Bug Very poor audio quality on PS4 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I agree with both of you guys on all points.

I got the ps4 for pinball arcade. While I am getting all the 360 dlc, I am still keeping the ps4 and the game.

The new lighting alone is a feature I've wanted since day 1, so I can't go back to the single lighting scheme and besides, nuetral and dark both look far better than the last gen versions hit or miss graphics. I really can't play T2 and Twilight Zone in shades of peach and purple. So for that reason alone I'm keeping the ps4.

On the bright side though, in July season 2 will be out and more of season 3. In fact by then it will be nearly caught up. Still, a ways off tho, but just trying to be positive.

In the meantime, enjoy summer :)

Last edited:

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
Seems that once the Sound issue is fixed, they really need to talk to Sony about being a PSN game of the month and offering some tables up for free (Like the first pack with 4 tables), so they can increase there sales down the track and get people who may have tried previously to have another go at the game with fixed sound. That said, I'm in Australia so haven't even got any of the season 3 tables yet.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I agree with both of you guys on all points.

I got the ps4 for pinball arcade. While I am getting all the 360 dlc, I am still keeping the ps4 and the game.

The new lighting alone is a feature I've wanted since day 1, so I can't go back to the single lighting scheme and besides, nuetral and dark both look far better than the last gen versions hit or miss graphics. I really can't play T2 and Twilight Zone in shades of peach and purple. So for that reason alone I'm keeping the ps4.

On the bright side though, in July season 2 will be out and more of season 3. In fact by then it will be nearly caught up. Still, a ways off tho, but just trying to be positive.

In the meantime, enjoy summer :)

It would be great if season 2 were released in July. But the Xbox One version hasn't even submitted. The PS4 wont even see season 2 until at least one month until after it's on the Xbox One. It took nearly five months for the first batch of season 3 tables to even appear-and there's no sign of even those in Europe.

I applaud your efforts to be positive, but if you're a fan of TPA, it's no easy task, given FarSight's track record. Especially if all you own is a console.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
5 months have passed since I started this thread....sigh. My PS4 continues to gather dust when it comes to TPA.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
5 months have passed since I started this thread....sigh. My PS4 continues to gather dust when it comes to TPA.

Do they have Swiffer dusters in the UK? These are great for dusting unused electronics!

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Today, from their Facebook: "We're still testing the patch that fixes sound and has the next table packs in it"

That could still take a bit of time-especially once you factor in the submission. Even longer for Europe if recent history is any indication.

At least this grating sound issue is finally being addressed. It's embarrassing when smartphones have better sound than a top-tier game console.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Not bad considering they originally said the bad sound was just an incorrect flag in the build that included the mobile sound banks instead of the console ones. If that was true it should have taken approximately 30 seconds to fix it.

This is one reason they get such a bad reputation. Either the problem WAS simple and should have been fixed MONTHS ago, or what we were told was wrong and shouldn't have been said. Either way it just makes them out to be utterly incompetent.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Not bad considering they originally said the bad sound was just an incorrect flag in the build that included the mobile sound banks instead of the console ones. If that was true it should have taken approximately 30 seconds to fix it.

This is one reason they get such a bad reputation. Either the problem WAS simple and should have been fixed MONTHS ago, or what we were told was wrong and shouldn't have been said. Either way it just makes them out to be utterly incompetent.

Which is why most devs and publishers just don't say anything.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Which is why most devs and publishers just don't say anything.

I don't know any other dev that would ever let such an obvious bug get through in the first place though. You literally can tell the second the game has booted up, how can you miss that?

Then again, I don't even like the mobile sounds ON the mobile, I would opt for full quality on all platforms personally - but I can understand why people without expandable memory on their phones/tablets would want to save space.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Supposed to be fixed in the next update, not bad....only 6 months so far!:confused:

BlueMarble

Oct 25, 2012
Do you think we'll see the sound fixed in the month of June? I sure hope so. It has gotten to the point that I don't even play the PS4 version because the sound is so bad. I can't wait until it is fixed!

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
FS on FB: "Europe gets BR and FT on the 18th of this month, BK2K, Whodunnit, High Speed, AND Junk Yard, will be in the next psn release in EU and US" -- Is there a release date for that? -- "not yet."

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
FS on FB: "Europe gets BR and FT on the 18th of this month, BK2K, Whodunnit, High Speed, AND Junk Yard, will be in the next psn release in EU and US" -- Is there a release date for that? -- "not yet."

We'll probably not see anything until August at the earliest. Hopefully the sound patch doesn't elude this update.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts