What time will TZ be out and is EU PSN getting it today?

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
FarSight never said this at any time. They merely stated that if you wanted to play new tables as soon as possible, you would need an Android or iOS device since Apple and Google approvals will always be quicker than Sony and Microsoft approvals. The Pinball Arcade and all tables are native to the Xbox 360.

I never stated that they said it, I said that they "made it clear." Their actions have made it seem, to me, that the consoles are an after thought and not their main priority. I'm not referring to approval process of DLC. I am referring to the fact that more new features are added for mobiles while consoles still don't have Tournaments.

The fact that console kickstarters are not even getting their codes early enough to enjoy the table with everyone else is also, to me, a spit in the face.

spin it however you want, but there is a huge disparity between phones and consoles that goes far beyond the approval process.

monty22001

Dec 28, 2012
It looks like a strategic decision to put priority on phones/tablets. I'd say that is very clear. The others are probably considered 'legacy' by now.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Yes, it's a big anti-console conspiracy. Farsight also helped fake the moon landings, and I'm pretty sure Bobby King was seen on the grassy knoll.

monty22001

Dec 28, 2012
It's no conspiracy but I think the business decisions are intuitively obvious. Which get the latest releases? How long are the consoles behind? 3 months? 6 months? It's not like they can't do them technically. They're looking at a growing segment of the market and putting their resources there.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
They also don't have to write a huge check or go through a month long approval process for mobile. If the consoles want to remain relevant through the next console cycle, they to revise their DLC process that favors the big publishing studios and makes things difficult for smaller independent studios.

monty22001

Dec 28, 2012
How much do they have to pay per table on PSN? I know there's a delay, but what is the actual up front cost per DLC?

Fearmonkey

Dec 2, 2012
It probably varies, but the developer of Fez stated that a patch would cost $40,000 to submit to MS.

It's different on PSN. I think they just have to pay a network load fee or something based on how many downloads they expect to get. Don't quote me on that though. Getting my info second-hand. :p

monty22001

Dec 28, 2012
MS wanting that much is a lot, for sure, but I guess it's to filter out the junk. If they only had it as a percent of purchases, PSN/Xbox would be filled with endless crap.

However. I do think that shouldn't be a barrier to business. I think iOS/Android probably make it a lot easier and there's obviously endlessly more junk on them. It's a bit of an interesting business scenario.

I would think PSN/MS would, after the game is legit, maybe just do a % on DLCs after the game is proven instead of needing x dollars to post.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
"This is Bobby King from FarSight Studios, the makers of the Pinball Arcade for PS3 and PS Vita. We are super excited to announce that today, thanks to our fans, we’ll be releasing our re-creation of one of the greatest pinball tables ever – Twilight Zone!

With the help of the pinball legend Roger Sharpe, who did the original table’s licensing deal for Williams/Bally, we were able to get the CBS-owned rights to the TV show. This deal was too expensive for us to make the numbers work, though. We would have lost money with the number of sales we were projecting. But thanks to our players and pinball fans all around the world who chipped in through Kickstarter.com – we got the extra money that we needed to make the deal for the Twilight Zone IP!"

[click on link for the rest]

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/05/pinball-arcade-twilight-zone-table-out-today/

This little nugget in there:

+ Bobby King on February 5th, 2013 at 12:59 pm said:
Sorry about the tournament ending a few hours early. We set the tournament server clock to Pacific time, but it somehow got reset over the weekend.
Stereoscopic 3D support is in the works. We hope to debut it next month in Texas.

Last edited:

monty22001

Dec 28, 2012
Yep, it's up now!

Edit: Well, it shows on the main menu lol. Can't buy it yet.

Edit again, that was the Pro table that went nowhere. Regular seems to go.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
They also don't have to write a huge check or go through a month long approval process for mobile. If the consoles want to remain relevant through the next console cycle, they to revise their DLC process that favors the big publishing studios and makes things difficult for smaller independent studios.

hi, this is the playstation 3 forum.. the microsoft forum is that-a-way

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.