Terminator 2 Kickstarter BEGINNING NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
In theory Facebook should be enough promotion alone but it seems to have become a negative PR tool for FS rather than positive - not sure Facebook represents the true fanbase either. Without good promotion we might struggle to hit 25K at this rate. Lets hope everyone is sitting it out until nearer the end (hoping someone else will stump up the money).

side note : Just had a bash on the nightmare table! physics too floaty but not bad for its day + seems to have ball spin. Music is worth it alone.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I think people will look past farsights mistakes and make this one successful in the end.

However if they screw up again with the codes and rewards, that's going to be it. That's why they need to make sure it happens right this time, so we can get an Addams, LotR, Simpsons, and other kick starters.

And as some have said, it is up to Farsight to promote this. We as fans can only do so much, and we aren't getting paid.

Realistically if Farsight makes up for past mistakes they shouldn't have trouble making this or any future kick starters. After all, the fan base has grown considerably since the Twilight Zone and Star Trek kick starts.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
read into this what you will.............

3okRk.png

3okRZ.png

3ol9y.png

Last edited:

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
I was barely able to afford the $500 for my actual Firepower, no way did I drop that much coin so I could visit FS! I do know however who did...

Hope you don't think I did? Even if I had that kind of expendable dough, I'd rather spend it on pins...

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
10,000 in 5 days.

Needs to keep getting around 2grand a day to finish.

Keep in mind other kick starters went over 10 and 5 grand right? So this one will hopefully make it plus maybe the president of Farsight will contribute since he loves the table so much. Maybe Bowen will contribute since Farsight contributed to his ks. Not to mention all the new fans since the awards and awareness raised versus a year ago.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I just did a google search for "terminator 2 pinball kickstarter" and set the time range to the past week. I can see that there are quite a bit of write-ups on different blogs for the past two days now. Hopefully this will translate to additional backers because the current trending as of now is 88% of goal.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
We need an individual to make a large contribution. Can everyone with a twitter feed please retweet Farsights tweet from their own page. With social media and blogs sites we should be able to spread the word.

"We've launched our kickstarter for the #Terminator2 Judgment Day® pinball table. This great Williams® table is... http://fb.me/2PECpsLfj "

I tried to contact the owner of the Terminator 2 Facebook web page but there are no contact details - all we can do is post on the timeline. Stuff like this should help, as these pages get a lot of readers. If they'd do a guest post it would be useful.

What about tweeting Arnold Schwarzenegger and other celebs? I'm going to post on all my other forums too.

3oA1c.jpg

3oA1C.jpg

3oA1S.png

Last edited:

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Good ideas all round. More exposure, prodding celebrities, and asking the president of FS to stump up a large donation, like 20K or so

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
We need an individual to make a large contribution.
With regards to celebrities and pinball, I know that Slash likes Pinball - he was on JJP's facebook with Wizard of Oz a couple of weeks back

I know that Slash likes it to use his Ipad on tour. So maybe, this could be another reason for him to back a pinball game.

This should be his real Twitter account and he talks a lot.
https://twitter.com/Slash

Feel free to contact him. :) (I'm not on twitter)

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
i wouldnt be so pesimistic guys

t2 has a strong following in a few generations. the table seems like alot of fun too, smacked of the gun many times in my youth heh

who doesnt wanna hear arnies dulcet tones?

lets slap skynet eh?
There's a few negatives here though;
It was released in 1991. Technology wasn't as good, so there are few voice / sound samples, and a shallow, unbalanced rule set (multiball is the only thing worth shooting for, at least in PAPA tournaments)
It is the first game to be designed with a DMD (Second to be released), so implementation isn't great.
It's not valuable or rare (compared to other machines).
Like FP, it was a huge hit back in its day, but other machines that have followed in its footsteps have surpassed it.
Its a good, but not legendary table (Like TZ, STTNG, and TAF).

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Farsight need to update their iOS and Android app descriptions ASAP on the first line of the description that they are doing this Kickstarter. New people who have downloaded this week and not signed up to the monthly newsletter will have no idea otherwise.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Farsight need to update their iOS and Android app descriptions ASAP on the first line of the description that they are doing this Kickstarter. New people who have downloaded this week and not signed up to the monthly newsletter will have no idea otherwise.

Or there are those of us like me who have signed up for the newsletter but for some reason it stopped being sent to me and despite many requests, hasn't been sent since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts