Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I just copied what managment posted. We should know today from Sony, and I imagine it'll be posted on facebook once we find out.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I see they're showing the screenshots with the advanced lighting again. Here's hoping you PS3 players actually get what was advertised. I like the 360 version well enough - and since $10 for unlimited play on four near-perfect recreations of actual tables is a great deal, I'm willing to wait patiently for new features/fixes/updates - but I can't help but be slightly disappointed knowing what it should/could have looked like.

I'm assuming an update for the lighting must be coming at some point, since they showed MM and Bride with the new lighting in Texas on a 360, so obviously the console is capable of it and the code base is there...?

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
I see they're showing the screenshots with the advanced lighting again. Here's hoping you PS3 players actually get what was advertised. I like the 360 version well enough - and since $10 for unlimited play on four near-perfect recreations of actual tables is a great deal, I'm willing to wait patiently for new features/fixes/updates - but I can't help but be slightly disappointed knowing what it should/could have looked like.

I'm assuming an update for the lighting must be coming at some point, since they showed MM and Bride with the new lighting in Texas on a 360, so obviously the console is capable of it and the code base is there...?

I would really like to know if this is true. I'll be buying the PS3 version in the meantime me anyway, but my 360 is my main gaming platform.

Ammonitida

Apr 6, 2012
This is just sick. The PS3 gets a version with vastly updated graphics and lighting while the XBOX360 merely gets a port of PHOF's outdated visuals, sans the reflective glass. Sick.

Last edited:

squidlr

Feb 28, 2012
Well, the Mac version has iOS version graphics ported over. I could pour myself a big glass of whine, but I'm still enjoying the game in the meantime though. Look forward to the promised gfx update, but who knows when they will get round to it.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
This is just sick. The PS3 gets a version with vastly updated graphics and lighting while the XBOX360 merely gets a port of PHOF's outdated visuals, sans the reflective glass. Sick.

I disagree. I have seen side by side comparisons of the original PHOF HD collection for the X360 with TPA for TOTAN and between Wii Black Hole and the TPA X360 version. Maybe the Wii Black Hole is a bad comparison but the table details are significantly sharper and the lighting is improved. I agree that it doesn't have anywhere near the polish of the PS3 versions of the TPA first four tables but everything looks much better in TPA for TOTAN than the PHOF version. I'm also optimistic that with Farsight promising improvements with the lighting and camera angles among other things, they will make it better in every way sooner rather than later.

emb531

Mar 22, 2012
The Pinball Arcade The iOS build that we submitted last week just went into review by Apple a couple hours ago. If it passes, we'll be releasing it.

Finally...Apple better not reject it

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Here's a note from FS about he two new tables on Android:

"Just as a side note, older phones that are having trouble running Bride try turning off the hud. This new version is cpu intensive and we are currently working on optimizing it. In addition there is a known emulation bug where Medieval will delay for a short time after a game and before the end of game overlay displays."

I'm guessing the MM bug probably applies to all platforms?

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Yes all platforms. It's waiting for "Game Over" to appear on the display and there is a delay in the ROM till that happens. We are looking for a solution to make it come up faster.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Man, I love it that the problem is that the ROM emulation is TOO accurate that it introduces problems.

On that note, is there any way we could swing getting the boot up sequence or possibly operator menu sometime down the track? It can be an easter egg or something, I wouldn't mind ;)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
"The iOS update was rejected by Apple. We're appealing, but we've got another one ready to go."

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
"The iOS update was rejected by Apple. We're appealing, but we've got another one ready to go."

Jesus!, whats the problem now!!! So let me get this straight Apple approve an update that makes the app unplayable on the iPad3 yet reject the update thats supposed to fix said problem!!!? unless FS have competely screwed the update up and created more bugs than it fixes!!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Jesus!, whats the problem now!!! So let me get this straight Apple approve an update that makes the app unplayable on the iPad3 yet reject the update thats supposed to fix said problem!!!? unless FS have competely screwed the update up and created more bugs than it fixes!!

I'm surprised that Apple approved the last update that caused the iPad 3 problems, but rejected this one. Seems weird.

Meanwhile, folks are going a bit ballistic on the Facebook page....I know it's frustrating, but people are acting like the world is going to end unless this is fixed ASAP.

heybuddy

Feb 26, 2012
I'm surprised that Apple approved the last update that caused the iPad 3 problems, but rejected this one. Seems weird.

Meanwhile, folks are going a bit ballistic on the Facebook page....I know it's frustrating, but people are acting like the world is going to end unless this is fixed ASAP.

THIS and THIS.

Seriously, jumping up and down because it's not being released faster is too funny.

Not that I've ever had to deal with game releases but dealing with deadlines and revisions before - I feel for FS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts