Terminator 2 Kickstarter BEGINNING NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Here's an update of the trending from kicktraq. 85% to go.

nkd.png

4t72.png

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
poor Tabe, i think the criticism was a bit harsh. all of us here in this forum are fans of the product, we are PinballArcadeFans and we all just want the product to go on getting better and better with more and more tables.
+1

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I just came across this comment on the T2 Kickstarter, which immediately peeked my interest as it's quite a cool (albeit maybe unfeasible) idea:

Matthew Zarzeczny: "by any chance can it [the Kickstarter] be expanded to include Stern's Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines? I would reckon the licenses would be relatively similar and it would probably be more encouraging to get two tables rather than one out of this project"

This sounds like a cool idea for a STRETCH GOAL, right? Although I do remember that "tacking on" the STTNG table to the TZ Kickstarter wasn't too well received last time... If FarSight played this right though, I think the notion of having negotiated already for the Terminator AND Arnold Schwarzenegger license makes sense.

Doesn't work that way. T3 is a completely different table and requires a completely different license. More to the point, T3 is owned by a studio that is bankrupt, and if you've noticed the little issue FS has been having with their own publisher filing bankruptcy, you can imagine trying to secure a movie license from a defunct studio.

N

netizen

Doesn't work that way. T3 is a completely different table and requires a completely different license. More to the point, T3 is owned by a studio that is bankrupt, and if you've noticed the little issue FS has been having with their own publisher filing bankruptcy, you can imagine trying to secure a movie license from a defunct studio.

Sometimes I wonder if SYT has a macro to post licensing type info on threads like this :)

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
This is an important KS. It's easy to see why they went with this first versus say LotR or Addams: those two are virtually 'locks'; KS that would be successful no matter what. Not only does this have to be successful but Farsight needs to get it right this time with the rewards. If they can get the rewards out on time and honor everything, they can IMO erase the negativity that they had coming into this KS.

T2, Addams, LotR, Indiana Jones, Simpsons, Family Guy etc. ; all these machines, imo, are important because they are popular/relevant IP's and would help promote the game to the widest audience possible.

It seems like this is a slow burner. But IMO the results are still encouraging. I think it will make it, but just barely, because so far it's the most expensive and prior backers feel burnt over the whole code fiasco + ongoing Xbox fiasco. It's up to Farsight to successfully promote this, and they need to assure kickstarters that there won't be a fiasco this time regarding rewards. One thing to keep in mind is that this is a different game than it was over a year and a half ago: they are now over 7 million downloads, and many game of the year and mobile game awards later, there is a bigger base of pinball players and awareness, which is why I feel strongly this will still succeed.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
FS already hast the table there hmmmm. for $2000 you could buy a T2 table but if you have $2k to pledge you might already own one. :p SYT tell me you didn't make that pledge to go meet FS on the first kickstarter o_O

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
This is an important KS. It's easy to see why they went with this first versus say LotR or Addams: those two are virtually 'locks'; KS that would be successful no matter what. Not only does this have to be successful but Farsight needs to get it right this time with the rewards. If they can get the rewards out on time and honor everything, they can IMO erase the negativity that they had coming into this KS.

T2, Addams, LotR, Indiana Jones, Simpsons, Family Guy etc. ; all these machines, imo, are important because they are popular/relevant IP's and would help promote the game to the widest audience possible.

It seems like this is a slow burner. But IMO the results are still encouraging. I think it will make it, but just barely, because so far it's the most expensive and prior backers feel burnt over the whole code fiasco + ongoing Xbox fiasco. It's up to Farsight to successfully promote this, and they need to assure kickstarters that there won't be a fiasco this time regarding rewards. One thing to keep in mind is that this is a different game than it was over a year and a half ago: they are now over 7 million downloads, and many game of the year and mobile game awards later, there is a bigger base of pinball players and awareness, which is why I feel strongly this will still succeed.

I hope you are right about it being successful. If they stay as quiet throughout this campaign as they did the other two it has a very good chance of failing. They really need to be responsive and have constant updates throughout the campaign.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I just googled a couple of terminator fanpages / communities. We have to contact all them.
Also if you know a rich dude, maybe a celebrity who likes pinball, contact him / her. :)

Last edited:

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I read a guide online yesterday that teaches how to run a successful kickstarter campaign. It says the most successful are run by people that commit 8 hours a day to promoting and running their campaign. One of the most important things to do is to get your project talked about on blogs, blogs and more blogs. So far, I'm not aware of any promotion FS has done for this campaign other than a quick facebook mention on their page.

Don't get me wrong, I want this to succeed. I'm just worried that FS doesn't know how to run a kickstarter.

Couldn't agree more - communication and PR has never been FarSights strong point. Does Mr Mann still work for FS?

The comments on previous kickstarter pages are pretty damaging. Likewise the handling of the previous KS codes doesn't sit well with people.

I was expecting more uptake initially for this KS - so I'm a little nervous about this one being a success.

Looking at previous KS stats.

STTNG : $27 per backer
TZ : $33 per backer.

T2 is currently running at $22 per backer

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
FS already hast the table there hmmmm. for $2000 you could buy a T2 table but if you have $2k to pledge you might already own one. :p SYT tell me you didn't make that pledge to go meet FS on the first kickstarter o_O

I was barely able to afford the $500 for my actual Firepower, no way did I drop that much coin so I could visit FS! I do know however who did...

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I just googled a couple of terminator fanpages / communities. We have to contact all them.
Also if you know a rich dude, maybe a celebrity who likes pinball, contact him / her. :)

This is the point I've been trying to make. Why doesn't FS have a person trying to get those types of blogs and forums to take notice of their kickstarter campaign? I hope that they will assign someone to this task soon if they haven't already. I'm fairly certain that meeting their goal wouldn't be that difficult if enough people were aware of the campaign.

Sexton Hardcastle

Jun 5, 2013
Is it weird that I never really much cared for Terminator 2, but loved playing "Graveyard" on Pinball Illusions (Amiga)? Aside from the ball launch, it's pretty much identical to T2.

SH

Belgarion

Apr 17, 2013
Is it weird that I never really much cared for Terminator 2, but loved playing "Graveyard" on Pinball Illusions (Amiga)? Aside from the ball launch, it's pretty much identical to T2.

SH

Not at all! Graveyard is a great table (available on iOS with all th pinball fantasies and pinball illusion suites) I've spent so many nights on this one :)

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I'm off to watch some YouTube vids of the nightmare table and bring back some memories................ come to think of it I have an Amiga emulator somewhere on my PC :) That was my fav table.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I figured you didn't, you got a DEAL! :) oh yeah he said you did such a good job he didn't have much to post about.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
With regards to celebrities and pinball, I know that Slash likes Pinball - he was on JJP's facebook with Wizard of Oz a couple of weeks back: https://mobile.twitter.com/JJPinball/media/grid?idx=0&tid=339883326817071104

Seperate note, checking TPA's facebook page, has over 16,000 likes. If half those people put down $10 we would probably reach a stretch goal, if Farsight choose to do one. Less then 500 backers currently.
Question to the admin team, how many users are signed up to these forums? Could do a poll on best Kickstarter stretch target if nearer the time it looks like we may make it?

And if we are not, could they release it as a standalone table and just charge a premium for it instead, Jay said on the video that the purpose is to archive for future generations AND get to as many people as possible. I would still pay a hefty premium for it, then not play it at all, and that way it still gets released atleast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts