TPA PS4 US launch countdown!

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Not sure why you'd complain about something that's completely free, and can be used towards numerous things on the Playstation store.

Maybe because the online play is not free anymore (although TPA is not concerned... I hope).

Sony gives 10 bucks with one hand but takes 50 bucks with the other one.

The free PSN was good enough. :/

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
It's better than nothing, which is what we thought we were getting a week ago. Not sure why you'd complain about something that's completely free, and can be used towards numerous things on the Playstation store.

Leave it to SkillShot to complain about someone giving him $10! :D

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Still no date update for TPA on Sony's PS4 FAQ. Today on Facebook, FarSight said

I sent FarSight an email the day that Sony changed their status. I got a reply today that says essentially the same thing.

FarSight said:
Yeah, we're in talks with them right now. The game has been done, it's just minor things we need to get taken care of to meet Sony's requirements. If we don't make launch day, it will be very soon after :)

Queue

Aug 28, 2013
All of this is great news. The PS4 launch is looking to be everything that the Wii-U launch should have been. Now, had I only been wise enough not to blow $350 on the Wii-U...

Lesson learned, I guess.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Maybe because the online play is not free anymore (although TPA is not concerned... I hope).

Sony gives 10 bucks with one hand but takes 50 bucks with the other one.

The free PSN was good enough. :/

Completely free online was destined for this. At least, with PS+, you get a lot of free stuff. Hell, spare a few very cheap downloadables, I haven't had to buy ANY games on my Vita since getting it a year ago (already owned TPA on PS3, so that was free via crossbuy). There's a lot of free stuff and the longer you have it the more you pile up.

Plus, get in on the best thing Gamestop has going for Black Friday: $29.99 one year subscriptions! Imma buy two.

Now you're talking just $2.50 a month.

Last edited:

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I will say for the moment that i will not purchase any digital downloads in the near future on the PS4. Why? Because you can bet people will be hacking it, good or bad, and if it was like the Vita, Sony would be removing games off the store right quick. As in "new youtube video showing homebrew on PS4" bam the game is gone. (And too bad if you paid for it - until it returns, you're out the money).

Hell, the running joke was to create a bunch of fake videos to remove every game off of PSN for Vita.

These consoles are extremely hackable, after all, being x86 based (think original Xbox).

Don't want to spend a pile of money on PSN buying TPA and all the season passes only to have it removed the next day for a few months.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
$10 you can only spend on PSN there not giving you anything except your first hit free! Digital Drug Dealer style! :)

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Amazon has a limited number of PS4's for $399.99 available starting now 12:01 EST.

If you want one now is the time.

Timelord ...

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I will say for the moment that i will not purchase any digital downloads in the near future on the PS4. Why? Because you can bet people will be hacking it, good or bad, and if it was like the Vita, Sony would be removing games off the store right quick. As in "new youtube video showing homebrew on PS4" bam the game is gone. (And too bad if you paid for it - until it returns, you're out the money).

Hell, the running joke was to create a bunch of fake videos to remove every game off of PSN for Vita.

These consoles are extremely hackable, after all, being x86 based (think original Xbox).

Don't want to spend a pile of money on PSN buying TPA and all the season passes only to have it removed the next day for a few months.

Removing the game from the store doesn't remove it off your HD. You'd still be able to play any game you've purchased and downloaded.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yeah who's running out at midnight to pick up a system and see if TPA is available through it? : D

Today from their Facebook:

The Pinball Arcade [...] probably not going to make day 1, setting up the discounts we're offering current ps3/vita customers took more time and effort than expected, for one thing, and we should be released in the first 2-3 weeks following launch at the LATEST.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I'll be waiting in the parking lot keeping an eye out for unsuspecting people walking out with PS4 a box :p GTAV on the brain!

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Picked up one on Amazon last night. Should be here next week, hope TPA is too. Not surprised it didn't make launch. Hope it doesn't turn into a Wii U situation.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
For folks wondering about that 10 dollar credit. That's only if you purchase a PS Plus membership. It doesn't automatically come with the purchase of a PS4. :( Right now the PS4 is undergoing some maintenance. No one could sign in during the launch because of the traffic. I hope later on things will change. I'm so looking forward to TPA on the PS4. I really am!

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
And in response to the same post of mine that the previous tip I mentioned came from, FarSight clarified (maybe?) the release date expectation; whereas what they said earlier sounded like a range from today to a max of 2-3 weeks delay, now they just said:

The Pinball Arcade [...] we're looking around 2-3 weeks.

Well dang. Guess it's just gonna be a whole lotta PS4 Netflix until then. : P

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
For folks wondering about that 10 dollar credit. That's only if you purchase a PS Plus membership. It doesn't automatically come with the purchase of a PS4. :( Right now the PS4 is undergoing some maintenance. No one could sign in during the launch because of the traffic. I hope later on things will change. I'm so looking forward to TPA on the PS4. I really am!

Oosh hope it doesn't stay down too long. I guess that's pretty clever about the $10 credit, heck it (along with Resogun for free) even tempted me into thinking about signing up for PS+... Still not quite pushed into it yet, but we'll see if I can hold out through the weeks of waiting for TPA... : o

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts