Bug Very poor audio quality on PS4 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeedleBanger

Dec 10, 2013
That's very true, the audio is poor for the most part. I read somewhere it's because (basically) all pinball machines we in mono. It would be unreal if they upgraded the sound to hi-fi stereo with bass & controller vibration for when the ball hits the bumpers and stuff.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
That's very true, the audio is poor for the most part. I read somewhere it's because (basically) all pinball machines we in mono. It would be unreal if they upgraded the sound to hi-fi stereo with bass & controller vibration for when the ball hits the bumpers and stuff.

There's more to it than that. The ps4 version sounds way worse than the ps3/xbox360/PC versions. Farsight have confirmed that it's a bug, it's using the mobile sound files rather than the better quality ps4 sound files.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

You don't need stereo to have good bass. Many pinball machines had some really good deep bass.

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
Any update on patch ETA for sound. When playing at night using headphones it takes away form game.

BlueMarble

Oct 25, 2012
I'm looking forward to the patch for the low quality sound. The game plays great on PS4, so the full quality sound files will be a welcome patch! Thanks for the hard work, Farsight!

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
On Facebook (May 14 at 10:41am)

The Pinball Arcade:

We have been working on the sound for the last couple weeks... it shouldn't be too much longer before that update is out. Leaderboards are on the way, we haven't heard back from sony regarding the EU release delay yet.

John Mayor:

A couple of weeks? How long does it take to replace the sounds? I thought FS said they accidentally used the mobile version of the sounds, meaning they already had the correct sounds recorded and ready.

The Pinball Arcade:

They still had to be replaced and tested, it's not just "swap and hope everything worked"

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Good news.

We need more dlc. Bk2000, who Dunnit, high speed and junkyard 4 pack. Pleassssseeeee guy zzzzzz.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Good news.

We need more dlc. Bk2000, who Dunnit, high speed and junkyard 4 pack. Pleassssseeeee guy zzzzzz.

Agreed. I always seem to get the game system that winds up getting shafted on Pinball Arcade DLC.
No complaints about the PC version, especially since I won't have to wait until next year for season 2 on PS4 or 2016 for LCA and Diner.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
On Facebook (May 14 at 10:41am)

The Pinball Arcade:

We have been working on the sound for the last couple weeks... it shouldn't be too much longer before that update is out. Leaderboards are on the way, we haven't heard back from sony regarding the EU release delay yet.

John Mayor:

A couple of weeks? How long does it take to replace the sounds? I thought FS said they accidentally used the mobile version of the sounds, meaning they already had the correct sounds recorded and ready.

The Pinball Arcade:

They still had to be replaced and tested, it's not just "swap and hope everything worked"

So they have know about their broken sound for 6 months now, but they've only been working on the fix for the past couple weeks?
That pretty much sums up how little Farsight cares about their customers right there.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
So they have know about their broken sound for 6 months now, but they've only been working on the fix for the past couple weeks?
That pretty much sums up how little Farsight cares about their customers right there.

*sigh* I hate to say it but, yeah that's exactly how I feel too.

Ps4 could potentially be a breakout hit for them. It's early, you've got a growing base hungry for new games, you're one of the only FTP games on the system, 9.0 review from ign, and a demo in stores yet they botch achievements, little support in over 6 months, persisting bugs and issues. You get what you put in Farsight.

Zen has advertisement, pinball arcade, not even for the dlc. People probably have no idea it's even available. Totally missing an opportunity here to build a large base of customers.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

Ps4 could potentially be a breakout hit for them. It's early, you've got a growing base hungry for new games, you're one of the only FTP games on the system, 9.0 review from ign, and a demo in stores yet they botch achievements, little support in over 6 months, persisting bugs and issues. You get what you put in Farsight.

Zen has advertisement, pinball arcade, not even for the dlc. People probably have no idea it's even available. Totally missing an opportunity here to build a large base of customers.

TPA must not be selling on the PS4. If it were, we would be close to a fix by now. I just feel for our friends dealing with Sony EU.

Between this and FarSight's exclisivity deal with M$ (a corporation which, oh by the way, effed them on the 360 version), my interest in console versions (or even consoles for that matter) is gone.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
What you guys are saying is so true. If the PS4 version was a little more polished it would probably sell much, much better. If you look at the stats on people that played the free table on PS4 versus those that played any paid tables the latter is a fairly small percentage. Sadly, a lot of people are trying the free table and not deciding to buy any more.

magicmisery

Apr 24, 2014

They definitely do care. You can tell as they post on here often. It's been said alot before, it's just all FAR to much for them at this point. So many tables, so many platforms and sooo many bugs.
I been reading this forum for about a year and a half and have seen there are some very clever hardcore fans, who I'm sure would be more than willing to help in any way they could for little, or nothing but their love for the game.

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013

The truly sad part is, we all pretty much called this out before the PS4 version even launched. A golden opportunity, wasted. Even the screen shot they used for the disc-based version was terrible looking, all jagged edges and artifacts. Total marketing FAIL.

At this point, there is ZERO sense in "upgrading" (I use that term extremely loosely) to a PS4 if TPA is one of your core games. After the Mega-Patch for the PS3, it's actually a downgrade IMO. With half the DLC available. Just... inexcusable.

I literally bought another real pin with the money I would have spent on a PS4 and TPA (if it were any good or compelled me to upgrade in any way). MUCH better investment!! :)

Apparently, nobody told FS that doing one or two things exceptionally well, and defining your product with quality, is a better business model than half-assing a dozen projects at the same time to "cover all your bases" and try to capture a wider market segment (in a crazy, geeked out niche like pinball). If they would slow down, and ensure some quality instead of releasing bug-filled messes, the pinball community would have a much more favorable opinion of the game, and sales would likely increase. Problem as I see it, is they are shooting for "general public acceptance" and mobile downloads - instead of putting out a product that appeals to true pin-heads. So this is what you get - tons of crappy tables, fragmentation across multiple platforms, and an overwhelming problem that is growing almost "too large to fix" because they can't make any money fixing what's already been "bought". Only way to create revenue is to release more tables - which leaves them with more bugs, on more platforms... and the cycle continues. A big ole mess, indeed!! :/

The Great Cornholio

Apr 5, 2014
The truly sad part is, we all pretty much called this out before the PS4 version even launched. A golden opportunity, wasted. Even the screen shot they used for the disc-based version was terrible looking, all jagged edges and artifacts. Total marketing FAIL.

At this point, there is ZERO sense in "upgrading" (I use that term extremely loosely) to a PS4 if TPA is one of your core games. After the Mega-Patch for the PS3, it's actually a downgrade IMO. With half the DLC available. Just... inexcusable.

I literally bought another real pin with the money I would have spent on a PS4 and TPA (if it were any good or compelled me to upgrade in any way). MUCH better investment!! :)

Apparently, nobody told FS that doing one or two things exceptionally well, and defining your product with quality, is a better business model than half-assing a dozen projects at the same time to "cover all your bases" and try to capture a wider market segment (in a crazy, geeked out niche like pinball). If they would slow down, and ensure some quality instead of releasing bug-filled messes, the pinball community would have a much more favorable opinion of the game, and sales would likely increase. Problem as I see it, is they are shooting for "general public acceptance" and mobile downloads - instead of putting out a product that appeals to true pin-heads. So this is what you get - tons of crappy tables, fragmentation across multiple platforms, and an overwhelming problem that is growing almost "too large to fix" because they can't make any money fixing what's already been "bought". Only way to create revenue is to release more tables - which leaves them with more bugs, on more platforms... and the cycle continues. A big ole mess, indeed!! :/

So true! Management by Chaos at its best...

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

At this point, there is ZERO sense in "upgrading" (I use that term extremely loosely) to a PS4 if TPA is one of your core games. After the Mega-Patch for the PS3, it's actually a downgrade IMO. With half the DLC available. Just... inexcusable.[END QUOTE]

I've got a PS4 (which I no longer want, thanks FarSight!), and an Xbox 360 (we'll get DLC umm....when?). Good on you for not upgrading to the PS4-very lacking thus far. I'm only sticking to the PC version for now-and not the PRO version.

I've trimmed down your quote, but just thought of the point you've made about the only way to create revenue is to release more tables. What good does it do when FarSight (maybe OverSight is a more befitting name) can't release tables on Xbox 360 or PS4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.