What time will TZ be out and is EU PSN getting it today?

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I called sony and they wouldnt help. I tried to explain to them that I cant de-activate because they died and I wasnt aware this problem would be a much BIGGER problem than not being able to buy new games with my account or even download demos.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
My fault and karma...I bought a new PS3 put dead one in NEW box and returned it for full BEST BUY store credit! games and whatever else, so i really did spend the money I just didnt have to buy a NEW PS3 and thats all.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I know how there are. I had that problem in the past.
The link I added in above will sort it out though. It's is a feature they added somewhat recently when they cut the amount of PlayStations you could have active down from 5 to 2.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Wait wait there's a limit to how many PSN games you can buy? : o

No, you can buy as much as you want. There is a limit to how many PlayStations you can download them to though. You are only allowed to have your purchased downloads on 2 activated PlayStations at once.
And if your PS3 dies it was quite a pain to talk Sony into deactivating them until they added they deactivation on the site.

monty22001

Dec 28, 2012
Lord Byron,

Yep, original old skool fat model. I just grabbed a later model front loader. We'll see. I was surprised at how difficult it was to upgrade the HD in it to mine. Couldn't just pop in the old HD. Had to download the latest firmware to a USB and then format. At least this new ps3 will only have my account. But lordy, took a long time of fighting just to get it going. The old 2007 era fat box would let you upgrade to a new HD without any probs.

I had to bum this one.. But right now I don't want to buy a new PS3 with the 4 on the way.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Darn... out of $ on my PSN account; going to get a new card tomorrow (they will NEVER get by CC info). 2.07 was a definite step forward in gameplay, so I'm going to put my money where my mouth is. Hopefully we'll see the latest DLC sooner than mid/end March :-(

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Can you demo all tables on PS3 like you do on mobile devices? Or is it like X360, where you can't get the game itself without paying for the initial 4 tables, and then have to buy the DLC packs before you can even try them out?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Can you demo all tables on PS3 like you do on mobile devices? Or is it like X360, where you can't get the game itself without paying for the initial 4 tables, and then have to buy the DLC packs before you can even try them out?

PS3 TPA is like the 360 in those regards, yes.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Meh, I'll hold out a little longer then. Don't feel like paying for the game again, considering the issues with flipper lag, people have been talking about.

Mar 9, 2012
I called sony and they wouldnt help. I tried to explain to them that I cant de-activate because they died and I wasnt aware this problem would be a much BIGGER problem than not being able to buy new games with my account or even download demos.

Every 6 months you can de-activate all consoles tied to the account on the sony account website..

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Lord Byron,

Yep, original old skool fat model. I just grabbed a later model front loader. We'll see. I was surprised at how difficult it was to upgrade the HD in it to mine. Couldn't just pop in the old HD. Had to download the latest firmware to a USB and then format. At least this new ps3 will only have my account. But lordy, took a long time of fighting just to get it going. The old 2007 era fat box would let you upgrade to a new HD without any probs.

I had to bum this one.. But right now I don't want to buy a new PS3 with the 4 on the way.

Its not the model its the version of the PS3 firmware. At a certain point Sony had to change the firmware update so that some of it resided on the HDD. With the old firmware versions you could swap HDD's and just go because the firmware was in persistent memory on the PS3 itself. With the new firmware versions, once you take out the HDD you've taken out a critical part of the firmware. That is why the need to have the firmware on a USB drive. Sony also puts a new version of the firmware on some of their self published games but I think its easier just to download and put it on a USB drive. If you were to put a new HDD on an old fatty today you'd have to do the USB drive firmware update procedure but if you did it a few years ago you did not.

monty22001

Dec 28, 2012
Its not the model its the version of the PS3 firmware. At a certain point Sony had to change the firmware update so that some of it resided on the HDD. With the old firmware versions you could swap HDD's and just go because the firmware was in persistent memory on the PS3 itself. With the new firmware versions, once you take out the HDD you've taken out a critical part of the firmware. That is why the need to have the firmware on a USB drive. Sony also puts a new version of the firmware on some of their self published games but I think its easier just to download and put it on a USB drive. If you were to put a new HDD on an old fatty today you'd have to do the USB drive firmware update procedure but if you did it a few years ago you did not.

Well, I did do an HD on the fatty that just died about 2 weeks ago and it had the latest firmware. I didn't have to mess with the USB thing. Was totally plug and play.

Neil L

Aug 5, 2012
It's out now in the UK

I've just downloaded it.

£3.99 basic table
£6.49 pro table
£1.59 custom ball

Hopefully they'll fix this bug soon:

Finish one game, go to start another and a score pops up showing zero points. Once that screen clears, the buttons for a new game appear, but the table is actually running. Push to start, and now you are playing a 2 player game. If you back out before starting, to the table select menu, and then go back in, all is normal again.

Last edited:

iCub

Oct 8, 2012

Go to http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and log in with your PSN iD. Go to account settings and then "Manage Devices".

There you will be able to see how many devices you have attached to your system and which media is authorized for each device (Games, Music, Video). From there you can choose to "Deactivate All" and bingo, you now two free slots available for new PS3's to be associated with your PSN iD. As you are doing this online, it doesn't matter that the consoles in question no longer work. I can testify that this works as I have done it myself with two PSN iDs after my Phat died.

A couple of caveats though; you can only do this once every 6 months (though you can deactivate working devices as often as you like on the PS3 itself).
Singstar purchases won't be redownloadable as they don't show in your purchase history. For that you have to call Sony and explain the situation, they then pass on the matter to the DRM management team who will then "Unlock" the songs. They send you an email about a week later to let you know that you can now redownload any songs you purchased (to one PS3 only). Again, I have first hand experience of this.

It is a similar process for films purchased on the PSN, though here you may find it more difficult. When you buy a film on the PS3 you have technically only bought it for viewing on that device. A friend of mine had to do rather a lot of haggling with Sony Helpline in order to get his films unlocked from his broken console so he could put them on his new PS3 superslim. It took a few phonecalls and some negotiation but they did it for him in the end, while warning him that it was a one time gesture of good will. Moral of the tale; for customers... don't buy films from the PSN.... and for Sony.... Wake up to the modern age or loose out to other companies.

I hope all of this is some help. Enjoy having all your games back :D

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.