Zaccaria Pinball - update v3.2

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Discuss I mean by, how or where is wrong, what should be what and how and all, so that these concrete inputs may help ASK's programmers. Say, it seems many people feel the ball feels too light. So why it feels too light and what or how could improve it if any. I think they too are trying and tackling, so.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
It almost seems like there isn't enough depth in the ASK physics engine for them to fine tune things. I mean you would think that the plunger issue could have been resolved by adjusting the force of the plunger, but it seems as though the solution they went for was to make the ball respond to it more - which affects everything about the balls behavior everywhere on the table, lol.

night

May 18, 2012
we where so close! We needed a better plunger, we need better flipper ball controll, and a tiny bit more responsive ball behaviour on the elements. Probably Zsolts version is different from what we have got from the iTunes store, something went wrong with the update? I cannot imagine they would've release this on purpose.

74-89

May 2, 2014
Unfortunately, I don't see any difference in plunging. On tables like Hot Wheels, Star God and Star's Phoenix, the ball still does not launch properly in that it doesn't go far enough. The difference in plunger force appears to be strictly dependent on the new ball physics.

This is the first update I don't want. Keeping one copy for the new table and not updating any others.

IMO, 2.7 or 2.8 had the best physics so far, and there were no blurry table elements.

Last edited:

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
First of all, Zsolt: you guys constantly amaze me with you awesome efforts to make the players happy. Second: circus is an awesome table! Third: thank you for fixing Mexico 86, one of my fav tables. Fourth: the new physics are going in the right direction but it seems to me, IMHO, that the ball is now super fast where especially on EM's it was not. I like it, it just needs a little more tweaking. Thank you SO MUCH for always jumping on players requests and getting them implemented almost immediately. I know of one company that could benefit from ASK's business model. Again, I thank you!!

Pavig

Oct 29, 2013
I like the new bounce - the ball feels more live and properly chaotic... However, yeah the physics generally needs to be mellowed out now to compensate. I think the new bounce captures some more of the quality of real pinball, but is not well tuned with the rest of the engine to seem realistic. I am hopeful it is a few tweaks away from the next level.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Well, im happy with the new table, i imagine this could be fun to play when the physics are running fine and thanks for the camera and tilt preset who are memorised now, also nice that finally i can eject the ball into the playfield on farfalla & soccer kings.

About the plunge mechanism., i guess we have to wait another month till this runs smoothly because its still not working fine on quite some tables, it works great on the new table though !! and it would be really nice if ASK could manage to make it work like this on all tables.

About the physics, indeed just like Night posted my first impression was, is this result really the programmers intention who tuned the physics ?
or could it be that the results differ when downloaded to the device after the update ?

It would be appreciated if Zsolt provides some info about this and specially in this case, because unfortunately after this update the gameplay has nothing to do with pinball and is practically unplayable now.

If ASK manages to make the plunger mechanism work on all tables like on the new table and manages to finally tune the physics according to the behaviour of a real pinball table im sure this collection becomes top notch,

daneman20

Dec 18, 2013
I have been playing this app for 3 weeks now. The physics from before the update had the ball too anemic at certain times, particular in and around the flippers and some objects on the playing field. The update definitely changed that and I agree with all of the previous posts here that the ball is way too "bouncy". I find the default "simulation" settings just not fun to play at all and certainly very far from simulating "real" pinball physics. I spent an hour or so tweaking the custom settings and trying different things. Particularly, I set the elasticity and flipper strength to 0. Also, I adjusted the angle of the playing field significantly and increased the ball friction a bit. This seemed to improve the gameplay considerably to a point that I find tolerable. Where before it was like a "super" rubber ball on a pinball table, now it plays more like an f-14 Tomcat or Black Knight 2000. I have played a number of EM and early solid state real tables in my day and generally they do not play like that. I have never played a real Zaccaria table, so I could be wrong. Ideally, if there were some way to adjust the "bounce" of this ball through the elasticity setting, that would likely solve many problems. If anyone is interested in knowing the physics settings I am using, I will gladly post them. On an up note, I really love the new table. Fabulous work! Overall, I appreciate ASK Homework for the effort and apparent dedication to the development of this app! Thanks.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Well, im happy with the new table, i imagine this could be fun to play when the physics are running fine and thanks for the camera and tilt preset who are memorised now, also nice that finally i can eject the ball into the playfield on farfalla & soccer kings.

About the plunge mechanism., i guess we have to wait another month till this runs smoothly because its still not working fine on quite some tables, it works great on the new table though !! and it would be really nice if ASK could manage to make it work like this on all tables.

About the physics, indeed just like Night posted my first impression was, is this result really the programmers intention who tuned the physics ?
or could it be that the results differ when downloaded to the device after the update ?

It would be appreciated if Zsolt provides some info about this and specially in this case, because unfortunately after this update the gameplay has nothing to do with pinball and is practically unplayable now.

If ASK manages to make the plunger mechanism work on all tables like on the new table and manages to finally tune the physics according to the behaviour of a real pinball table im sure this collection becomes top notch,

Agreed!

74-89

May 2, 2014
For some reason I keep playing this update. What at first was sheer horror has now given way to some degree of delight. It takes some getting used to! Certainly not realistic pinball by any stretch of the imagination, it turns out to actually be wild fun - and crazy funny.

Showed it to some friends and they agreed. Couldn't stop laughing and trying to play the dang thing! Got some good high scores although I can't say I saw how it happened. Slow it down a bit (or a lot) and we might be on to something here.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
For some reason I keep playing this update. What at first was sheer horror has now given way to some degree of delight. It takes some getting used to! Certainly not realistic pinball by any stretch of the imagination, it turns out to actually be wild fun - and crazy funny.

Showed it to some friends and they agreed. Couldn't stop laughing and trying to play the dang thing! Got some good high scores although I can't say I saw how it happened. Slow it down a bit (or a lot) and we might be on to something here.

Am on the phone arguing w Shawn pinhead right now about this! I actually kinda like it too but it is unrealistic, especially for an em!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts