Zaccaria Pinball - update v3.3

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Really like the new physics - good weight and tons more ball control. I can now snipe targets! Trapping a ball is still a little hard but possible to do with a nudge.

Lighting = awesome. Returning all my tables to the default setting for dark room.

Zacc is looking and playing great.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Awesome update. Physics are great. Really dig the ball reflection. Lighting is great. This is a major step forward. So glad to have Zacc back!

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
if you go straight out from a real table and play Zaccaria pinball and other 2 pinball on IOS , will be easy to say Zaccaria it's the best similation pinball right now , and most realistic graphics too ! Danm ...we saw this baby growing so fast , Ask home Work team are Great !

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
did u guys notice the ball reflection on the playfield ?! the new ilumination made the tables more alive ! I advice go settings and reduce lightmap to 80% and voila ! Time machine , magic castle etc looks fantastic and the new table Combat it's a very good addition to the collection .... I'm playing on simulation now cause ..... it's a simulation :) kudos for the team ! and remeber ...u always can go graphics settings to choose your favorite ilumination .... Zacc pinball rocks now , go for it and enjoy , and it's to early for me now to appoint any bug ....

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I tried out Time Machine when it was first released and found the table slow and the ball floaty. But now the table is speedy and the ball feels like it has weight. Even moreso than TPA. I love the physical sounds, especially the rolling ball. It's graphically gorgeous and I wished TPA's iOS lighting was like this, but... I have never played a real Zac table.

Are the tables themselves any good? I realize that's a highly subjective question and it greatly depends on a person's particular taste in pinball. Me being a Williams fan that loves flashing lights and wire ramps, I know that Zac tables may not be in my wheelhouse. That being said, of TPA tables, I do like Centaur and Big Shot, but I hate El Dorado and Genie.

Is Zaccaria for me? BTW, I've only been able to play the free Time Machine table, and so far, I find it boring. I presume this is not indicative of the rest of the tables, but it's probably indicative of my taste.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Glad you guys are loving the new physics. Spread the word!

[MENTION=16]Fungi[/MENTION] - I love the tables from this era. There are about 30 now, and there are about 5 or 6 more due. By getting gold you get all tables and all features including dark mode. I reckon you will get plenty from it as the lighting on those tables is gorgeous. I sometimes sit there just watching the fly-by, it looks that good. By supporting them we also have a better chance of Ask doing more licences in the future.

If you have a friend with Android you can sample all tables with an Android first if you don't want to take the plunge without sampling first.

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I tried out Time Machine when it was first released and found the table slow and the ball floaty. But now the table is speedy and the ball feels like it has weight. Even moreso than TPA. I love the physical sounds, especially the rolling ball. It's graphically gorgeous and I wished TPA's iOS lighting was like this, but... I have never played a real Zac table.

Are the tables themselves any good? I realize that's a highly subjective question and it greatly depends on a person's particular taste in pinball. Me being a Williams fan that loves flashing lights and wire ramps, I know that Zac tables may not be in my wheelhouse. That being said, of TPA tables, I do like Centaur and Big Shot, but I hate El Dorado and Genie.

Is Zaccaria for me? BTW, I've only been able to play the free Time Machine table, and so far, I find it boring. I presume this is not indicative of the rest of the tables, but it's probably indicative of my taste.

I'd be curious to know if the free time machine actually has the new physics update.

I'd say Zaccs lean more towards Centaur and big shot than genie or el dorado. If you like KISS pinball you'll like Zaccs. For the price of 4 TPA tables you get 30 Zaccs. You really can't go wrong. I find them to be a nice change of pace from TPA and Zen.

night

May 18, 2012
Sweet mother of all that is good and pure, praise the lords of virtual pinball, ASK Homework, halleluja! The physics.. the physics!!! All these months of custom settings tweaking to get the best out of Zaccaria, and now we have this brand new engine that can measure itself with the best. All my custum settings do not make sense anymore, I copied the Simulation mode settings and did a tweak here-and-there, but so far it’s just great. It feels like playing each table for the first time again, I love it! Ball reflection on the table, I love it!! And what about the new Combat table.. thank you Zsolt and ASK for all the hard work, I LOVE IT!!!

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
guess us Android users are spoilt having never had the old physics. I love Zaccaria, there is a certain magic to it. Physics are sometimes a little crazy but I love the randomness.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I'm going to start over with this app playing them all again, as each table has been released I've just tried them and then never played again as it just didn't feel right. Now its right up there with the best.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The only thing I might tweak is to slow the ball speed down just a bit.

Before I buy gold though, what's the difference between the regular app and the "Master Edition" app? Currently I'm just using the regular "Zaccaria Pinball" app. Is that the one I should buy gold for?

photonmonkey

Feb 24, 2015
Is it me just trying to get used to the new physics or does the ball seem sluggish? I am loving the new lighting effects and have the physics on sim with everything else default!

I also am wondering what is the difference between the 'standard' edition and the 'master' one as paid for gold membership in the 'standard' one, am I missing out somewhere?

NB only been able to play on my Iphone 6+ on 3.3 as my iPad is at home (cannot wait to see it on a bigger screen)

haj

Sep 28, 2012
New physics engine is very nice, indeed!

Earth Wind Fire on camera 6, dark room is breath taking beauty... What's that the shadow is swiping from top to bottom at the ball launch? That's looking SO beautiful. (BTW this table's lower field looks like it's lit up and most other table's lower fields are dark (under dark room). Is this the way it is?)
Pinball Champ, FarFalla are also beautiful. And Zankor, which as a table is somewhat uninteresting to me but it looks fabulous and that alone makes me to play it :)

Thanks for the great update!

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
The only thing I might tweak is to slow the ball speed down just a bit.

Before I buy gold though, what's the difference between the regular app and the "Master Edition" app? Currently I'm just using the regular "Zaccaria Pinball" app. Is that the one I should buy gold for?
Master Edition offers you 4 tables - Blackbelt, Farfalla, Hot Wheels, Pinball Champ '82 - (5 tables but Time Machine is free after all) for $1.99 now. If you want to buy Gold Membership you need the normal version I guess.

Members online

Members online