Zaccaria Pinball - Star God (1980) Bugs & Feedback

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
rs2gCm.jpg

When plunging on Star God the table will eventually rotate and then it looks like this-->Game finished. Why can't the camera be just static?

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Wow this is a unique view and i dont see any ball on the floor lol, how did you manage to get this image ? and what device are u using ?

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Wow this is a unique view and i dont see any ball on the floor lol, how did you manage to get this image
iPad mini 2 with iOS 8.1 and regular screenshot with the iPad button. I have to plunge. It seems to happen more often after changing the camera view but it is not reproducible.

Shouldn't the new ball go diagonal over the playfield and then go through the upper S-T-A lanes?

I understand that A.S.K. doesn't have access to the real table but thinking pinball a bit :)

Last edited:

74-89

May 2, 2014
In general, I think we could use an increase in plunger force. This table and Hot Wheels, to name two, do not plunge correctly. On certain other tables, only a full force plunge will even release the ball - Time Machine is one of these. Anything less than full force and the ball will not escape from the release door onto the playfield. In cases like these, there is certainly no other option but to plunge at full force, and there goes the art of varying plunge speeds.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
In cases like these, there is certainly no other option but to plunge at full force, and there goes the art of varying plunge speeds.
Yep. Skill shots are usually impossible. On Blackbelt the start shot is scripted so that the ball will always go into the very left lane.

74-89

May 2, 2014
Yep. Skill shots are usually impossible. On Blackbelt the start shot is scripted so that the ball will always go into the very left lane.

We may be near a breakthrough on this - Star's Phoenix has a similar diagonal launch where the ball needs to go across to the other side and then up and over all the way across the top. It also changes lanes after it gets to the left side of the field, and I'm not sure how all that could work with the current plunge settings.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
rs2gCm.jpg

When plunging on Star God the table will eventually rotate and then it looks like this-->Game finished. Why can't the camera be just static?

I'm having this problem very often on this table. The ball falls to the floor and disappears on the plunge, and the view rotates 180 to accommodate the invisible ball. This has also happened to me on Magic Castle, but only a couple of times. I'm not using any special camera views, just the default.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I'm having this problem very often on this table. The ball falls to the floor and disappears on the plunge, and the view rotates 180 to accommodate the invisible ball. This has also happened to me on Magic Castle, but only a couple of times. I'm not using any special camera views, just the default.

I can confirm both.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Since I couldn't reproduce this issue I guess the sensor that defines position of the ball before launch procedure was a bad position on both above mentioned tables. Moved that sensor to a proper position, so this issue should be fixed in the next update.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Android version 1.1

With "Used Table" turned on, the white scratches texture covering the interior walls of the cabinet is displayed at a noticeably lower resolution than textures on the rest of the table:

xpbQbS.jpg

(screenshot taken with ROOM mode set to DARK)

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Zsolt, this table with "light" default settings is way too dark. It's like the table is always in the dark.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
On this table the in & outside lightning is not calibrated correctly imo, on the pic below the settings are both on full 100 % and on light room.

d6dbd766333aced537c881e93cf0bc0d.jpg

74-89

May 2, 2014
Compare the lighting on this table with that of Locomotion. Probably the most extreme example in the Zacc collection, but they look so different I have to wonder if they both can be correct? In dark mode, Locomotion appears to be about the same brightness as Star God does in light mode. Locomotion looks too bright and/or Star God looks too dark. I like the way the new lighting looks in dark mode, the colors have an almost burnt quality, but I wish there was more consistency of brightness from one table to the next.

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
On this table there is quite some slack on the Slingshot rubbers who have a negative impact on the ball when it hits it, because it seems to loose its energy when it bounces off the sling.

Also, sometimes the ball bounces off the sling, falls back on it and bounces off again with very little energy, this happens on all tables with too much slack on the slingshot rubbers.

On for instance Shooting the Rapids and Pool Champion there is a fair amount of slack on the rubbers which results in a nice & more direct bounce when the ball interacts between the slingshots.

Example on EWF below.

c25ff49f6f98b50f5211ea29d3eea65b.jpg

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hi Zsolt this picture below of a real (edit) Star god table shows that the lightning on the middle cabinet and the part on the right side where the plungerlane curves are always lit, while on the sim they only flash when the ball hits their bumper.

It would be nice when this is restored to the original because its quite dark in that area.

Also the lightning intensity of the in & outside sliders should be trimmed abit, on the pic below of the ASK sim they are both set at 100 %
( table is on light room setting )

50e96218966d2e06e29c0ac8884f7293.jpg

ab4b5b778d02d46aea011f904cf7198c.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.