Star Trek: The Next Generation Kickstarter Stretch News!

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
What is a "Deluxe Edition" of Cactus Canyon? Must be the only one in existence.

The only thing I can find with "deluxe edition" attached to CC is a pinball seller website that refers to "Special Deluxe Editions" as ones that are in "perfect collector's condition."

F

Franky

yes right, a deluxe edition is a "perfect condition" tuned up with new leds and a new soundsystem.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
what does that mean? i thought it was 22.499 $ - or is it 32499 in total already?
Its not going to be 22.499. That was what they went over the 55k with, but a part of that goes to kickstarter and I assume a certain amount of credcards bounced, which would come out of that 22.499.

I think you're lucky if you have 15k left after that, so I assume something in between 10 and 15k is what was already raised for STTNG, which is perfectly realistic.

Also, I think STTNG will be a screaming success now that PSN europe is on board as well, especially if they get a DLC pack for xbox out prior or at the start.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Its not going to be 22.499. That was what they went over the 55k with, but a part of that goes to kickstarter and I assume a certain amount of credcards bounced, which would come out of that 22.499.

I think you're lucky if you have 15k left after that, so I assume something in between 10 and 15k is what was already raised for STTNG, which is perfectly realistic.

Also, I think STTNG will be a screaming success now that PSN europe is on board as well, especially if they get a DLC pack for xbox out prior or at the start.

I don't think FarSight is going to pay Kickstarter and Amazon fees out of the excess funds. Those fees were already considered beforehand, but you are correct about the possibility of credit cards being declined for whatever reason.

F

Franky

so from 22.499 something like 10.000 is still left? ain't there a better way than using "kickstarter.com"? maybe directly thru the farsight website? thru donations or their shop?

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I don't think FarSight is going to pay Kickstarter and Amazon fees out of the excess funds. Those fees were already considered beforehand, but you are correct about the possibility of credit cards being declined for whatever reason.

No, but the excess funds ALSO lose their % in kickstarter/amazon funds, so approx 2.250 dollars.

so from 22.499 something like 10.000 is still left? ain't there a better way than using "kickstarter.com"? maybe directly thru the farsight website? thru donations or their shop?

They would never make it that way, Kickstarter is way more high profile, way more safe and proven. The fact you only pay the money when the goal has been met, the fact it has the technology and infrastructure to maintain these high finance investment project is also worth time and money. So no, doing it themselves is not an option. Kickstarter doesn't "get" just 10% for doing nothing, the website itself has a technological, administrative and infrastructural backend that costs money to maintain. There is a reason kickstarter has gotten so big: what they are doing isnt easy to do on your own. Thats why companies like Double Fine or the Wasteland 2 guys go there, and these are companies that are several sizes that of FS.

I've heard prior from other kickstarterprojects between 5 to 10% of billing charges bounce. Say out of the total amount (77.500?) about 7.5% of the creditcard charges got denied. That leaves 71.688, minus 55000 for the original funding of TZ. Leaves 16668, take out 10% of what kickstarter gets over THAT amount and you are at 15019 already.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
No, but the excess funds ALSO lose their % in kickstarter/amazon funds, so approx 2.250 dollars.

They would never make it that way, Kickstarter is way more high profile, way more safe and proven. The fact you only pay the money when the goal has been met, the fact it has the technology and infrastructure to maintain these high finance investment project is also worth time and money. So no, doing it themselves is not an option. Kickstarter doesn't "get" just 10% for doing nothing, the website itself has a technological, administrative and infrastructural backend that costs money to maintain. There is a reason kickstarter has gotten so big: what they are doing isnt easy to do on your own. Thats why companies like Double Fine or the Wasteland 2 guys go there, and these are companies that are several sizes that of FS.

I've heard prior from other kickstarterprojects between 5 to 10% of billing charges bounce. Say out of the total amount (77.500?) about 7.5% of the creditcard charges got denied. That leaves 71.688, minus 55000 for the original funding of TZ. Leaves 16668, take out 10% of what kickstarter gets over THAT amount and you are at 15019 already.

Good point bavelb...$15,000 sounds about right then, so the ST:TNG Kickstarter goal should be around $40,000 which I believe will be funded in no time.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
When exactly is the STTNG kickstarter going to begin?

I posted this on the news article, but it's relevant here too:

Notice that this video is not on Farsight's official YouTube page yet. My guess is they've had this video ready and are waiting to post it officially (and start the Kickstarter) until more DLC is available.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
I posted this on the news article, but it's relevant here too:

Notice that this video is not on Farsight's official YouTube page yet. My guess is they've had this video ready and are waiting to post it officially (and start the Kickstarter) until more DLC is available.

While I would be ready to donate today, it's probably in their best interest to wait until the Twilight Zone is released. Some percentage of those donors will be butthurt if they get hit up for another donation before seeing the previous kickstarted project come to fruition.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
While I would be ready to donate today, it's probably in their best interest to wait until the Twilight Zone is released. Some percentage of those donors will be butthurt if they get hit up for another donation before seeing the previous kickstarted project come to fruition.

They can't wait that long as the licensing deal offered by CBS is time sensitive. That said, this should be the last kickstarter this year (and hopefully ever) as FarSight is looking to use the release of The Twilight Zone and Star Trek : The Next Generation toward the end of this year to gauge the actual demand and sales for these types of premium tables.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'm hoping the premium tables are popular enough that we could see two per year without a KS for them.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
If the premium tables sell as well as they should and TPA continues growing its revenue stream, I don't think there are too many licenses out there that would need a kickstarter aside from any rock band, Addams Family and the various Lucas properties. Certainly many of the other licenses will not be cheap but I would hope that the money brought in from their releases supports the fees.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
And of course a few other random properties like Disney stuff and Lord of the Rings. Personally I can't wait to see tables like Johnny Mnemonic, Judge Dredd and a bunch of other great tables based on not so well loved licenses and others that were great at the time but have faded over the years.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.