Star Trek: The Next Generation Kickstarter Stretch News!

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Jay Obernolte looks like such a dork but holy jeez you just wanna hug 'im, doncha?!

Even though I'm an Xbox 360 player still waiting on that first DLC table and even though I already donated $50 for Twilight Zone which hasn't yet been made and even though I'm bummed about some of the mistakes and strange decisions FarSight have made so far on this project, I am still going to kick in to help preserve this amazing table for my 9 month old son to play in a decade. You should too.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
So, they're starting the Kickstarter already? Bad idea, since there's a lot of pissed off 360 owners (myself included) who still haven't received a single DLC table.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
So, they're starting the Kickstarter already? Bad idea, since there's a lot of pissed off 360 owners (myself included) who still haven't received a single DLC table.

They need to do it now before the deal CBS offered them expires and forces FarSight to have to renegotiate the licensing fees. Besides, FarSight wants to release ST:TNG around December of this year. This Kickstarter project will be funded in no time.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
What table was $11,000? I live in Pennsylvania where pinball prices can be nuts and that's pretty steep. Very few I can think of that would cost that much. We already have MM and AFM is on the way. Gotta be Cactus Canyon.

Last edited:

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
What table was $11,000? I live in Pennsylvania where pinball prices can be nuts and that's pretty steep. Very few I can think of that would cost that much. We already have MM and AFM is on the way. Gotta be Cactus Canyon.

It was probably that Twilight Zone table they bought. Keep in mind that they pretty much require an immaculate condition table in full working order. When you shop around you are willing to accept some damage.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
They have the staff to fix up a table that's not absolutely pristine. Makes no sense to buy a freshly restored one, when they're probably going to be replacing a bunch of stuff on it anyway to make sure it acts as it's supposed to.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
They have the staff to fix up a table that's not absolutely pristine. Makes no sense to buy a freshly restored one, when they're probably going to be replacing a bunch of stuff on it anyway to make sure it acts as it's supposed to.

They make scans to create the table and all of the elements. You want as close to original as possible. You don't want something that has been restored. You need something that has been as lightly played as possible. It's better to have a playfield that has no wear from the ball traffic than to have a table that is worn or even worse has been restored by someone who has put new art on the playfield to restore it.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Jay said that they were shopping for a pinball the other day and the cheapest one they could find was $11,000. It can't be one they already have. He's either talking about a group of different pins and 11 grand was the cheapest one there or he's talking about one pin and the cheapest example they could find was 11 grand. I'm betting on the latter.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Jay said that they were shopping for a pinball the other day and the cheapest one they could find was $11,000. It can't be one they already have. He's either talking about a group of different pins and 11 grand was the cheapest one there or he's talking about one pin and the cheapest example they could find was 11 grand. I'm betting in the latter.

Yea, IJ pinball machines don't run cheap these days... ;)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
1) I think the idea of doing 'Premium' tables at a price of $4.99 is fair. I think the kickstarter was a necessary evil to get the ball rolling for there to be a licensed property to test the waters of how many downloads they could sell. The ST:TNG table getting a kickstarter, well I feel that's just to finish what they started to offer with TZ. After that, hopefully they'll be able to gauge how well these things do and not need outside funds for every licensed table they wanna do.

2) I'd be curious to know if Raul Julia's wishes applied only to new images of himself or not. I mean, he obviously signed off on the table to begin with, this is not using his image in anyway other than what it was originally intended (he's not in Guitar Hero singing Van Halen songs or anything!) and agreed upon. I doubt it's really an issue. If they re-issued the Addams Family DVD, I'm sure they could use whatever pictures of him they wanted on the cover, so I'm sure it's covered in the initial release forms he signed.

3) I'm getting real sick and tired of Xbox users *****ing and moaning at Farsight for dragging their feet. Dammit, they did there part, yell at Microsoft! The PS3 owners didn't act nearly so self entitled as these guys when dlc wasn't yet available to them.

4) So long as bugs are slowly getting fixed (and some have been, right?), I'm happy. Think of it as you getting to play the beta and are being the tester for them. These things can be corrected, so I'm good. I imagine a year or two from now, not only will bugs be mostly eliminated, but things like time of day lighting will be adjustable, user controlled flyover of table (like Zen), and maybe even operator table menus. Well, I can hope at least!

5) Anyone else extremely jealous of the fact that Farsight as a side effect of creating this game and needing actual tables, will have probably one of the best collections of pinball under one roof? And they're already running out of room? Hmmm, maybe opening up an arcade in Big Bear would be a good idea? Especially since I have access to my parents cabin only 30 minutes away in Arrowhead! C'mon, I hate having to drive to Vegas to get my pinball fix. Do it for the children!

6) How y'all getting such clean looking score signatures? Mine looks like crap.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
3) I'm getting real sick and tired of Xbox users *****ing and moaning at Farsight for dragging their feet. Dammit, they did there part, yell at Microsoft! The PS3 owners didn't act nearly so self entitled as these guys when dlc wasn't yet available to them.
That's a really easy attitude to have when you already have your DLC.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
Yeah, it's not like PS3 users got DLC right away either. But there were those that were acting pretty childishly about it.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Yea, IJ pinball machines don't run cheap these days... ;)

It can't be IJ. I just found a nice home owned for the last 14 years one on Ebay that sold for $5,200. Someone would have to be out of their mind to want $11,000 for one. I don't care how "perfect" it is.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
The only pin that I think could fetch $11k would be Big Bang Bar. MM, MB, CV, AFM, TZ, IJ etc. are all expensive but still peak at around half that price. Cactus Canyon maybe. I've not seen one for sale in a while...

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
The only pin that I think could fetch $11k would be Big Bang Bar. MM, MB, CV, AFM, TZ, IJ etc. are all expensive but still peak at around half that price. Cactus Canyon maybe. I've not seen one for sale in a while...

Big Bang Bar would be 15k plus. Hasn't fallen below that price in over 6 months. The only pin would be Cactus Canyon. Any other pin (MM, AFM, etc) that demands that amount are already in Farsight's possession. Mint examples with minimal use of a few other late Williams/Bally tables could fetch that amount as an asking price but they would never sell that high and could be had for much cheaper for a shopped/restored table.

F

Franky

I sell a big bang bar table for 27.000 Euro (33.000 $) if you're interested let me now and a cactus canyon (deluxe edition) for 12.950,00 (15755 $). And as i've said we're not gonna spend some money on a farsight kickstarter until the tables look real and the bugs are fixed - so this time, you guys have to dig a little deeper in your pockets.

I really doubt that this kickstarter will be a sucess (not because of us not donating) but many many people are really pissed, it's gonna be a tough race this time.

I am happy to report that we have now collected over $10,000 in pledges for ST:TNG

what does that mean? i thought it was 22.499 $ - or is it 32499 in total already?

(wayne gretzky)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.