My first table has arrived

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Well after rebuilding the flippers it just got a lot more awesomer :D. Having next to no real world pinball experience I didn't know how this table was supposed to play, now I do!. Its so much faster and more exciting now the flippers are fixed, I can't believe how much difference its made. Getting a few more air balls now though, I'm glad that glass is toughened!. What am I supposed to do about airballs directly off flippers? After doing the rebuild and setting the endfloat of the paddle shaft correctly and using new nylon bushes through the playfield I don't know what else could cause it, or are airballs to be expected on a fast table?

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Stronger flippers might break plastics especially with air balls. Hows that CRACK! when you hit the gass:( I always cringe and think no air balls on TPA:) The blue lense looks cool, I would have put RED,CLEAR,BLUE buts thats me. What little hole under the flipper? I haven't taken mine out. The pitch of table will make balls hop more the steeper it is as the ball wants to roll up the flipper because its angled backwards but fast is FUN!

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Just below the bottom edge of each flipper is a small hole through the playfield, it's for aligning the flipper while you do up the clamp onto the flipper paddle shaft. You stick a toothpick or something similar down the back of the flipper between the flipper and the rubber ( I used a small drill bit ) and stick it in the hole to hold it at the right angle. Also the end float should be 0.7mm ( on Williams flippers anyway ), there is a tool but you can make one out of a credit card as I did.

98643865.png
10075214.png

Photo's from this thread on pinside

Last edited:

Jeff Carpenter

Oct 23, 2012
Well after rebuilding the flippers it just got a lot more awesomer :D. Having next to no real world pinball experience I didn't know how this table was supposed to play, now I do!. Its so much faster and more exciting now the flippers are fixed, I can't believe how much difference its made. Getting a few more air balls now though, I'm glad that glass is toughened!. What am I supposed to do about airballs directly off flippers? After doing the rebuild and setting the endfloat of the paddle shaft correctly and using new nylon bushes through the playfield I don't know what else could cause it, or are airballs to be expected on a fast table?

My buddy has cracked a few balls off the glass while I was watching. He is a much more aggressive player than I am. I can think of a few things you can try like different rubbers and waxing your play field and adding new balls. Pinballs against glass seems like not such a good idea.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Had a fault with the plunger last night, just stopped working. Fuse was blown. Fault evetually tracked down to the plunger coil rotating far enough for one of the coil wires to short against the coil bracket. This was due to the plastic lug on the coil which engages with the bracket being chewed up alowing it to turn. No perminant damage, placed insulation tape over the bracket now incase it happens again and tried the best I could to clamp the coil in place. If it happens again I'll either replace the coil or look for another way to secure it.

All part of owning a pinball table.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Sprayed my nasty looking supercharger, not quite chrome but much nicer than before;

Before;

54027224.jpg

After;

img0660l.jpg

Still waiting for my blue police style flashers for the backbox top.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
NICE JOB! It looks MORE like a supercharger HIGH POLISHED ALUMINUN the only thing that would make it cooler is if it had butterfly flaps that opened to reveal the lights or a carbon fiber version. :D AWSOME JOB!

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
New LED strobe lights finally came today, didn't take long to fit. Now where did I leave that welding screen?:cool:

( as always video runs better on youtube itself so click the youtube button if its jerky )

Also I had some LED strips bought from Ikea years ago that I haven't used for a while ( they used to be on the back of my plasma ) so I thought I may as well use them :D, only downside is I'll have to hoover regularly now :p

img0789rf.jpg

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
SWEET!:) I wonder what the neighbors think. I thought about getting a string of controllable color LED christmas lights to add under and around the cabinet :p

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I thought about getting a string of controllable color LED christmas lights to add under and around the cabinet :p

I bought some today :D, not controllable, just a string of 70 multicoloured LED's. I may fit them to my stair banister instead though, I think this table has enough light sources now :cool:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
When I said it had enough light sources............well here's 3 more :D. A bit early but Merry Christmas to all Pinball Arcade players!

img0752hz.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts