What time will TZ be out and is EU PSN getting it today?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Go to http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and log in with your PSN iD. Go to account settings and then "Manage Devices".

There you will be able to see how many devices you have attached to your system and which media is authorized for each device (Games, Music, Video). From there you can choose to "Deactivate All" and bingo, you now two free slots available for new PS3's to be associated with your PSN iD. As you are doing this online, it doesn't matter that the consoles in question no longer work. I can testify that this works as I have done it myself with two PSN iDs after my Phat died.

A couple of caveats though; you can only do this once every 6 months (though you can deactivate working devices as often as you like on the PS3 itself).
Singstar purchases won't be redownloadable as they don't show in your purchase history. For that you have to call Sony and explain the situation, they then pass on the matter to the DRM management team who will then "Unlock" the songs. They send you an email about a week later to let you know that you can now redownload any songs you purchased (to one PS3 only). Again, I have first hand experience of this.

It is a similar process for films purchased on the PSN, though here you may find it more difficult. When you buy a film on the PS3 you have technically only bought it for viewing on that device. A friend of mine had to do rather a lot of haggling with Sony Helpline in order to get his films unlocked from his broken console so he could put them on his new PS3 superslim. It took a few phonecalls and some negotiation but they did it for him in the end, while warning him that it was a one time gesture of good will. Moral of the tale; for customers... don't buy films from the PSN.... and for Sony.... Wake up to the modern age or loose out to other companies.

I hope all of this is some help. Enjoy having all your games back :D

What does it mean if there is only music listed under authorized media? It shows 5 PS3s. The three that I currently own, one that is dead and a friend's that I've logged onto a while ago. I thought that under media I would be able to figure out which ones my PS+ is authorized to use.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.