TPA PS4 US launch countdown!

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
On Facebook they said a few times they'd have an official announcement on the PS4 release later in the day, but now it's the next day (that was about 12 hours ago) and nothing yet, maybe later today.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
On Facebook they said a few times they'd have an official announcement on the PS4 release later in the day, but now it's the next day (that was about 12 hours ago) and nothing yet, maybe later today.

Crap!! (by the way the word "crap" changes to "Carl" on the Kindle Fire auto-correct.... I apologize if your name is Carl) ;)

This is too bad. TPA was to be one of the only games I was going to buy for the PS4.

I still think the PS4 should have been delayed until Spring of 2014. They would have had a better launch, the system would have been more ready (less day one patches). There are more than enough great games to keep us busy until then. I only just started The Last of Us, I didn't open Beyond Two Souls, or another 50 or so games. I didn't even buy GTA V yet!

The Xbone could have used extra time to fix their dev kit issues as well. They just rush this stuff out to try and beat each other to the punch and they screw up too many things in the process.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I still think the PS4 should have been delayed until Spring of 2014.

Oh lord no, the only game I care about is the new TPA, I need it sooner than that! : oo

Also there's a little thing known as the holiday shopping rush that console makers seem to rely on.

~~~~~~~~~

Still no word on a possible delay on FB. The other PSN "launch" game that was scratched from the PS4 FAQ has been updated to say it's now coming Nov 26th...hopefully TPA wouldn't be pushed back that far. :L

I suppose any delay would be all for the best in the long run; this is by far the most testing the game will ever get! Really we can only hope Sony QA is cracking the whip on FarSight and making them put in the kind of polish and amenities (a volume control would be nice, for instance) that the non-launch PS3 version never got.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Oh lord no, the only game I care about is the new TPA, I need it sooner than that! : oo

Also there's a little thing known as the holiday shopping rush that console makers seem to rely on.

~~~~~~~~~

Still no word on a possible delay on FB. The other PSN "launch" game that was scratched from the PS4 FAQ has been updated to say it's now coming Nov 26th...hopefully TPA wouldn't be pushed back that far. :L

I suppose any delay would be all for the best in the long run; this is by far the most testing the game will ever get! Really we can only hope Sony QA is cracking the whip on FarSight and making them put in the kind of polish and amenities (a volume control would be nice, for instance) that the non-launch PS3 version never got.

What is the purpose of a volume control on a console? I mean I know it would control the volume but to what convenience?

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I still think the PS4 should have been delayed until Spring of 2014..
..Also there's a little thing known as the holiday shopping rush that console makers seem to rely on.

What, you don't think parents would buy the $400 consoles to put in their kids' Easter baskets? :p

Early 2014 is when I'm aiming for actually getting one anyway. I think I'll buy a real pinball machine first, now that I have a house to put it in.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
What, you don't think parents would buy the $400 consoles to put in their kids' Easter baskets? :p

Early 2014 is when I'm aiming for actually getting one anyway. I think I'll buy a real pinball machine first, now that I have a house to put it in.

Actually there are quite a lot of sales in January and February as well. When I worked at a computer/game store we would have more sales in January than in November. Much of it was from people returning gifts they didn't want and putting it towards something else.

Holiday console releases are overrated.
The SNES was released in August 1991 in the US and that sold quite well.

Besides they figure the average gamer age of the PS4 to be between 28 and 45... our parents don't buy us consoles anymore! :p

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
What is the purpose of a volume control on a console? I mean I know it would control the volume but to what convenience?

Well, the two things I mostly use my PS3 for are TPA and Netflix. Neither has a volume control built in, bizarrely; most Netflix movies are at pretty low volume for some reason, so--because my speakers are oldschool and separate from modern stuff such as my projector--I always have to get up and go adjust my speakers' volume knob when switching between TPA and Netflix. Whereas if they had their own built-in volume options like nearly every other PS3 program, I could just set those once and pretty much never have to mess with any volume adjusting again! : D

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Today on Facebook:

The Pinball Arcade The official statement so far is:

We're aware that SCEA no longer lists us as a launch title on PS4. We've been working hard to get the game and all of the Additional Content set up and approved. The game is currently in test at Sony and we're hopeful that if not out at launch, Pinball Arcade will be released very soon after.

Kinda sounds like whatever it is hasn't really been sorted out yet between FS and Sony.

Queue

Aug 28, 2013
Kinda sounds like whatever it is hasn't really been sorted out yet between FS and Sony.

I'm not too upset about a short delay in release, so long as it's out by the end of the year. I would prefer that they squash as many bugs as possible before it goes live, since TPA has a history of not getting timely updates on consoles. However, if it ends up suffering a similar fate as the Wii-U port, Farsight will have to deal with quite a bit of collective outrage, because many people have pre-ordered a PS4 specifically for this game.

I have my fingers crossed that this is going to be the best version of TPA for some time to come. Don't let us down, Farsight!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Well, the two things I mostly use my PS3 for are TPA and Netflix. Neither has a volume control built in, bizarrely; most Netflix movies are at pretty low volume for some reason, so--because my speakers are oldschool and separate from modern stuff such as my projector--I always have to get up and go adjust my speakers' volume knob when switching between TPA and Netflix. Whereas if they had their own built-in volume options like nearly every other PS3 program, I could just set those once and pretty much never have to mess with any volume adjusting again! : D

So no remote control for your amp?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
No amp, just a direct line from the PS3 to the speakers (and one from my PC, it has two audio-ins).

Ah. Now it makes sense. I didn't even think of someone doing their gaming audio like that. I've been a bit of an audiophile since I bought my first Magneplanar speakers in 1988. I've been all about integrating as much stuff as I can into my audio system but gaming drove my audio system even further. I wouldn't have a 7.1 speaker configuration if not for gaming. Not enough movies support 7.1 to make it worth while.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Actually there are quite a lot of sales in January and February as well. When I worked at a computer/game store we would have more sales in January than in November. Much of it was from people returning gifts they didn't want and putting it towards something else.

Holiday console releases are overrated.
The SNES was released in August 1991 in the US and that sold quite well.

Besides they figure the average gamer age of the PS4 to be between 28 and 45... our parents don't buy us consoles anymore! :p

Sure, there are lots of sales transactions in January based on returns, gift cards/cash gifts, and people waiting for post-holiday sales. But if you wait until Spring you miss out on all of that. Also, don't mistake the average adult gamer as being the target of the holiday release. Those 28-45 aged gamers like us are going to buy the console when they want to, regardless of what time of year its released. The holiday release is all about grabbing the gift-giving parent segment, because they are where the margin sales are. Its about getting the people that might use that money to buy something else (worse case scenario the competition's console) if this console isn't the hot new thing on everyone's mind at holiday time.

I'm not too upset about a short delay in release, so long as it's out by the end of the year...

I actually wouldn't mind if it went into January personally but I'm guessing FS is really going to try to get it available by Xmas for everyone to buy with their holiday gift cards.

Last edited:

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
There's going to be a $10 PSN voucher coming with every launch PS4. Guess I'll be holding onto that for a while...

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
WOW! $10 THANKS SONY Pfffft!

It's better than nothing, which is what we thought we were getting a week ago. Not sure why you'd complain about something that's completely free, and can be used towards numerous things on the Playstation store.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts