Round 2 Audio Interview: Post Your Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
+1

More specifically lack of communication. For example giving a PS3 release date, but neglecting the small detail of it being a north American release only. Nothing was said about the European version or date, what so ever.

I always post both the NA and EU release dates in the News thread when hard dates are announced and they've always been spot on.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
How's the PS4 version coming--any idea when we might get to see some screenshots? : D

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
Wow, I would be very uncomfortable having to ask Bobby to directly address most of these negative questions and complaints. I understand that those questions should be addressed somehow, but for the audio interviews, personally I'd really like to hear more positive- what's in store for the future type of questions. So far with this range of questions the interview would end up sounding like a very uncomfortable interrogation....

With that said, I'll throw my question into the hat as well:
Are there any plans in the near future to add more features to TPA user menus to allow for more personal player stats, friends' stats, and tournament info?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Jeff is a smart dude. He will take those impossible to ask questions and turn them into something non offensive...like...are there any plans to make improvements to (insert complaint)?
He seems to have a knack for framing a tough question in a non confrontational manner. That's why we are getting to do this again.

bagheera369

Mar 21, 2013
While I would love more communication from FS on some things...I understand they're all wearing alot of hats already. I mean, Lead designer/PR rep./Quality assurance. Or the gentleman whose name I forget, that does Sound/Pinball Maintenance and Disassembly/ and PR rep at all the shows. I do see things like the LabZero Games fundraiser for Skullgirls, and get jealous of their 30+ updates though. However, the colors are noticibly faded on the Ps3 version of Taxi/Harley. We would all like updates on Steam. We would all like to know more about the possible update fixes for consoles. We would all like to know more about what FS has planned down the line for tables / kickstarters / DE/Sega/Capcom possibilities. So I guess, if Jeff could just find a way to ask about things we'd all like answers to, in as polite and respectful a way as possible, we will all be good. But Jeff and Bobby and PinWiz and all of FS still have my thanks. Despite frustrations, or bugs or communication problems...their passion for pinball is clearly evident. I believe honestly that everything that can be ironed out will eventually.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
1. PS3-to-PS4 upgrade path via PSN accounts - they've said they don't know what Sony will allow - but, IF Sony will allow it, do they want to do it, at a reasonable (say $1.50 a table) rate, or do they want us to have to pay full price all over again? (Re-word that however you like to get the best answer, of course)

2. Wii U version info?

3. Class Of 1812 on their radar?

4. what about Pinball Magic?

5. Monopoly?

6. Judge Dredd?

7. Indianapolis 500?

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I just found out that Jeff / Bobby already answered my question in another thread. ;)

I emailed Bobby about the UI/menu complaints and got an encouraging response:

"We have a new UI guy working full time now and we'll be updating the look in a month or so. It will function in a similar manner, but the new look is a lot better."

Thank you guys.

Last edited:

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
I could use a wii-mote to controll TPA on my Galaxytab2, if only the game had keyboard commands to work with; no rootingmatooting nessecary.
May those please be added, (so perhaps I'll shut up about the fugly background carpet on android)?

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Am I the only one who finds it ironic that people are asking about the lack of communication in a audio interview (communication) that most developers wouldn't do?
A fair point. And yet all one has to do is take a look through the various threads on the kickstarter codes or bug reports or whatever and you'll find tons of instances where Farsight's communications were not up to snuff.

To wit: they've assigned a community manager to this forum and he pretty much never posts here. Or will start a thread and then not participate in it.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I could use a wii-mote to controll TPA on my Galaxytab2, if only the game had keyboard commands to work with; no rootingmatooting nessecary.
May those please be added, (so perhaps I'll shut up about the fugly background carpet on android)?

Ryan had confirmed he'll be porting the controller work from his Ouya project over in the near future.

Craig Booth

Feb 28, 2012
I always post both the NA and EU release dates in the News thread when hard dates are announced and they've always been spot on.

I'm talking about when TP was first released on PS3, they never told anyone it was a US only release.

Craig Booth

Feb 28, 2012
Am I the only one who finds it ironic that people are asking about the lack of communication in a audio interview (communication) that most developers wouldn't do?

Of course you are correct, we all prefer waiting a month or so for an audio interview with pre selected questions.......

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Will you continue to submit DLC for the PS3 version as long as Sony allows it, even if this happens to be well into the release of the PS4?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
What is the outllook like for other em machines that arent releases, mostly focusing on 70-89s bally and gottlieb, i want it all lol

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
Any comments about losing a certain segment of customers because of TPA's ridiculously easy difficulty settings? Any plans to do something about it on the PS4?

SNKAllen

Jul 7, 2012
Has FarSight considered making some DLCs for PS Vita , that actually use the PS Vita assets to it's advantage instead of low resoloution quickie ports of your mobile versions?

This is my question also. Why does Farsight put next to zero effort to use the PS Vita graphics capabilities? I know it's cross-buy with the PS3 but this shouldn't be an excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts