PS4 pricing and discount thread

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
If it were free you could expect something shoddy like Zen where the only upgrade is 1080 P.

I highly doubt Zen will release anything that could be considered shoddy.
They haven't said exactly what else is going to be enhanced in the PS4 port, but right off the bat we are getting 1080p/60fps locked/full Stereoscopic 3D support, and all for free. They also told me they are considering using the special features of the DS4 controller such as the speaker for flipper sounds, etc..

Judging by the last upgrade from Zen 1 to Zen 2 (also free) there was some huge graphical enhancements. I would find it hard to believe they would move to the graphical PS4 powerhouse and not take a advantage of it. Though this might be not right at launch, but again will be free.

And I mean who fusses over. 15-30$ anyway? Are you unemployed or on a serious budget? Sheesh. 21 tables that would cost oh idk 100,000$ to actually own, for half the cost of a retail video game? And people still complain. Seriously I'm like ashamed for some of this community. You know Farsight has employees to pay. Sheesh.

Money is money.... regardless. I never understood the comparison of savings on a real pinball table vs a video game representation of it. When you buy a car racing sim do you think of it as saving $500,000,000 in auto savings?

Anyway, I am prepared to pay something for the PS4 version of TPA, but I won't pay any more than 50% of what I already paid for these tables.

You have to think of it logically.
You are not getting an entirely new game here. The tables are still fundamentally the same. The same rules apply, as do the music and sound effects - the same as what you already own. 50% is decent for a facelift IMO.

ZEN is not the only company giving away an enhanced PS4 version for free either. We saw Sound Shapes, Flower, flOw, Escape Plan, and a few others. Cross-Buy will continue to be utilized as publishers want to move their customer base over to the new platform.

I'm getting really sick of the complaining.

That's a complaint. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I have the season 1 pass from the PS3, but the PS Store doesn't think I'm eligable for the discount bundle. I even tried re-downloading the season 1 pass from my download list on PS3 but that didn't help. This is sony's fault not FS. I hope sony gets their **** together soon! :D

Urbanshenkie

Sep 7, 2012
all the zen tables are finished products with zero lag and no issues. pinball arcade on the ps3 is still unfinished , on the ps4 the lag is gone now but the sound has cracking issues. There is always something with pinball arcade.
The same horrible gui as on the ps3. Why not make a good gui for the ps4 , no they saying zen pinball is only a port , yeh but its was always a good flawless game without issues.

ps3 version still not good enough , xbox 360 is still the old crappy **** from back in they days.

Last edited:

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
Just thought I'd mention that I had no trouble finding/buying the Season 1 pack "(Discounted)" version, and was pretty happy to get the core pack and Season 1 pack tables "upgrade" for only $20.
And then I played it.
The lighting is vastly improved but I think everything else is pretty much the same, save some bug fixes. Not the worst thing in the world, but honestly pretty disappointing. The ball feels a little slow too...

And I have FLIPPER LAG.
And it's pretty much as bad as the PS3 version. Putting my TV on "game mode" makes it playable, but it's still not "1-to-1" right, and with having a real Fish Tales around these days, I know expertly what pinball should feel like.

Are you guys who claim there is no lag playing the disc version? Maybe the non-upgrade - aka "(Discounted)" version?

I don't have lag on any other PS4 games, I even played with my DS4 attached via the charge cable. I am really wondering "WTF" to use the parlance of the internet.

Would appreciate input, and if anyone else has lag too, I suppose it'd be nice to know it wasn't just me.

steven_dutch

Sep 27, 2012
Can't select the discount bundle either.
Getting a message that I need all the tables for season 1, for which I bought all the tables, individually on PS3/Vita.
Seriously hope Sony sort it out soon. Was so looking forward to play some pinball this evening. :(

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
The discount doesnt work when i click more info he says that i did not buy the season 1 pack or season 1 pack pro
yeh duh . so even if you own all the pro tabels the discount links doesnt work..

the discount doesnt work for people that bought everything separately "what a shame"
And i played tales of the arabian nights for min or 2 and absolute no input lag

back to the laggie 150 euro ps3 version then.

Can't select the discount bundle either.
Getting a message that I need all the tables for season 1, for which I bought all the tables, individually on PS3/Vita.
Seriously hope Sony sort it out soon. Was so looking forward to play some pinball this evening. :(

The Pro Bundle discount was available to me yesterday in the North American PSN store after I bought all the PS3 Pro table packs (although FS has said it's supposed to be available even if you just have all the regular table packs). But I've seen you and then other people here and on FB today saying the discounted versions seem to be unavailable no matter what. If that's actually the case then either something has changed with the way the discounts work since I bought them yesterday, or maybe (can't tell in all cases) you guys are all in the EU store and it's something specifically screwed up there?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
And I have FLIPPER LAG.
And it's pretty much as bad as the PS3 version. Putting my TV on "game mode" makes it playable, but it's still not "1-to-1" right, and with having a real Fish Tales around these days, I know expertly what pinball should feel like.

Are you guys who claim there is no lag playing the disc version? Maybe the non-upgrade - aka "(Discounted)" version?

I don't have lag on any other PS4 games, I even played with my DS4 attached via the charge cable. I am really wondering "WTF" to use the parlance of the internet.

Would appreciate input, and if anyone else has lag too, I suppose it'd be nice to know it wasn't just me.

I have no flipper lag in the downloaded (non-disc) PS4 version; I tested it the same way I always tested it in the PS3 version, namely flipping for the Tunnel of Love on Creature; on PS3 because of flipper lag the shot would tend to hit or even go under the slingshot instead.

Yours might come down to your TV I guess. If you have any other display device on hand you might try hooking it up just to see if that makes any difference at all.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
The Pro Bundle discount was available to me yesterday in the North American PSN store after I bought all the PS3 Pro table packs (although FS has said it's supposed to be available even if you just have all the regular table packs). But I've seen you and then other people here and on FB today saying the discounted versions seem to be unavailable no matter what. If that's actually the case then either something has changed with the way the discounts work since I bought them yesterday, or maybe (can't tell in all cases) you guys are all in the EU store and it's something specifically screwed up there?

I reckon it's an EU store thing, none of the tables I imported into Zen Pinball 2 show up either.

eracet

Mar 20, 2013
In UK - EU store territory. Have bought all the tables singularly, including most Pro Packs as they were released on PS3, so count myself as a genuine supporter of TPA.

The Season 1 discounted table packs options are definitely not available to me in the store, Pro or otherwise. I didn't buy the Season One pack for PS3 for the simple reason it's STILL not available in the EU area, so I can't upgrade from it, can I?!

It strikes me that one of the first questions Farsight should have asked themselves is "are we ensuring that our loyal customers in the EU area, who've bought all the Season one tables, can get their discounted PS4 versions?" The answer, as of five minutes ago, seems a definitive 'no.' This is extremely disappointing.

FWIW, I successfully got all my free Zen tables up and running with no problems at all. I desperately want to love you Farsight but this is currently a 'FAIL'. Please, please fix.

Urbanshenkie

Sep 7, 2012
Yeh Wut , zen did the controller mapping good R1/R2 L1/L2 all mapped and luckely farsighted forgot or to lasy to implement the 2 stage flippers. hehe

frankiedf

Feb 6, 2013
If it were free you could expect something shoddy like Zen where the only upgrade is 1080 P.

And I mean who fusses over. 15-30$ anyway? Are you unemployed or on a serious budget? Sheesh. 21 tables that would cost oh idk 100,000$ to actually own, for half the cost of a retail video game? And people still complain. Seriously I'm like ashamed for some of this community.

A lot of people seem to forget that when zen did do a mass upgrade to their product, the upgrade to zen/pinball fx2, that they STILL gave those upgrades away for free and let everyone import their tables.

And honestly, your "what are you, poor?" argument isn't anything but obnoxious and shortsighted. People were told they could get the game for a discount, how dare they have an issue when they find out they can't. The audacity!

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
A lot of people seem to forget that when zen did do a mass upgrade to their product, the upgrade to zen/pinball fx2, that they STILL gave those upgrades away for free and let everyone import their tables.

And honestly, your "what are you, poor?" argument isn't anything but obnoxious and shortsighted. People were told they could get the game for a discount, how dare they have an issue when they find out they can't. The audacity!

It sucks that I can't get the discount, but tomorrows another day. I don't see the point in getting worked up about it, it'll get sorted. Ideally I want to play season 1 tomorrow on my time off, but there are other games to play. It seems like a problem with sony, FS aren't in charge of the ps store.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I bought the game right when it hit the PSN store. The pro discount was uNavailable to me. I was forced to buy the regular season pack for a discount or pay full price for the pro pack.
Went with the regular discounted season but I really wanted the pro. Now they need to unlock my TZ and STTNG kickstarters. Another fine mess.

CrazyCoder

Apr 26, 2012
Same issue for me in the EU store, I own all the tables from Season 1 (pro versions). I baked all the kickstarters and I have to pay the full price again as the discounted version is not available for me. It's not how you should treat your loyal users. Hope it will be resolved soon.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Just thought I'd mention that I had no trouble finding/buying the Season 1 pack "(Discounted)" version, and was pretty happy to get the core pack and Season 1 pack tables "upgrade" for only $20.
And then I played it.
The lighting is vastly improved but I think everything else is pretty much the same, save some bug fixes. Not the worst thing in the world, but honestly pretty disappointing. The ball feels a little slow too...

And I have FLIPPER LAG.

So pretty much what I figured it would be. I posted several months ago when the very first pictures were released of the PS4 tables and it was obvious they were using the exact same d table scan textures from the last gen systems and I got "put in my place" by people telling me it was all redone and the early pictures had table graphics are placeholders. I can't say I am surprised by this at all, but I am a bit upset that farsight didn't use higher resolution table graphics. What's the point of having it in 1080p when the textures are 640x480?

Here's what I said months ago...

On closer inspection of Monster Bash I'm pretty sure they are using the same old table art scans. I'm afraid with the PS4 these will become much more apparent.

There is no reason the song tracks shouldn't be perfectly legible.

Here's a comparison between the PS4 version and the real deal. I really hope they consider rescanning at a higher dpi.
MB_PS4_vs_Arcade.png

I hope the same for the flyers. While they are not a priority, if they don't rescan them, they should just do away with them.
No one wants to view 640x480 pictures on a large HD display.

Here is an original (and beautiful!) high resolution photo courtesy of Pinballmedic.net
MonsterBash-Real-HighRes.JPG

Click for 3,072px × 2,304px image

I do like the lighting upgrade, but people who think those of us who paid full price (well over $100) for the PS3 version are whining because we want a discount should stop and reevaluate the situation at hand.

Urbanshenkie

Sep 7, 2012
true that Spoonman , this is no real update , more like a quick scrape all the old textures and sounds together and put some dynamic lighting on it then they wont notice it so whe can cash in quickly.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
So pretty much what I figured it would be. I posted several months ago when the very first pictures were released of the PS4 tables and it was obvious they were using the exact same d table scan textures from the last gen systems and I got "put in my place" by people telling me it was all redone and the early pictures had table graphics are placeholders. I can't say I am surprised by this at all, but I am a bit upset that farsight didn't use higher resolution table graphics. What's the point of having it in 1080p when the textures are 640x480?

Here's what I said months ago...

I do like the lighting upgrade, but people who think those of us who paid full price (well over $100) for the PS3 version are whining because we want a discount should stop and reevaluate the situation at hand.

The textures that I'm seeing are higher resolution than on the PS3. As I said in my first impressions post, they are higher but some people are going to say that they should be higher still. On MM I can read the madnesses that I have stacked that are listed under Merlin's Magic. To use your example I can read the songs on the CD. On the PS3 I can't read those but on the PS4 I can. So it is better. I won't disagree with you. I also want the effective resolution to be as high as the display resolution of 1080p. They are not. There's a balance of quality and price. I think most of the people on this forum would value quality over price but this forum represents a small percentage of the sales of TPA. If they could get $10 per table with their current sales I would imagine that would do some really nice things to their operating budget. I guess also if their sales were double what they are it would have the same net effect. It's not like they are Rockstar. They don't have a team working on the table texture. There's one person working on that plus he has other responsibilities. We want the polish of a GTA V or Uncharted but they have to deliver on a fraction of an Angry Birds budget. There are going to be compromises. But I'm not saying we have to be happy about them. Overall I'm pleased with the PS4 version.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I LOVE the PS4 version. Sure TZ has no powerball, but it will get fixed, just like it did in the IOS version. The graphics are a big improvement over PS3. So is the gameplay. Lighting is unbelievable. Monster Bash, lights go all dim, only evil professor lit up in purple, ITS ALIVE! Let the light show begin. All the tables look great. AFM, MB, CV, CFTBL rock with the new lighting.
Worth every penny. Can't wait for the next 2 seasons.
9 out of 10. Would give it a 10 but no powerball brings my score down. I mean this problem is over a year old and has been fixed on other platforms. Is it like that on the disc version? Sad.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
I can't believe Sony haven't fixed the discount yet. There is a BIG difference between the description:
Players who own all of the Season One tables on PlayStation®3 or PlayStation®Vita are eligible to buy this discounted table pack.
and the Tell me More information:
You are not able to purchase this product for the following reason(s):

You do not own

Pinball Arcade: Season 1 Pro Bundle
Pinball Arcade: Season 1 Bundle

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts