1.13.0 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Also, if I can get the controller working it will just support standard controller mappings, implementing customized controls is certainly possible but there is not time for this round as it requires some ui work, saving the mappings etc. I am hoping to get a lock down on a build by tonight since I have to submit various builds tomorrow and Thursday I am out of here for 10 days. That said I am about halfway through some of the more serious issues that you guys found, I will be submitting a build tonight with those fixes (I will list them) and any tuning changes. As always thanks guys =)

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Originally posted by night Can you guys post 2 screenshots of the new tables?

8634600112_bb5ecb5e74_h.jpg

Space Shuttle

8634599376_039d5eb436_h.jpg

White Water

Timelord ...

They both look REALLY NICE! Looking forward to playing them on Steam :D

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ok just a quick update as I finish these off.

CC crash is fixed.
DD bumpers are back and animating.
The flicker in N10 is gone (good catch! that was a shader change that caused that).
The WW head now animates properly, the hair and head were rotating and different speeds (one was made faster to fix a bug and we forgot to change the hair).
CC table render has been replaced with the proper WW one.
Shuttle plunger cams have been addressed.

Still working on...
Manage tables (this was announced in the what's new text last time fyi, or at least should have been.)
The Shuttle hud is being replaced with better art, we are working on that now.
We are still working on WW tuning. Keep in mind the upper playfield (that Carl was talking about) is easier depending on how the table tilt is set, so on ours in house you can retry multiple times, but I let Bobby know so we will keep that in mind as we tune).

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
How about the table logos covering the scoreboard/DMD on the fly-over screen on all tables?

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
ok just a quick update as I finish these off.

CC crash is fixed.
DD bumpers are back and animating.
The flicker in N10 is gone (good catch! that was a shader change that caused that).
The WW head now animates properly, the hair and head were rotating and different speeds (one was made faster to fix a bug and we forgot to change the hair).
CC table render has been replaced with the proper WW one.
Shuttle plunger cams have been addressed.

Still working on...
Manage tables (this was announced in the what's new text last time fyi, or at least should have been.)
The Shuttle hud is being replaced with better art, we are working on that now.
We are still working on WW tuning. Keep in mind the upper playfield (that Carl was talking about) is easier depending on how the table tilt is set, so on ours in house you can retry multiple times, but I let Bobby know so we will keep that in mind as we tune).

Why don't you have your machines set up on standard 6 degree incline? Any word about the Lost Mine kickout?

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
The lost mine kickout is variable based on what WH20 you are playing. They aren't always crazy fast- there was one I played in Portland, OR where the kickout was a beautiful dead bounce to a trap on the left flipper, making huge whirpool challenge scores (billion plus) attainable and allowing you to play through the whirlpool awards ad nauseum. I've played on other WH20s like that and I've played ones where the kickout shoots straight into the slings and its a crapshoot. How the kickout works on TPA is going to be a matter of design, rather than an issue of accuracy in recreating the real macine. Scores will be much higher with an easier kickout, I imagine.

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
The lost mine kickout is variable based on what WH20 you are playing. They aren't always crazy fast- there was one I played in Portland where the kickout was a beautiful dead bounce to a trap on the left flipper, making huge whirpool challenge scores (billion plus) attainable. I've played on other WH20s like that and I've played ones where the kickout shoots straight into the slings and its a crapshoot. How the kickout works on TPA is going to be a matter of design, rather than an issue of accuracy in recreating the real macine. Scores will be much higher with an easier kickout, I imagine.
They're not creating one with a knackard kickout, a well maintained table should always have a strong kickout to the right flipper which you can't easily trap.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ryan, I didn't previously report this, but since version 1.12.0, the framerate on Tales of the Arabian Nights has dropped significantly on the Galaxy S III running Android 4.1.2. The framerate on TOTAN was fine before version 1.12.0 was released. Any ideas?

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
They're not creating one with a knackard kickout, a well maintained table should always have a strong kickout to the right flipper which you can't easily trap.

Not necessarily- I played a best in show WH20 at a convention where the kickout was easily manageable. I do agree that FS should make the kickout difficult, so the game doesn't become a whirlpool award all day situation.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
@Carl Ok Bobby agrees with the weak kickout and I think he will make some tuning passes tonight. That said I am going to give you a build before that and then tomorrow you will be able to use the delete table feature in the manage tables to delete it and grab the new one. I had to yank out the update all button it was breaking stuff and I have no idea why its messed up now, I will probably have to take a look at that when I return.

@PinWiz - No idea honestly, that table has not been touched rez wise since last year and I am not seeing that on my s3 =\ might have to profile that when I return.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Space Shuttle

The ball doesn't sit on or even near the plunger. When you pull the plunger the ball drops a bit but never touches the plunger tip

nHF6rdz.png

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
@Carl Ok Bobby agrees with the weak kickout and I think he will make some tuning passes tonight. That said I am going to give you a build before that and then tomorrow you will be able to use the delete table feature in the manage tables to delete it and grab the new one. I had to yank out the update all button it was breaking stuff and I have no idea why its messed up now, I will probably have to take a look at that when I return.

Nice one Ryan :cool:

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Great work Ryan! Thanks for taking feedback and attempting to address all of everyone's concerns! I just gave Whitewater a few playthroughs and it felt great - nice and fast. Excellent job on these!

As an aside, the sound that plays when the ball is kicked out to the top area is the same sound from Cyclone which makes me want that table even more! Hopefully some day...

Last edited:

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
New version of ST:TNG with v13 beta on Android. The back wall behind the right ramp is now completely whitewashed, blank!

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ok stay tuned, I have another build for you guys. The manage tables is fixed (had to rip out the update function), some tuning has been done on white water, the rotating head has been fixed, shuttle hud has been updated, and the logo has been moved out of the way of the hud.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
ok stay tuned, I have another build for you guys. The manage tables is fixed (had to rip out the update function), some tuning has been done on white water, the rotating head has been fixed, shuttle hud has been updated, and the logo has been moved out of the way of the hud.

Thanks Ryan...looking forward to doing some extensive testing when I get off work later tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts