TPA Wii U version info?

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Haha, well that would be a nice treat. The good thing is that releases at Nintendo are weekly so we have four opportunities to be surprised this month.

I'm hoping we'll have access to the full slate of tables out the gate, but that might not be the case depending on what they were able to,get working for the launch.

Very excited to play on my TV and I'm rather looking forward to playing DMD tables without having the display on the TV.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
Haha, well that would be a nice treat. The good thing is that releases at Nintendo are weekly so we have four opportunities to be surprised this month.

I'm hoping we'll have access to the full slate of tables out the gate, but that might not be the case depending on what they were able to,get working for the launch.

Very excited to play on my TV and I'm rather looking forward to playing DMD tables without having the display on the TV.

So two "Days of Christmas" updates have come and went since my last (now obviously) over-optimistic post on this thread. Now I'm thinking the best case scenario is they are saving the Nintendo update for Day 12 - Monday - to tell us that we'll be ringing in the new year with TPA on Wii U on either Tuesday or Thursday (whichever it is that Nintendo actually releases new eShop games on). And the worst case scenario is that Nintendo rejected the initial submission... and we are weeks away still, and they decided against making the Nintendo update one of their "Days of Christmas" ('cause who wants to have a bummer update stinking up the "event"). We shall see.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Thursday is new download release-day in North America and Europe. If you don't already read it I recommend Nintendo Life to keep on top if this stuff as they list what's coming in advance and they review all downloads on the Nintendo platforms. Great site with a well-moderated forum and I'm not just saying that because I used to mod and write articles there!

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
From Facebook Day 11 update:
"We are on track to get the launch pack submitted to Nintendo before the end of January."

So "in the hands of Nintendo", from a previous "update", was either a lie, or more likely was something more like "hey, take a look, but no, don't bother running it though the approval process, why would you do that?"

AND it's only the launch pack they are talking about.

What happened to "as close to launch as possible?"

So no Wii U version until late Feb. at the earliest it seems. Deeply, deeply uncool. I, and many others are gonna go like 8 months or something insane without new TPA tables because I don't have an iOS device, or an Android phone, and don't want the broken PS3 version, because of this publisher/MS nonsense with the 360 version, and the complete lack of urgency at Farsight to capitalize on the Wii U market, which I think will likely be quite conducive to TPA popularity (Zen seems to think so too, and their game will undoubtedly beat TPA to market now - which may very well hurt TPA's numbers when it finally does reach Wii U), given their games have sold pretty well on Wii, and the Nintendo crowd is generally more nostalgic and less "hardcore", in the good way that means they don't think have a pinball game on their HDD will hurt their machismo "street cred" with the other Madden and COD zombies.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
From Facebook Day 11 update:
"We are on track to get the launch pack submitted to Nintendo before the end of January."

So "in the hands of Nintendo", from a previous "update", was either a lie, or more likely was something more like "hey, take a look, but no, don't bother running it though the approval process, why would you do that?"

There is a different between submission and "in the hands of Nintendo". Before we are allowed to submit anything, they have to approve the game concept, which requires them seeing a demo.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
There is a different between submission and "in the hands of Nintendo". Before we are allowed to submit anything, they have to approve the game concept, which requires them seeing a demo.

Okay sure, but it doesn't really differ much from what I posted, because the fan base took it as being submitted, and no one from FS corrected us, until now.

Is there a "X weeks" between showing them a demo and submitting the game to them required or anything? And even if there is, I really doubt it's the 4-6 or so weeks we will be talking about if you guys stay on schedule.

Last edited:

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
And technically they're still in the launch window which is until March...just saying!

Come on, no one outside of Nintendo thinks "launch" is a 5 month period. I'd bet that most people think/feel the "launch window" ends with the year, aka, today, regardless of what Nintendo and FS want to think.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
Don't get me wrong Mike & Sean, I still really want TPA on Wii U, but it feels a lot like fumbling the ball on the 1 yard line... or for Sean (Glasgow, hello), blowing a PK with the goalie totally faked out of his Adidas, right now.

Last edited:

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
I'm a bit bummed that it will only release with the 4 launch tables, but I get it... most people aren't going to instantly want to purchase 20 tables at once, so it's smarter to release them one chunk at a time. I just hope that those chunks are pretty frequent so that doesn't take months to catch up to all of the other platforms.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
I'm a bit bummed that it will only release with the 4 launch tables, but I get it... most people aren't going to instantly want to purchase 20 tables at once, so it's smarter to release them one chunk at a time. I just hope that those chunks are pretty frequent so that doesn't take months to catch up to all of the other platforms.

I would think they would want to "catch up" Wii U users to at least where the other consoles are, pretty much from the get-go. I suppose I get not having too much available on Day 1 in theory, but I for one want every damn table that they've made available on Day 1, so that I can finally get all the tables I've been missing. Besides, don't you think Zen is going to have pretty much everything available from Day 1, via their ala carte system? I wouldn't want my product to seem like the one with less to offer, especially since Zen is going to beat them to market.

Anything less than 2 packs a week (and at least one pack available on Day 1 along side the Launch pack to show people who don't already know the product that there will be DLC for it), until they are caught up, will seem absolutely glacial.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I think speed of release is likely to relate directly to sales. I too am bummed if there's only four tables at launch, but less so if you get all four for the initial outlay (as was the case for the Mac version, I think).

I should think two packs per month would catch us up pretty quickly. I'll likely continue to purchase everything on iPad and then be choosier on Wii U.

DLC is indicated by an icon in the eShop I believe. At least Warriors Orochi 3 has one (though no content).

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
From Pin Wiz's new year's update:

"• Wii U : FarSight is on track to get the launch pack submitted to Nintendo before the end of January and hopes to release The Pinball Arcade on the Wii U before Zen Pinball 2!

FarSight is still examining their options with Add-On content for the Wii U. Their ultimate goal is to get the Table Add-On Packs caught up with the other plaforms, though this may not happen on day one."

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Yeah I just read that and if true I'll be we'll-impressed - especially if there's a simultaneous European release! So "launch pack" just means initial release, which isn't necessarily the same as the launch pack for every other platform. If they have nearly all DLC available at launch and it comes out before Zen that would be amazing!

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
Yeah I just read that and if true I'll be we'll-impressed - especially if there's a simultaneous European release! So "launch pack" just means initial release, which isn't necessarily the same as the launch pack for every other platform. If they have nearly all DLC available at launch and it comes out before Zen that would be amazing!

What I'm wondering is, I know Zen didn't get their game out in Dec. like they said they would in their announcement trailer, but did they actually announce a delay, or are they just a little behind? It seems to me that TPA only has a chance of beating Zen2 to market if Zen delayed it pretty big (at least for a DL game).

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Zen's last update (via Twitter, no less) was that they missed the December release and it would be out in January. It's possible Pinball Arcade could beat it, but I think releasing in the same month would be pretty cool.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
Zen's last update (via Twitter, no less) was that they missed the December release and it would be out in January. It's possible Pinball Arcade could beat it, but I think releasing in the same month would be pretty cool.

I don't know how likely that is. If Nintendo's approval process is anything like the other guys, which I'm sure everyone hopes it's not, FS would have about a week to get TPA submitted to have any hope of a late Jan. release, and since they're saying late Jan. for the submission... but, I too would love to somehow see it happen.

Thanks for the update on Zen, BTW.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts