Zaccaria Pinball - update v3.2

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Zsolt. I didn't see that strike was mentioned in the upcoming update. I know you saw the problem as you had replied to me. The drop target problem and the major scoring malfunction on the bonus scores. That's in advance. R
Yes, I have made some fixes on Strike, just forget to note them. Thanks for the warning! :)

night

May 18, 2012
If you use the small ball it doesn't happen. Only on regular ball or large ball. One other t able it happens on two but I can't remember. Was clearing driveways ALL day and still have 5 or 6 more. We got almost 3 ft of snow.

...I just came to the conclusion that I am playing with the small ball! How can this be, I never changed that setting?! You are right about using the normal ball in Farfalla, it gets stuck at launch.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
How do you mean it doesn't load properly?

When the ball loads, it often rolls back and settles too far to the left to be hit by the plunger. It's hard to see the ball load on this table, but if you look closely, you can see the very upper right of the ball in the lower left corner of the plunge lane when it is stuck. This never happened to me before the last update.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
...I just came to the conclusion that I am playing with the small ball! How can this be, I never changed that setting?! You are right about using the normal ball in Farfalla, it gets stuck at launch.

I had the same realization. I checked after people were complaining about getting the ball stuck on launch. I think the ball was small by default. I thought I was using the normal ball all along.

Since then, I've tried using the normal ball. The physics do seem different. It feels heavier and I like the fact that it's easier to clear target banks with the increased size. However, it feels more like playing with a golf ball than a pinball size-wise. The large ball feels like a billiard ball! I only played with the large ball briefly. I switched back to small when I kept getting the large ball stuck in the lanes on the upper right section of Space Shuttle. :D

night

May 18, 2012
I had the same realization. I checked after people were complaining about getting the ball stuck on launch. I think the ball was small by default. I thought I was using the normal ball all along.

Since then, I've tried using the normal ball. The physics do seem different. It feels heavier and I like the fact that it's easier to clear target banks with the increased size. However, it feels more like playing with a golf ball than a pinball size-wise. The large ball feels like a billiard ball! I only played with the large ball briefly. I switched back to small when I kept getting the large ball stuck in the lanes on the upper right section of Space Shuttle. :D

You see, I KNEW something was different after the last update, I just could not put my finger on it. Why on earth is the small ball on default? Jut like the smaller flipper gap. Rrrrrr.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
I dont have this issue here tho, the ball size was at normal before the update and it still is after, i switched to small size to play farfalla and soccer kings because of that issue but switched back to normal size right after because of the golfball ball character, which isnt that far off from the normal ball to be honest

Last edited:

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
I didn't mean to imply that the update changed the default ball size for me. As far as I remember, I never changed the ball size since I've been playing Zacarria. When I went in to check after hearing complaints, I was surprised to see that I was playing with small rather than normal. I may well have changed it early on and forgotten.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Yes, I have made some fixes on Strike, just forget to note them. Thanks for the warning! :)

Thanks Zsolt. I remembered u mentioning it so I figured you were on top of it. You are the best. Thanks for ALWAYS staying on top of things!!!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The new update is out.

The good
Circus is a fun pin with a very traditional layout that I like.
The new bounciness that was added adds to the realistic feel. Very nice when the ball bounces a bit on the top of the rollover lanes.

The bad
The ball speed is way way way out of control. Putting ball speed on 0 doesn't help control it either. Not sure if the new bounciness made it worse? But the physics engine needs a max ball speed limitation of some kind. This lightning ball must be tamed.
Aiming still needs tuning. From a ball trapped on either flipper, it is not possible to hit the center scoop on Circus. This needs to be addressed as well.

Last edited:

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
Thanks for being our guinea pig, Kolchak. I think I'll hold off on updating until the ball speed issue is addressed. I was pretty much okay with the physics as they were, with the exception of the quirky ball spin.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
The new update is out.

The good
Circus is a fun pin with a very traditional layout that I like.
The new bounciness that was added adds to the realistic feel. Very nice when the ball bounces a bit on the top of the rollover lanes.

The bad
The ball speed is way way way out of control. Putting ball speed on 0 doesn't help control it either. Not sure if the new bounciness made it worse? But the physics engine needs a max ball speed limitation of some kind. This lightning ball must be tamed.
Aiming still needs tuning. From a ball trapped on either flipper, it is not possible to hit the center scoop on Circus. This needs to be addressed as well.

+1

Ball physics are super wonky. Tables are blurry. Bummer. :(

Circus looks like it will be fun.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Too super bouncy now. extremely over done. Seriously why did they release this it's now horrible lightning fast physics are far from realistic. It's like the ball is on crack rock now. new table is nice though. Better luck on the next update I cant play the tables now. Thanks..........

Last edited:

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Too super bouncy now. extremely over done. Seriously why did they release this it's now horrible lightning fast physics are far from realistic. It's like the ball is on crack rock now. new table is nice though. Better luck on the next update I cant play the tables now. Thanks..........

Agreed.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I love circus btw though!!!! Will play with physics. If I find a solution I'll let you know but I have a feeling "youze guys" would have found a solution by now.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Physics is overdone... tried to adjust with settings, it's too extreme. There's almost no mass of the ball. (It's been a tendency to ASK tables, tho - the ball feels too light)

I haven't checked all tables but at least Clown and a few, drop target reset sound is still missing. I'll report others when I get time.

Circus is nice! It's kinda about time to discuss how/where to improve physics yet further?

night

May 18, 2012
What the hell.. set the elasticity and flipper speed back to 0% is the best we can do for now I guess.
It makes no sense to discuss the physics now, it's just completely wrong, where to start? I would say, back to the physics of last month and try all over again because this is unfortunately completely unplayable. :(

Circus is nice!

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Yep enjoying circus - simple layout is a nice. I think the plunge is pretty close to perfect - I can now vary the strength and drop the ball in different top lanes ( prior it was one plunge fits all). Not sure the written rules are matching the gameplay. I think I got a bonus ball by completing the circus letters and then hitting the center hole, rules state it's a replay - prefer it as is with the extra ball. Also don't think the double bonus mechanic is working - top left light after the spinner and top center lane never lit up and I got 50k instead of 100k bonus after a long ball pounding the adv bonus targets.

I was actually happy with the last physics model as well. I just wanted the ball to be a bit heavier feeling. Like it would crack some teeth. And the "bouncier" mechanic would be from the weight of the ball itself compressing into the rubber - if that makes sense. The new update makes the ball a bullet -especially in the lower playfiield.

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
it's insane fast & furious ! the ball looks like drunk a box of RedBull !! ..... but that's the way to get the perfection , try and try change and try again till touch the sky ..., well , let's back to the starting point , what " we " want it's a closer possible to the REAL ball physics, this extreme ball movement would fit a original game or a hardcore mode ( optional ) but in the main game structure the physics most go to the real ball weight , speed and bounce - Pro pinball delivery it - back to Zaccaria, in my opinion it's the most complete pinball considering the general aspects of the tables + variety of options in game play , the challenge that's in progressive transition >>> thanks to fast move from A.S.K team it's the final touch for this spectacular pinball collection ! thanks For hearing us :) and as it being seeing , this issue will achieve its target as it goes on new updates , till there we most find a setings that reduce this energetic ball behavior.... looking for the new updates soon

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts