TPA Wii U version info?

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Such pessimists, Nintendo Life always publishes the downloads in advance and we haven't seen what's coming next week yet...

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Not trying to be pessimistic...just trying to be real. Don't you think it would have been posted here first before Nintendo Life gets it?! I mean this is where they get their info from regarding TPA anyways?! I would be very surprised if we got a something next week. Now if we got an announcement next week of when TPA comes, then I wouldn't be all that surprised. Just plain out getting TPA next week seems unlikely now as we would have heard something. We got absolutely nothing in the January newsletter, so yeah I'm sticking to no releases for TPA's Wii U version until Feb and so on. Sorry!

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
No, I don't expect it either, but still you never know. And Nintendo Life gets a press release from Nintendo which lists the releases for the next week, so I'd definitely trust that more than a developer - see Zen and their claim to be out before the end of January which I equally doubt!

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
No, I don't expect it either, but still you never know. And Nintendo Life gets a press release from Nintendo which lists the releases for the next week, so I'd definitely trust that more than a developer - see Zen and their claim to be out before the end of January which I equally doubt!

Oh I see. FarSight has already gave Nintendo the game and FarSight is waiting for Nintendo for a confirmed date. Definitely not like the other 2 (Sony and Microsoft). As far as Zen is concerned...it's still in the air. We're hoping something comes out next week. Can't say for sure though.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Well good news. Zen actually held to their word with a January release date...for the EU that is. So that's great news for you, Sean! January 31 is the release date. As for North America...it's coming soon. Now let's hope that TPA will follow suit.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Fab, I'll be downloading for sure Thursday. Whether or not I'll want to spend any actual money is another question!

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
...so Zen is coming before TPA. Big shock (insert deadpan face graphic). Hey, FS, what happened to "hoping to beat Zen to market" or whatever that was from PinWiz's last update about the Wii U version?

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
How will Pinball Arcade handle DLC, I wonder? Or kickstarter rewards for that matter? I ask because Zen Pinball 2 released in Europe yesterday. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet because I wanted to download some demos. There is no way to do this in-app, though there are packs visible. Zen decided not to include the demo code in the app itself and there's no ability to purchase DLC in-app so when you choose the preview or buy options you get a screen saying "download demos from eShop" or "buy tables from eShop" (I'm paraphrasing).

You can go to the eShop from the Home menu, but you need to then tap the DLC button, then choose which demo or table packs you want to download/purchase with a limit of five. There's 26 tables, only twelve or sixteen of which are in packs so you'll be going back to the eShop a lot if you want all of them. I had an estimate of 9min. to download these which actually turned out to be 40min. so I ended up going to bed. Bear in mind I have an 18Mbps download fibre-to-the-cabinet broadband connection and I had earlier downloaded a 1.5GB iOS 6.1 update to both my iPhone and iPad in a couple of hours. I imagine Nintendo's bandwidth/server capacity is to blame there, but I don't get the five DLC item limit (again this could be Nintendo's doing).

In any event it's clear DLC isn't being handled as well as it is for iOS (and actually not even compared to the Wii). I really think Zen should at least have included some demos with the download code. At least now I can queue up more demo downloads whilst I try out what I've got. Hopefully Pinball Arcade will be a little slicker!

Last edited:

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Sucks. As much as Zen doesn't thrill me it's very playable and some pinball on the Wii U is better than no pinball on the Wii U.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
From Pin Wiz's newest general updates post:
• Following a small delay, FarSight plans on submitting the Wii U version to NOA and NOE very soon.

...so still not even submitted...:(

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
So anyone got a bet on if TPA gets finally, really, officially, no head fakes or take-backs, submitted to Nintendo before the month (Feb) ends?

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
I'm not betting anything with FarSight. Not to come off as rude statement at all. Things happen and obviously dates change. So at this point, I'm just waiting. I'm not as excited as I was last month for it, however I will still support the Wii U version to the fullest.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I suspect there are more issues to sort out relating to the way DLC works on the Wii U than may have been anticipated. I think if they get it submitted by the end of this month there's a very good chance we'll see it in March which isn't too bad. Once Pinball Arcade is on my Wii U I expect I'll be playing a lot less Zen!

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
I suspect there are more issues to sort out relating to the way DLC works on the Wii U than may have been anticipated. I think if they get it submitted by the end of this month there's a very good chance we'll see it in March which isn't too bad. Once Pinball Arcade is on my Wii U I expect I'll be playing a lot less Zen!

I see it the other way around for me. I will probably play more Zen than Pinball Arcade. Well...I don't discriminate against the 2 pinball giants. I play them both extensively. I just like Zen a bit more than TPA.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
so... no update that says TPA has been submitted to Nintendo (unless I missed it), much less released, and no Zen in February either, despite the Nintendo Direct saying it would be... yeah... :(

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
so... no update that says TPA has been submitted to Nintendo (unless I missed it), much less released, and no Zen in February either, despite the Nintendo Direct saying it would be... yeah... :(

Yeah there were some unhappy folks there at Zen. I'm not going to lie, I was unhappy too. It was no fault of Zen though. NoA seems to be the one dropping the ball here. I hope TPA and Zen can drop this month. Now I currently have $74.40 in my wallet ready to be spent on both pinball giants.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.