferes with gameplay. The real table has see-through ramps so that the player can see what he/she is looking at. Gofers, too me, is nearly unplayable for this reason.

Can you please stop this trend and patch Gofers with correct, transparent ramps like the real machine has? We've heard the excuse that its hardware related, but that simply does not hold water when launch tables like Arabian Njghts have huge, completely transparent ramps even on mobile...

+1

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
my question.

What is being done about high score hacking? I don't mean removing the high scores manually, I mean how to protect the leaderboards with safeguards and code changes.

It's one thing someone posting an obviously impossible hacked high score, but when people are posting a hacked high score that is only a few points higher than a legit one this is impossible to police manually

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
My question, Does Raul Julia's estate REALLY prohibit his likeness being used or is that just a white elephant?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
My question, Does Raul Julia's estate REALLY prohibit his likeness being used or is that just a white elephant?

I'll answer that one for you...

FarSight can't even get Julia's estate into a conversation to find out. Then honestly have no idea how much money the license fee would be due to not being able to get in touch with a few parties involved (my guess is also the Addams estate).

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm going to open this up again. I think we could use a few more good questions (when I initially closed it, I thought we had more than we actually do). I'm also going to make an exception to the only rule and say that even if you've already posted a question, feel free to post another. I want to make sure we have the best possible questions.

The interview will probably be next week...

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Would you consider using the vibration motor in mobile devices for future tables that feature a shaker motor?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Will the mobile platforms (Android in particular) ever have a 'nudge up' option added?
If not, why not?

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
My question is
FarSight, can Grashopper have one of your leftover pinball machines?

I'm sure they need room for more and I will offer my pinball machine storage services free of charge ;)

Anyway would multi controller support be added on consoles at any point. Bit annoying passing one around the room.

Edit: another if you don't mind
If you don't want two this is my priority

In patch 2.05 on the PS3 the plungers were weakened across all the tables. What was the reason and is there anyway it can be returned to pre-patch levels ... or even more powerful? The new strength really kills Taxi and makes Scared Stiff far too easy to hit a skillshot.

Last edited:

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
My question is
FarSight, can Grashopper have one of your leftover pinball machines?

I'm sure they need room for more and I will offer my pinball machine storage services free of charge ;)

Good one.

For the PC Version with cabinet support, have you guys considered a "head-tracking" option like we have seen in Future-Pinball's better-arcade-mode mod.

That would be really cool.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Simply because we've been doing it in the chat room...

Is FarSight any closer to adding online play, and what might we expect of it? This is beyond tournament and challenge mode, but head to head and match play.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
PC: How long do you think will it take for you to implement all these features on Steam (for instance: the Shift-Tab combo while in-game) before launching?

Can't wait for the game to come out! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts