Votes: 47 13.1%
  • Paragon™

Votes: 149 41.6%
  • Xenon™

Votes: 162 45.3%

• Total voters

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I don't know if anyone has had a proper look at the Paragon playfield and backglass but personally I find Paragon to be the more explicit of the two. That bikini lady could use some thicker fabric! There's not too much left to the imagination. Plus, she's human.

Very true! :D

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Paul Faris is listed as the artist for Xenon. Which escaped my attention up until now. He also did Paragon, and the man and woman in the Paragon art were modeled on himself and his wife. His daughter is the model for POTO. His son was the stand-in for Michael J Fox on the BTTF pin.

As for what is depicted on the Xenon playfield... is any better/worse than Silverball Mania? http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2156&picno=12302 (I remember that from being 9 or 10 and it being... interesting.)

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
guys please, we are mammals, we suck tits since the minute we are born. By the time a kid starts with school he/she is aware of far more disturbing and dangerous things than a neked body of opposite sex.

Zincdust

Jun 4, 2012
I voted for Xenon, as I would play it as a lad at the local pool hall in downtown Caldwell, ID. Although Paragon was a close second.

karl

May 10, 2012
dtown nailed it.

Wow, this is insane. I have to google this. Any links? ;)

Yep! it's pretty insane. That law is from 2009 when prostitution got banned in Norway. They decided to include the whole world while they were at it.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Sex sells, and Xenon and Paragon were created toward the end of the sexual revolution. Times were certainly different back then.

Some of the airline commercials were sexist and rife with sexual innuendo.

I've been trying to cut back on the use of sexual innuendos, but it has been hard...so hard. Ok, I'm sure a few of you are thinking that I should go fly myself. Back to pinball.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
Yep! it's pretty insane. That law is from 2009 when prostitution got banned in Norway. They decided to include the whole world while they were at it.

Wow, you're right! That law is unbelievably obnoxious. I wonder why they believe they even have that kind of jurisdiction on activity beyond their borders even if done by a Norwegian citizen. I love Norway and Norwegians, but I can't have any love of the Norwegian government if they're imposing laws like that. Sheesh!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Xenon's art doesn't offend or bother me at all. But I'm not going to tell MFrank it shouldn't offend him. Just like I don't want my government saying what should offend me.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I ultimately picked fireball. I would have picked paragon if it would have made a difference but might as well support an em and a table I would like to see. Looks like the order of finish will be the exact opposite of my preference.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
image-5.jpg

image-4.jpg

I love it.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Wow, Silverball reminds me of the 1966 Williams 8 Ball table I use to play at my friend's house when I was kid. The family moved into the cul-de-sac when I was 9, and this table was in the garage until I left for college. Might still be there now. The father was a General Counsel for the State Bar of Texas and Navy JAG. He passed away a few years ago and I have not been in contact with his son for decades. Still, I recall sleeping over at my friends house as a child and staying up all night playing this 8 Ball machine. The middle loop was 500 points and a bell would ring for every 100 points scored. When you made the shot, you heard "ding ding ding ding ding". It was a dangerous shot, but oh so satisfying.

The table:

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=8-ball&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#764

The man that owned this table:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/cjonline/obituary.aspx?n=steven-d-peterson&pid=144359230

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
If Embryon was on the list, I would have voted for that table instead of Xenon. Actually, if Fathom, Embryon, Paragon, Xenon and Sorcerer made it to TPA I would be a happy camper. Throw in Red and Ted Roadshow and The Shadow and you would never get me off my iPad.

------
+1 (* 10) :cool:

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Everything is fine. One table that I totally despise out of over 50 ain't bad. I just want to be able to remove Xenon from my lineup on Steam. I am a Season 4 Pass Holder so I need a way to get this table out of my view. That's all I ask.

I also want this poll over now and Xenon voted the winner.

Heretic, when you are on this forum like you were in the past, please Notify Me. I am outta here for awhile.

Edit: Please forgive me for my last couple of posts or all my posts related to this poll. I guess the main problem I have with Xenon is that it bring back memories of a certain kind of abuse I was subjected to in my youth. Again, I apologize for upsetting you fine forum members.

Last edited:

RushDude2112

Jan 5, 2015
I agree with you on Silverball Mania. That was one pin you could always hear then minute you walked into an arcade. Maybe TPA will make this table one day

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Frank: reasons understood, no worries. Although I have no problem with the implied nudity (no nipples means tight clothing to me eheh...) we don't all have to agree. What I would like to point out though is your excellent ability in explaining your point of view without resorting in putting down those with the opposite point of view. We are all different and in my many years in the pinball hobby, I have noticed we are quite a passionate group as far as opinions are concern.

That's a cool thing :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts