TPA to Return to XBox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperKaladrax

Feb 24, 2014
I try to remain positive, but the 7 months since it was announced as coming back have been a bit taxing. Hopefully it'll be pretty soon, because I have money to spend and I'm pretty sick of the ten tables I've been stuck with since The Dark Times began. Especially since five of those I'd already played to death in the preceding Williams and Gottlieb collections. At this point I wouldn't care about any kind of discount like was mentioned, I'd be happy just to see the things available to pay full price for.

I know unexpected things happened, and I'm sure Farsight is doing their best, but I certainly didn't expect to be left hanging for the better part of another year once the publisher/bankruptcy stuff got sorted. While I can acknowledge that this may largley be out of anybody's control or desire, I can also simultaneously acknowledge that the situation is pretty ridiculous.

pinsam

Oct 13, 2014
Now that Xbone is to get TPA on the 26th, will the 360 crowd get their TPA back soon?

I would also like to know. I have considered buying an XONE (or a PS4). Getting just Season One doesn't seem that comforting, though.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I would also like to know. I have considered buying an XONE (or a PS4). Getting just Season One doesn't seem that comforting, though.

Supposedly, the first three seasons, in entirety, will be on the XB One upon release, if I understood the newsletter correctly.

Too bad there's still no credible information (and hasn't been for 27 months now) about the 360 version.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
They have so many 360 pins already made that it would be a huge surprise for them to just scrap them. Since so many are already made, I'm sure they will release them as soon as they can. It would be like throwing away $ not to.

utblick

Feb 14, 2013
Now that the release of Pinball Arcade for Xbox One is imminent, can we address the elephant in the room ... import/transfer from Xbox 360. Any chance of that in the near future?
The Pinball Arcade That's not the plan, we'll be back on xbox 360 soon too.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I highly doubt import will happen.

I just wonder how many have moved on to different platforms and don't even care about the 360 version.

There was a time when I was super amped about the 360 version and would have it all caught up with the other two platforms I play on, but at this point it's just another huge expense for what? I can play the steam version on my plasma screen or on my portrait monitor, so there's no real benefit to having another copy .

pinsam

Oct 13, 2014
I highly doubt import will happen.
I just wonder how many have moved on to different platforms and don't even care about the 360 version.

Well, there are people like me who enjoy the convenience of playing console games, but haven't yet moved to Next Gen because there aren't enough good games yet to warrant to purchase... I'm not saying TPA is that "killer title", so I'd be still very happy with a properly done 360 version at this point.

It does suck though that you have to "invest" in a system - meaning, you can't just re-download the games on XONE (if they ever come on 360), you have to buy them again.

utblick

Feb 14, 2013
One advantage on Xbox 360 is the stable leaderboards. No cheating and everybody has exactly the same hardware..

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
One advantage on Xbox 360 is the stable leaderboards. No cheating and everybody has exactly the same hardware..

THIS SO MUCH! Cannot wait to post scores to a trustworthily leaderboard. Hope 360 and One have a combined leaderboard.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Well, there are people like me who enjoy the convenience of playing console games, but haven't yet moved to Next Gen because there aren't enough good games yet to warrant to purchase... I'm not saying TPA is that "killer title", so I'd be still very happy with a properly done 360 version at this point.

It does suck though that you have to "invest" in a system - meaning, you can't just re-download the games on XONE (if they ever come on 360), you have to buy them again.
Moved on doesn't necessarily mean current gen (xbox1/ps4 are not next gen because they are here now and no longer the next consoles). And sure consoles are convenient I guess but not any more convenient than if you already have a pc that can handle the game. And believe me it doesn't take much of a pc to run it. My office computer at work runs it silky smooth at 1080p if I turn off post processing and stuff. I don't really get the convenient argument really. Steam has made pc games so easy to obtain and use its not even funny. Either way. I have no plans on purchasing either of the big current gen consoles. I'll be grabbing a wii u so tpa isn't even a consideration in my next hardware purchase.

When it was released I was an Xbox 360 only player. When it lulled I settled for the iOS version. Moved to android and waited for the pc version.

I'm happy with the pc version as it is and at this point I've become a lost sale on the 360. No current gen consoles necessary.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Now that TPA has launched on the Xbone, will we soon get it on the 360? Kind of messed up the MS had simultaneous launchings with two other games (Tales from the Borderlands, Geometry Wars 3), but TPA couldn't get this. What's up, MS?

Dok5555555

Nov 1, 2013
Now that TPA has launched on the Xbone, will we soon get it on the 360? Kind of messed up the MS had simultaneous launchings with two other games (Tales from the Borderlands, Geometry Wars 3), but TPA couldn't get this. What's up, MS?

Its not Microsofts decision, its Farsights. The reason the games didn't both come out is probably there are still things to be done for the 360 version, but I dont know obviously. I hope they rerelease the 360 game soon too though.

utblick

Feb 14, 2013
The Pinball Arcade We're working on 360 every day right now, we're getting there... we're just finishing the final stages of internal testing before we try to submit what we're hoping is the release build.

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
Always love it when people post info like that without linking to the source. It's rampant on this forum.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
It's from their Facebook page. It's was a response to a fan comment. Look under the Xbone release announcement if you want to read it yourself.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012

Not mad, just a little frustrated we can't get the updates yet on the 360.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Not mad, just a little frustrated we can't get the updates yet on the 360.

Ever since I got the PC version, I've not been as worried about the 360 version. I would have considered getting more tables for the 360 as a reason to dust mine off and use it again, but 27 months is entirely too long to go in between DLC releases.

This, and their "first-available" coup on the XB One have soured me on supporting Xbox-related gaming. You're obviously more patient than you have to be, and more than most.

Gigabomber

Jul 4, 2013
I think I'm done here. The game is the same price on both next gen consoles, so I'll just grit it out for another year or less until I break down and get a next gen console. No reason to pay twice. Crave and xbox policies lost this battle for us, but they are doing a much better job on the next console. Might break down and buy the base pack if it's discounted, but this is a losing battle with the xbox 360 servers shutting down in the next 13 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts