Zaccaria Pinball - Star God (1980) Bugs & Feedback

Vyrastas

Mar 26, 2013
It's not as easy as on a real table, but in principle it works:

(To be honest, it took a few minutes to get it right, and sorry for the bad lighting.;))

I don't think you should have to resort to that method to make a backhand shot. This has been a flipper or physics issue for several months now. It really need to be fixed.

LOL I didn't think of doing it that way, but I agree with Kolchak, I shouldn't have to go to such lengths to do the shot. :)

Along those lines, is it even possible to tilt these tables? I nudge the crap out of it and it never tilts.

in the real world any decent arcade operator would put tape and and out of order sign over the coin slot. At least in days gone by they did.

Sadly this doesn't seem to happen in the locations I've been to recently, even after I tell them something is wrong with the table.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
I don't think you should have to resort to that method to make a backhand shot. This has been a flipper or physics issue for several months now. It really need to be fixed.

I just tried on my StarGod (real machine). It is impossible to backhand the special target as the star post is in the way. It's fully restored and plays like new :)

what I do miss is the tap shot to the multiplier targets... Because the only safe shot from the right flipper is the left loop ;)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I just tried on my StarGod (real machine). It is impossible to backhand the special target as the star post is in the way. It's fully restored and plays like new :)

I didn't mean this shot specifically. I just meant any backhand shot in general. Nearly impossible from a trapped ball to hit a shot that doesn't go to the other side of the table.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Ah, ok, my bad... I thought its about this machine specifically. I've been playing Zac way too less :)

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
I didn't mean this shot specifically. I just meant any backhand shot in general. Nearly impossible from a trapped ball to hit a shot that doesn't go to the other side of the table.

But isn't that how it works? You can't really shoot a backhand straight from a cradled ball. You need to have some momentum of the ball working in your favor to pull off a backhand?

Here are a few more backhands during a normal game: (iPad 1+ a cheap casio(ex-7) point and shoot)

Again, sorry for the bad camera work.

Vyrastas

Mar 26, 2013
But isn't that how it works? You can't really shoot a backhand straight from a cradled ball. You need to have some momentum of the ball working in your favor to pull off a backhand?

What I was talking about is something like this:

This doesn't work in Zaccaria Pinball.

Granted, it's not as useful due to the design of the Zac tables, but still... it's a basic pinball move I expect to be able to do, especially when the simulation is based on a real table.

Last edited:

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
It works that way on 'Hot Wheels', but it's not as powerful(obviously, because 70's) as in the video above.
The other Zac tables are not as easy because of physics. The ball bounces off the post that is in the way.
I can't see how a consistent simulation can be improved by adding something that doesn't follow the rules of the simulation.

And again, backhands are possible in all other situations.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Just discovered some new bugs regarding the top drop target bank:
left inlane roll over clears the left most target when lit. So does the right inlane for the right most target.
Drop target do reset at start of each game, BUT go back to the state they were before the ball drained. This is because star god remembers the already shot targets for each player. Even if it's only a single player game.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Just discovered some new bugs regarding the top drop target bank:
left inlane roll over clears the left most target when lit. So does the right inlane for the right most target.
Drop target do reset at start of each game, BUT go back to the state they were before the ball drained. This is because star god remembers the already shot targets for each player. Even if it's only a single player game.
Thanks! I have scripted it, this change will be in the next update.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
+1

And the spinner is not lit from the start of the game, only when you hit a slingshot first.

Seems the stargod update slipped through... ;)

On a side note: where do the GI light animations origin from? The lights are hard wired to +6V - there is no attract mode whatsoever, nor do the rollover GI lamps cycle.

The only animated lights (above the playfield) are the two behind the special (behind the blue drop targets),
Lights in the posts that hold the two spinners - in both cases both of the pairs act simultaneously... and the multiplier lights.

If your machine really switches off the lights in the slingshots when the slingshots fire, you have a loose connection :) some soldering will fix it ;)

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Ahhhh. Finally, a playable game with working kickers in the upper playfield. This was a real pooper without them. :)

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
To Zsolt, when the ball hits the top left and right hand kickers and the mushroom shaped bumper, i notice that the rubbers of the bumpers on the lower playfield are reacting at the same time.

Also when these rubbers are stretching in and out they seem to be pretty loose, cause they stretch out quite a lot.

Actually it seems the gameplay in general on this table seems abit "loose", there is less "tightness" in ball movement and its interaction with flippers & bumpers compared to other tables.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
9a3e5a4u.jpg

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
So refering to the picture, when the ball hits the kickers @ the arrows, at the same moment the bumpers on the low hand side of the table above the flippers react by the rubbers who are stretching in and out.

night

May 18, 2012
^
Yes, confirmed, when the ball hits the upper slingshots the lower slingshots react as well.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
To Zsolt, the bumpers which are marked by the arrows on the picture arent working properly after the last update, theres hardly any bounce on them.

34b67087589251694d03e6edb82973e9.jpg

night

May 18, 2012
^
Yeah, I don't think they work at all right now, the ball just bounces off. Needs a fix.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.