ST:TNG Kickstarter is (now complete)!

LocustGod

Aug 10, 2012
Metalzoic, That is exactly the same boat I'm in right now. I'm on the 360 having to deal with bugs, ridiculous delay dates and a product UI / leaderboard that is under-whelming compared to other pinball titles. Also, while I helped fund TZ, with the way things are going, I expect it to be delayed to 2013. Just like ST:NG might end up being.

Plus, another kickstarter? Seriously? Not commercially viable? C'mon...

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Well it takes so it seems around six months to break down and design each vpin, look farsight wanted to give us more popular tables that were out of the companys current budget....in the end i reckon most of us are both pinball n tng fans if not you still get a great table....still hoping its an xmas present but if needs be my bdays early heh. Its a long road to pinball nirvana:p ott but TNG+pinball=*drool*

Last edited:

Zyo75

Jul 28, 2012
I'm a little bit sad for MB multiball bug, i live in italy so the dlc for Vita are still remote dreams...BUT 15 minutes ago i woke up, read the email and i'm a backer again. Simply another 40 bucks but for me it' s still a good bargain because i enjoy every table a lot more than a lot of other 70 dollars console games. I want to give my little support even if i was disappointed by bugs, delays and so on, because still i think that **** happens,errors could be made but the project is wonderful and these guys, also with their presence on this forum, are showing to care a lot. I play from the age of 6 (now 36) and it was a lot of time that i don't fall in love so deep with a game so i hope the best for FarSight and TPA and i always be a backer
P.S. Sorry for the bad english ;)

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
To those who demand a base product that is polished before they ask for "handouts" I have 3 remarks:

1) most companies work with investors to fund their projects, then sell their product so they can pay them back through profits. They dont save up their previous profits (if any, we are talking digital pinball for the last 10 years here) to invest in future ones. In this case very few investors are likely willing to invest in virtual pinball, so they come to the customers to ask for investing. In return you get a service, upgrade or perk (or its just a kind of preorder).

2)They obviously are working on a tight budget here. The best way to ensure the base game is as polished as it is, is by making sure they get tables that will *sell* like sttng.

3)They have had outstanding agreements on the licenses with CBS (rightsholders to TZ and STTNG) for a while, those deals have an expiration date after which those deals might be more expensive, especially if someting like TZ sells like hotcakes. So they probably wanted to act on it now.

I can understand your sentiments, and its your choice to invest or not, but the best way to fix the currently flawed product is it receives constant income, preferably from high profile tables.

BlindSpider11

Jun 26, 2012
Metalzoic, That is exactly the same boat I'm in right now. I'm on the 360 having to deal with bugs, ridiculous delay dates and a product UI / leaderboard that is under-whelming compared to other pinball titles. Also, while I helped fund TZ, with the way things are going, I expect it to be delayed to 2013. Just like ST:NG might end up being.

Plus, another kickstarter? Seriously? Not commercially viable? C'mon...

You knew another one was coming... it was announced while TZ was still in progress, don't act suprised.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
"Can people from outside the US pledge to projects?

Yes! Anyone, anywhere (with a major credit card) can pledge to Kickstarter projects."

A lot europeans don't have a major credit card.

the ajp

Jun 17, 2012
Let the haters hate and the rest of us just pledge the money for a great table ...... Done my bit again .. look forward to seeing the results :)

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
While browsing Kickstarter I came across something rather crazy:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/akaworf/through-the-fire-life-after-star-trek?ref=live

Look at the $5,000 level. Someone got one heck of a deal (assuming the movie is fully funded, of course).
that is a steal indeed. But more importantly...Michael Dorn is into pinball? That opens some possibilities for crosspromotion...although tpa seems to be going better (relatively) than his kickstarter...

LocustGod

Aug 10, 2012
You knew another one was coming... it was announced while TZ was still in progress, don't act suprised.

I'm not surprised, just annoyed it's this soon.

edit: I'd be inclined to donate had Farsight offered up more transparency within their business. For all the platforms they're on, to say something is not commercially viable, should be backed up with proof.

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Way i see it WE are the ones who wanted more popular themes. Fs are covering all dev costs etc for me its an easy choice to make. Loving the fact micheal dorn seems to be a pinball fan, im not even that surprised.

For a small donation were getting a table that wouldnt be possible otherwise, and its TNG! Closest pinball table to me (all 2 of them) are 30 miles away and i dont drive.

Im done heh

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.