Thoughts on the new iOS interface?

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
Finished a nice game of Pin bot, entered my initials and then I couldn't tap anything. The exit menu didn't come up and the pause button didn't work. So I closed the app.

Mclong

Apr 22, 2016
It's the correct forum and we'll be increasing the size of the special buttons, some menus buttons, and the camera button as well as increasing the touch zones for the initial entry buttons.

FlippyFloppy, that's great to hear. Another missing menu item is the the option to turn scrolling view on or off.
Thanks for the continued support and keep bringing great tables to TPA! Looking forward to the update to fix these bugs.

Mclong

Apr 22, 2016
FlippyFloppy, I just found another glitch and I'm not sure if it has been reported yet. I just beat the grand master table score on Taxi and after it completed I get no leader board popup to compare weekly or overall scores and all menu buttons are missing. I will have to exit the app and force close and open again.

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
FlippyFloppy, that's great to hear. Another missing menu item is the the option to turn scrolling view on or off.
Thanks for the continued support and keep bringing great tables to TPA! Looking forward to the update to fix these bugs.

I had sent this up to get resolved yesterday. Currently If you tap and hold the camera button, It will lock the camera. But only if your not in the plunger camera

FlippyFloppy, I just found another glitch and I'm not sure if it has been reported yet. I just beat the grand master table score on Taxi and after it completed I get no leader board popup to compare weekly or overall scores and all menu buttons are missing. I will have to exit the app and force close and open again.

Did the App freeze all together or did the Final Score screen not pop up?

Mclong

Apr 22, 2016
Did the App freeze all together or did the Final Score screen not pop up?

Good to know about the camera lock! Personally, without instructions, I feel this could get frustrating for new users. I appreciate you sending that up, thank you. Still I would prefer a generic setting to turn scrolling on or off either broadly over the entire game for each player or save preferences per table and per player, if possible.

Regarding Taxi high score:

The table showed my final score with the check mark to continue. Since this is my first high score in new the UI I'm not sure if the leader board is supposed to appear as it did in the previous UI. After I clicked the check mark to continue it returned to the first table screen, as in viewing the Taxi table with the camera moving around table but no buttons, boarders or ball selector appeared. Nothing on the top or bottom. They weren't visible so the the whole screen just showed the table moving around. Since I couldn't proceed I had to close the app, close the program, and relaunch. I could try to get another high score on a different table to see if the same thing happens.

Noticed a new visual error.
I was playing Flight 2000 Pro and decided to turn on the tilt meter and ball control. The ball control on screen toggle is smaller then previous UI, which is okay, however it overlays the tilt meter. The tilt meter is significantly smaller and when the table is nudged the output bar to show the degree of nudge is below the tilt meters lowest threshold. Basically it is outside the tilt meter. I can attach a picture if requested.

This leads me into the next issue. When I turn tilt meter and ball control ON a check mark appears but in the options menu it seems like the tilt, multiball camera, and event camera settings are turned on with the yellow circle. While invert nudge and show touch scheme are off with the yellow circle. I understand why the settings can be interpreted as such but they aren't universal between pro menu and options menu. I will share photos if requested. I don't think this is a bug.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
This leads me into the next issue. When I turn tilt meter and ball control ON a check mark appears but in the options menu it seems like the tilt, multiball camera, and event camera settings are turned on with the yellow circle. While invert nudge and show touch scheme are off with the yellow circle. I understand why the settings can be interpreted as such but they aren't universal between pro menu and options menu. I will share photos if requested. I don't think this is a bug.

It is a bug. It was reported during the UI beta run on PC that several of the switch settings were backwards to what they actually did, but nothing was done about it.

Mclong

Apr 22, 2016
FlippyFloppy,

There is a bug in Black Rose surrounding the launch ball button. When you first start the table the automatic ball launcher 'Fire' is missing and appears once the first ball has been plunged. It returns upon draining the first ball and can be used on the remaining balls.

Hugh Jorgen

Apr 3, 2013
I played a couple of different games, Centaur and BigShot.
When I was on the main page, the recently played icon was Cue Ball Wizard on both games.

I don't know how many others it does it on, but I thought I'd mention it.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
iPad user. Quick impressions/complaints after a few days. I dig the new interface. Love the random table function.

The custom ball selection is terrific. My eyes have trouble with the standard ball on some tables, so I use the zebra ball or happy face ones usually. I do change balls often, just to see if there’s a way to improve my ability to track the ball, so it’s nice to have that right there.

I prefer to list the tables by my ratings, but when I play a game and come back to the screen, it has switched back to the default list. Not a major deal but it would be nice if it would stay that way.

Yeah, that Gorgar scoreboard needs to be fixed. It’s too tiny and that blue color is work for the old-eyed. Gorgar is one of my most-played tables and I rarely look at the score until after the final tilt, but sometimes I do, if I happen to be having one of those rare, million plus games.

Goin’ Nuts timer/countdown is covered up by the pause button! (Yes, I play Goin’ Nuts.)

I just played a game of Pin-Bot and hit a high-score of 10 million plus, and entered my initials as usual, but all the highscores read “9,999,999.” Is that a new quirk? It’s been awhile since I’ve played Pin-Bot and done well enough to have to put in my initials.

On Tomcat, after I enter my initials, the escape buttons do not appear. The only way to get out is to hit the home button on the iPad and then force quit TPA. It seems to keep my scores, tho.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I just played a game of Pin-Bot and hit a high-score of 10 million plus, and entered my initials as usual, but all the highscores read “9,999,999.” Is that a new quirk? It’s been awhile since I’ve played Pin-Bot and done well enough to have to put in my initials.

I think that was always an issue with Pinbot. Same thing with High Speed and I think a few other System 11 tables.

satandouche

Sep 27, 2015
Don't know why, but the app is just closing on me mid-game. This is only happening in the new ui and since I bought the new season. Happened twice on No Fear and Judge Dread. Not stoked.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013

Normal behavior. Although the local highscore shows 9.9M, the correct value is send to the online leaderboards.

ST:TNG has also the same problem (9.9B), at least on PS3.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Don't know why, but the app is just closing on me mid-game. This is only happening in the new ui and since I bought the new season. Happened twice on No Fear and Judge Dread. Not stoked.

Seems to happen whenever you complete a goal in your second game, something like this. That was a major shocker when I reached the Billionaire club on Bride of Pinbot and the app just crashed. :( As I have to redo all goals after a reinstall on my iPad, I have stopped playing.

Also, I have the same issue that sometimes the game ends and I cannot start a new one (MM and Totan).

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Seems to happen whenever you complete a goal in your second game, something like this. That was a major shocker when I reached the Billionaire club on Bride of Pinbot and the app just crashed. :( As I have to redo all goals after a reinstall on my iPad, I have stopped playing.

Also, I have the same issue that sometimes the game ends and I cannot start a new one (MM and Totan).

There is a known issue with crashing when goals are achieved - FS are working on a fix. I believe a patch was already released for Steam, mobile is probably just around the corner.

satandouche

Sep 27, 2015
There is a known issue with crashing when goals are achieved - FS are working on a fix. I believe a patch was already released for Steam, mobile is probably just around the corner.
Cool if the fix is coming. Now the app isn't uploading the scores to the leaderboards and I'm having the same issue as JefferyD mentioned regarding having to reboot after entering initials. All the buttons disappear. Woo hoo.

satandouche

Sep 27, 2015

That's awful about losing your high score and goals. I gave up on the app for a long time as it was acting glitchy with the frame rate which made the pins unplayable.

Since I got a new IPad it seemed to be working great again until the new UI/season 5 purchase.

I actually recorded a video of all my goals just in case something happens and I lose them all.

Hopefully, FS takes care of the bugs soon as I'm sure they're working on it. Still don't know how to check which goals I've completed on the new tables. Anyone have a method other than keeping a journal?

Mclong

Apr 22, 2016
Table Rating Glitch:

Not sure if this has been reported yet for iOS but here is the following scenario.

I rated a couple tables two days ago and the ratings have now disappeared. I'm not sure if the App became unusable after I rated the tables forcing me to close the app because a few ratings are showing that I rated yesterday while the others are gone.

Douglas Silfen

Jun 23, 2016
Lights Camera Action occasionally crashes.

The main table menu often glitches and lights up multiple selection in blue when an additional filter change is added. For example, If you are sorting by my rating it is fine, but then you select Gottlieb tables and that is lit oddly and so is my rating lit and you can't start a table.

Also the sound settings for menu music (pinball wizard), table music and table sound do not save if you exit the app and restart.

Members online

Members online