Zaccaria Pinball - update v3.3

daneman20

Dec 18, 2013
This is really awesome news! This app is on the cusp of being great! Look forward to seeing how the new physics plays. Of course, the new table is a bonus!

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
great news ! new beautiful table
and the most realistic graphic & ilumination till date ! fit perfect with 70's 80's tables ( no laser alike ) all good anyway ,, new physics engine :) . I just HOPE , the sound of this table it's not the SAME as the latest tables , all sounds basicaly identical, and it's boring ....

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
clarifying- most realistic graphic and ilumination till date I mean ( the whole Zacc pins tables ) not the new table alone " looks very real anyway on light room " and about the sounds , boring meaning the same fx sounds on multiple tables , Zacc pins have great sounds on some tables but another hand very repetitive sounds in another's loosing the autentice in each table , this is the only " negative point " on Zacc pins , but this issue goes only to about 5 tables with similar sounds not affecting the full collection itself ... . the most disappointing sound till date 4 me was the Mystical Star ... great graphics and cool table layout but a poor boring sounds ...this table could be one of the best but the weak sounds just take half of enjoy... you have the beauty & beast , that table deserves a fx sounds like Pinball Champ with voice included ! Zacc collection coud do and optional purchase sound fx like age of pinballs , I would buy it for a double experience on all tables ! Zsolt .....? check out on YouTube the sounds of pinball Vortex , TITAN and Cosmos .... that's is pinball 80's on the best ... and of course ... Centaur are amazing , the mixture of Voice and FX sound its 10 ! in Zacc we have it on Pinball Champ , Black Belt , Magic Castle , Time Machine etc

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
clarifying- most realistic graphic and ilumination till date I mean ( the whole Zacc pins tables ) not the new table alone " looks very real anyway on light room " and about the sounds , boring meaning the same fx sounds on multiple tables , Zacc pins have great sounds on some tables but another hand very repetitive sounds in another's loosing the autentice in each table , this is the only " negative point " on Zacc pins , but this issue goes only to about 5 tables with similar sounds not affecting the full collection itself ... . the most disappointing sound till date 4 me was the Mystical Star ... great graphics and cool table layout but a poor boring sounds ...this table could be one of the best but the weak sounds just take half of enjoy... you have the beauty & beast , that table deserves a fx sounds like Pinball Champ with voice included ! Zacc collection coud do and optional purchase sound fx like age of pinballs , I would buy it for a double experience on all tables ! Zsolt .....? check out on YouTube the sounds of pinball Vortex , TITAN and Cosmos .... that's is pinball 80's on the best ... and of course ... Centaur are amazing , the mixture of Voice and FX sound its 10 ! in Zacc we have it on Pinball Champ , Black Belt , Magic Castle , Time Machine etc

Not sure if I understand completely but I think you are saying some of the original Zacc tables could do with better sounds rather than the app itself? If so, personally I would prefer the sounds normally generated from the ROM to remained unchanged. ie: simulate the real thing. I know the ROM isn't emulated so if a sound is wrong or missing report it as a bug of course.

Now for mechanical sounds, ball rolling, ball tapping top of gates, flippers, bumpers, I think Ask homework have nailed it. They are awesome and really make the game.

However it would be interesting to have OPTIONAL alternative mechanical sounds, either per sound like flipper sound 1, flipper sound 2, bumper sound 1, sound2, or maybe a sound set 1, set 2, etc.

I like the curreent Zacc app flipper sound and it is realistic, however on some tables you can get a more clankier sound in real life. This depends on table, condition, etc. For an example check out Crow's Time Machine videos:

Two sound options that would be great are a Flipper HUM especially on EMs, and a thumpier flipper, bumper, slingshot sound. Again they should be optional as current sounds are really good already. I will post some samples later.

Last edited:

74-89

May 2, 2014
Everything older than Future World had simpler sound schemes, following on from the essentially monotone EMs. You didn't really get a wide variety of tones in pinball until the electronics kicked in.

Mystic Star uses what was essentially the first Bally SS CPU in a most creative manner I think. The combination of mindblowing mid-80's Zacc theme, art and table layout with retro early SS sound and scoring makes it one of my favorites.

I want the tables to sound like they did even if that means less interesting, and the remainder of this collection is EMs so I don't expect too much variety from here on out.

Last edited:

photonmonkey

Feb 24, 2015
I totally agree with the above posts, the tables should be as authentic as possible including the original sounds. I love the old EM tables for their outward looking simplicity. They may sound boring to some people but they are damn hard to master. I hope ASK don't add any 'new' sounds, just keep it coming like it is and I will continue to be in pinball heaven. Cannot wait to try the new physics and the new 'Combat' table. If the sounds are similar to the other EM's (as not played 'Combat' in real life) I will still be loving it, cannot believe how often I am checking the App Store to see if the update has been released. Never been this obsessed about an IOS game before ;)

Last edited:

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
SilverBalls " ]Not sure if I understand completely but I think you are saying some of the original Zacc tables could do with better sounds rather than the app itself? If so, personally I would prefer the sounds normally generated from the ROM to remained unchanged". I AGREE completely! the real sounds MOST be preserved for a real simulation and integrity and fidelity from the real tables . What I mean isssss...... on Age of Pinball , IOS app also from Ask H M , you can purchase in app an sound FX pack that gives an alternative sounds for each table on that app , so .... the ORIGINAL sound remained , but if u want to try another experience u can switch as a OPTIONAL sound , that I mean a double experience , BUT the original sound MOST remain the SAME on the main app , again .... would be optional , like the flippers and ball option on color and size we alread have on Zacc !

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Was playing stars phoenix and had a phone call, upon finishing the call I was unable to get back into the game, the screen was blank but I could hear the sound. Sony Xperia z3 compact running kit kat.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
@SonicBrain - Fair point about the flippers, gap, etc. already deviating from the original. Anything optional is always welcome and if it generates extra revenue and widens the apps appeal then that is positive.

As mentioned before being able to change mechanical sounds would be nice because these tables would vary greatly in real life. Even an in-app add-on with a LED mod would be cool - in the video above Crow added LEDs to the real table.

Having said all this I am completely astounded by this app (I have the Android version) and would say now it is almost perfect. The way the Ask team have listened and quicky reacted to the TPA community (in the iOs thread) has resulted in what was an okish app with not particulary good physics to one of the best pinball sims out there, out of ALL the platforms. I hope that it reaps the financial benefits for ASK team so they can go on to produce tables from other manufacturers, and even some of the TPA licences that Farsight will never produce. There are plenty of tables to go around :).

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
On the issue of sounds when comparing to YouTube videos, please remember that most of the time, they have the glass off due to reflection from the backglass hiding the playfield; so in essence, what you hear in the video is NOT how it sounds like when playing for real in a standard environment. Flippers will always seem to have more "TWAK" to them when the glass is off (new stern flippers give me a headache when the glass is off lol) and although I'm not against any pindev to offer sounds that echo more what we see in these videos, they really need to be optional if they go there!

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
On the issue of sounds when comparing to YouTube videos, please remember that most of the time, they have the glass off due to reflection from the backglass hiding the playfield; so in essence, what you hear in the video is NOT how it sounds like when playing for real in a standard environment. Flippers will always seem to have more "TWAK" to them when the glass is off (new stern flippers give me a headache when the glass is off lol) and although I'm not against any pindev to offer sounds that echo more what we see in these videos, they really need to be optional if they go there!

Yep Optional for sure :)

Members online

Members online