Request The Addams Family (videos)

RickCNB

Nov 29, 2012
This is a pretty sterile video by comparison, but this is an extremely skilled player showing how to totally dominate at The Addams Family Pinball:
[video=vimeo;25920812]http://vimeo.com/25920812[/video]

After watching this video, I was inspired to make the one-hour drive to PinballZ Arcade in Austin to play Addams Family when they opened at 10 am.
Started my first game at 10:06 -- first ball was 110,000. Looks like I need a little warm-up... so, after 39 minutes of warm-up -- practicing some of the specific shots and strategies from the video, I was ready to play "for real."
I started a new game at 10:45 am. I finally finished that one game at 11:30 -- 45 minutes of solid play on one game.
I got Tour The Mansion three times, with a final score of 1,409,995,200 -- yes, 1.4 Billion with a B.
By the way, I also discovered that Bear Kicks will max out at 99 -- and give you 5 million points every time you go up the ramp from then on.
My biggest end-of-ball bonus was 214,700,000.

Now, I just need to beat the Grand Champion on that machine -- initials COL, who regularly scores between 3 and 4 Billion.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
On Halloween my wife and I watched The Addams Family movie. It reminded how much better the pin is than the movie. But it was fun to watch and listen for movie lines that were used in the pin. I think there is a drinking game to be made there.

I recall enjoying the second movie, Addams Family Values, a lot more. The first one had a perfect cast and a great look (both of which carried over beautifully to the pinball), but the script was a little weak.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I thought the second one was weaker than the first. But I did love the play the kids put on at the summer camp.

Mega

Feb 28, 2012
After watching this video, I was inspired to make the one-hour drive to PinballZ Arcade in Austin to play Addams Family when they opened at 10 am.
Started my first game at 10:06 -- first ball was 110,000. Looks like I need a little warm-up... so, after 39 minutes of warm-up -- practicing some of the specific shots and strategies from the video, I was ready to play "for real."
I started a new game at 10:45 am. I finally finished that one game at 11:30 -- 45 minutes of solid play on one game.
I got Tour The Mansion three times, with a final score of 1,409,995,200 -- yes, 1.4 Billion with a B.
By the way, I also discovered that Bear Kicks will max out at 99 -- and give you 5 million points every time you go up the ramp from then on.
My biggest end-of-ball bonus was 214,700,000.

Now, I just need to beat the Grand Champion on that machine -- initials COL, who regularly scores between 3 and 4 Billion.

VERY Impressive. I guess they fixed it since I was there... it was working fine, but behaved like it was missing a ball. I locked 5 balls in one game and never got multi-ball. Also the sound was turned way down.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Does anyone have any conclusive proof over the claim that Raul Julia's estate doesn't want his likeness being used on anything?

Mega

Feb 28, 2012
Does anyone have any conclusive proof over the claim that Raul Julia's estate doesn't want his likeness being used on anything?
I Googled it, and all I can come up with is posts made in Kickstarter... so I can't find the actual source.

For argument's sake, let's assume it's true. What constitutes a likeness? Is it JUST the artwork, or would that also include his voice?

I would be perfectly happy with the game if his face was removed from the artwork which would be trivial for the devs... but his voice is a pretty big part of the "DNA" of that game plus it's embedded in the ROMs and since TPA emulates the ROMs, I'm not sure if altering the audio would be possible or viable.

So let's hope it's not true, and if it is true, let's hope it's just is face. :D

Mega

Feb 28, 2012
Thanks for making us aware of this... I replied to the Facebook thread with:
Even though it would be a shame to not have this table perfectly represented, I would be okay with having a new voice actor record all his parts and have his likeness removed from the back glass. I REALLY want to play this table.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yeah, but at that point you probably still need to get the movie company and Williams to sign off on the change, and I could see that being pretty tricky.

Mega

Feb 28, 2012
Yeah, but at that point you probably still need to get the movie company and Williams to sign off on the change, and I could see that being pretty tricky.
Tricky, yes... but at least it gets past the impossible barrier of violating the will of a dead person (which you obviously can't negotiate with).

"Twilight Zone" and "Star Trek: The Next Generation" were probably not any less tricky (once you remove the Raul Julia issue).

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
The best hope we have will be when those who own the Addams Family licenses decide to release the show again on blu-ray, if the studios can find a way to work around the will that way then it just opens the floodgates for more recreations <_<

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
The best hope we have will be when those who own the Addams Family licenses decide to release the show again on blu-ray, if the studios can find a way to work around the will that way then it just opens the floodgates for more recreations <_<
The TV show has nothing to do with Raul, so his will would not be an obstacle for the studios. But the pinball machine is based on the movie, which he (obviously) was in.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012

What does the TV show's BluRay release have to do with the license for the pinball table?

The movies have already been released on DVD and they were made before DVD was invented so I also don't see the correlation with a BluRay release of the movies helping the situation with the pinball license.

Mega

Feb 28, 2012
What does the TV show's BluRay release have to do with the license for the pinball table?

The movies have already been released on DVD and they were made before DVD was invented so I also don't see the correlation with a BluRay release of the movies helping the situation with the pinball license.
This is a good point... with just a little digging:

Raul Julia died in 1994: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raul_Julia
DVD was invented in 1995: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD

So it seems like the legalities of the DVD release would not be any different than Blu-Ray would be today.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
N

netizen

I need some crystalclear confirmation from a farsight employer that adams family is next or not.

I cant sleep like this.

:)

There will be no confirmation until they can get the license details worked out and they either fund it themselves or ask for a kickstarter to help with it.

Things could fall apart and if they "confirmed" it and that happened, could you imagine the amount of negativity to come their way; I mean look at the level they get now

Mega

Feb 28, 2012
It would be nice to get some official information though. That tidbit about the will doesn't make anyone think less of Farsight... if anything it helps build a good rapport with the fans to keep us informed. They are doing a decent job of keeping us updated on what is going on with the legal issues on Xbox... it seems like it would not be a problem to give us high level details on any progress or developments related to The Addams Family.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I need some crystalclear confirmation from a farsight employer that adams family is next or not.

I cant sleep like this.

:)

if we raise more then the goal we’ll be able to digitize other licensed tables as well, including the next table we'd really like to pursue- Bally's incredible classic The Addams Family!

I don't think it get's more crystal than this.

People worry too much. Addams is getting made. But we do need to insure T2 is successful. Start hitting up the youtube channels and get the promotion out like we did for Twilight Zone and Star Trek. I have.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts