Zaccaria Pinball - Star God (1980) Bugs & Feedback

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hello Zsolt the text between the two round lamps on the pic below reads something like "1000 points when lit",

but what happens is that everytime the ball hits a slingshot, one of them lights up one after the other.
984cae369eaae5ae7f3449774394c552.jpg

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Hello Zsolt the text between the two round lamps on the pic below reads something like "1000 points when lit",

but what happens is that everytime the ball hits a slingshot, one of them lights up one after the other.
984cae369eaae5ae7f3449774394c552.jpg
To tell you the truth I had no idea what thing makes those lamps lit, so I made it by slingshots.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
I have a StarGod. One (the right one) spinner is lit from the beginning. Both upper slingshots change which one is lit. If the change happens while the spinner is still moving the score drops from 1000 a spin down to 100 per spin.

A good shot to a lit spinner is about 30k.

If you'd need anything concerning rules etc. let me know.

This is what I've seen, what is completely wrong:
Playfield GI is not switchable. Which means the light animation when plunging the ball is nice, but not possible and therefore is wrong.

Only a lit left inlane drops the most left target. If it is already down, nothing happens. Right side is the same but with the most right target.

The value for the upper special target behind the drop targets cycles automatically through its values. Approx 1 second before it is hit for the first time. Second time around 0.5 sec then I guess it's 0.25 sec for the third and beyond times.

If God is spelled (3x drops), the special behind the drops gives a replay by default - I have set mine to 50k. Same is true for spelling 'star' and the right standup.

GI (two lamps btw) under the bonus x plastic should not illuminate the circles with 2x,3x, etc. there are brass tubes installed that protect them them from being illuminated other than their lamps.

Do you need a video or something?

Mario.

Last edited:

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
I have a StarGod. One (the right one) spinner is lit from the beginning. Both upper slingshots change which one is lit. If the change happens while the spinner is still moving the score drops from 1000 a spin down to 100 per spin.

A good shot to a lit spinner is about 30k.

If you'd need anything concerning rules etc. let me know.

This is what I've seen, what is completely wrong:
Playfield GI is not switchable. Which means the light animation when plunging the ball is nice, but not possible and therefore is wrong.

Only a lit left inlane drops the most left target. If it is already down, nothing happens. Right side is the same but with the most right target.

The value for the upper special target behind the drop targets cycles automatically through its values. Approx 1 second before it is hit for the first time. Second time around 0.5 sec then I guess it's 0.25 sec for the third and beyond times.

If God is spelled (3x drops), the special behind the drops gives a replay by default - I have set mine to 50k. Same is true for spelling 'star' and the right standup.

GI (two lamps btw) under the bonus x plastic should not illuminate the circles with 2x,3x, etc. there are brass tubes installed that protect them them from being illuminated other than their lamps.

Do you need a video or something?

Mario.
Thanks for detailed response!

No, I don't need a video because almost every feedback of yours is clear to me except one. I don't understand that timing thing of upper special target. Could you explain it other way?

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
For the timing thing: I was wrong. I just opened my StarGod...

The values automatically circle counter clock wise. Even in attract mode. When you hit the start button, the current displayed value is also the start value for the game.

Once you hit the special behind the drops, nothing changes. It still rotates ccw with a 1 sec interval.

Edit:
But... If you complete the roll-over in the left loop (for s-t-a-r), its interval changes to 0.5 seconds for the special value behind the drops.

Additionally every slingshot even the lower change the lit spinner.

Sorry for the confusion;)

Last edited:

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
For the timing thing: I was wrong. I just opened my StarGod...

The values automatically circle counter clock wise. Even in attract mode. When you hit the start button, the current displayed value is also the start value for the game.

Once you hit the special behind the drops, nothing changes. It still rotates ccw with a 1 sec interval.

Edit:
But... If you complete the roll-over in the left loop (for s-t-a-r), its interval changes to 0.5 seconds for the special value behind the drops.

Additionally every slingshot even the lower change the lit spinner.

Sorry for the confusion;)
Thanks for correction!

Anyway I have found a video on my hdd about Star God table that has been recorded by us about 2 years ago. Checked it and interval time can change 3 times.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I have a few questions hopefully [MENTION=1152]Mayuh[/MENTION] can help too. The 2 star lights just above each inlane do not light during game play but do light in attract mode. Are they supposed to light? Also the special scored from the STAR rollovers then right target seems to give no extra ball. I would think it should because its difficult. Also the instruction card says 1 extra ball for Orange special and 2 replays for Red special, which one is which?

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Yes, the inlane rollovers' lights are on in my machine. When you make the inlane, the corresponding left or rightmost drop target is scored and falls down.

The rest you mentioned are settings. Not sure what the defaults are. But the manual is online at ipdb.

I've set my machine to give extra balls at 250,500 and 750k. Spelling Star doesn't give an extra ball, because it's too easy. It gives superbonus instead.

The only extraball on the play field is for scoring the special target behind the the drops for completing them 3 times (spelling GOD)

That's what worked best for me to get a decent balance between difficulty and fun...

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Thanks ^ interesting about the inlanes knocking out a drop target. Also STAR must be way easier in real life :p

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Thanks ^ interesting about the inlanes knocking out a drop target. Also STAR must be way easier in real life :p

Well, the only safe shot with the right flipper is the left orbit to the bumper area (making the 'R') and hope to get to the rollovers on top. You can backhand the left spinner from the right flipper, but it's tight... So basically it's lit spinner all day from the left and left orbit from the right. And nudge like a pro to avoid sdtm drains ;)

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Well, the only safe shot with the right flipper is the left orbit to the bumper area (making the 'R') and hope to get to the rollovers on top. You can backhand the left spinner from the right flipper, but it's tight... So basically it's lit spinner all day from the left and left orbit from the right. And nudge like a pro to avoid sdtm drains ;)

Yeah as simple as the game plan this one is a blast :) and challenging

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.